Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Can't buy it!!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 25, 2015
I bought a ton of crowns to do so but can't figure out how to buy zones! Please someone help!

Survivor
Mar 25, 2010
Please dude, save your crowns. Crowns are too valuable to be wasted on buying zones. I would get a membership. With a membership you can unlock all zones everywhere in the spiral. You will save so much money by buying a membership and going through the spiral that way.

I would not buy items with crowns either, because once you level up enough you will have surpassed the use of the gear that you had bought and will be a waste of some very expensive stuff. I would stick to unlocking sockets for your gear and maybe buying a high pedigree pet that can help you through the spiral. Good luck on your journey through the spiral.

Defender
Apr 07, 2011
Adam Daybreeze on May 28, 2016 wrote:
Please dude, save your crowns. Crowns are too valuable to be wasted on buying zones. I would get a membership. With a membership you can unlock all zones everywhere in the spiral. You will save so much money by buying a membership and going through the spiral that way.

I would not buy items with crowns either, because once you level up enough you will have surpassed the use of the gear that you had bought and will be a waste of some very expensive stuff. I would stick to unlocking sockets for your gear and maybe buying a high pedigree pet that can help you through the spiral. Good luck on your journey through the spiral.
I suggest you buy zones with your crowns and not buy a membership ever,

because if you buy an area with crowns you will be able to go there whenever you want with no time limit, and the chances are that you will have to go to all sorts of older worlds that you should have bought again and again in the story line anyway.

Explorer
Mar 11, 2009
You have to follow the storeyline in order to get to other zones...if you have a membership your wizard will advance right on in...if you are a crowns player(I was for 75 levels)right at the entrance to the next "zone" a big notice will appear on the screen stating that this upcoming zone costs xxx crowns...hit x to buy now...once done, your wizard will go right into the zone....remember. everyone no matter membership/crowns has to follow the storeyline to get to the next zone....and don't forget those side quests...they really, really help you level up!

Survivor
Oct 29, 2014
Adam Daybreeze on May 28, 2016 wrote:

Memberships are way to overpriced, I suggest to just use your crowns for zones.

Don't make the same simple mistake I did and waste your crowns on a mount.

Explorer
Jan 19, 2009
I really just spend my crowns on packs and such, lol. I'd rather just get a membership and allocate my crowns to a more useful purpose. In order to buy an area, you have to first make sure you are able to access the world. Then, simply enter the area and click on the, "Purchase this Area" (or however it's named) icon once prompted.

Et voilà!

Melissa Smith - Master Sorcerer Lvl. 48

Survivor
Dec 19, 2013
I once did a one year membership for another game. That year felt like three months to me. I think memberships are not worth it so I am purchasing the maps so I can actually own the zones/maps/whatever forever. I think you'd have to pay around two hundred dollars, but people from more than two years ago have spent way more. It's cheaper in the long run.