Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Hacking

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 09, 2012
So recently, and some not so recently, I have seen the use of a hacking program known as "cheat engine" used to make the game go super fast for fast questing, or to make planting a garden not take as long. People say that's it's allowed, but I don't know if it really is. I'm afraid to report them in case it is allowed and it's a false report. Can anyone confirm that it is allowed or is not allowed?

- Garrett Ashflame 110
Joshua Ashflame 94
Ronan Ashflame 93

Geographer
Jun 06, 2008
Use of Cheat Engine is against our Terms of Use and is not allowed.

Squire
Jun 13, 2011
Dworgyn on May 17, 2016 wrote:
Exactly, Dworgyn. Third-party programs of all kinds used to cheat through the game in all ways and forms, it is not allowed, not now, not ever. Clearly, some are taking usages & advantages of some unheard loopholes in the Terms of Use.

Never forget this, everyone.

Survivor
Jul 25, 2010
That's good to know. I was wondering the same thing on Pirate101 when someone said they used a cheat engine. At least now I know it's not allowed.

Defender
Jan 01, 2009
Dworgyn on May 17, 2016 wrote:
If a player is seen to say they use a cheat engine in the game, would that be considered a reportable offense? Thanks for the clarification.

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
Trimond297 on May 17, 2016 wrote:
Exactly, Dworgyn. Third-party programs of all kinds used to cheat through the game in all ways and forms, it is not allowed, not now, not ever. Clearly, some are taking usages & advantages of some unheard loopholes in the Terms of Use.

Never forget this, everyone.
Chances are there aren't any loopholes that they're taking advantage of, they're just rolling the dice hoping they won't get caught.

I would have thought there would be a way to automatically detect if someone is using a third party program to manipulate the game, but maybe not.