Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Tips for a solo storm character?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 03, 2013
Hello,

I have been playing on my storm character along side my brother (who is life) for a long time now, being in that duo has made the game a breeze for me as we would do all of our quests together. However recently my brother has cancelled his membership because he is going to university, this leaves me on my storm character to solo the rest of the game.. I am around the beginning of azteca and am a level 83, I would appreciate any game play hints that would help me not completely fail on my own.

Many thanks,
-- namakuji

Champion
Mar 28, 2010
namakuji on May 14, 2016 wrote:
Hello,

I have been playing on my storm character along side my brother (who is life) for a long time now, being in that duo has made the game a breeze for me as we would do all of our quests together. However recently my brother has cancelled his membership because he is going to university, this leaves me on my storm character to solo the rest of the game.. I am around the beginning of azteca and am a level 83, I would appreciate any game play hints that would help me not completely fail on my own.

Many thanks,
-- namakuji
Get a life mastery, craft better gear (don't go with full waterworks, that's a bad idea), use a small deck with only blades, a hit, colossal, reshuffle and heals (no more, no less).

Lvl 110
Lvl 102
Lvl 27

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Solo with a Storm isn't as hard as it seems. Yeah, you have low health, but Storm is a "go big or go home" type of school.

My Storm soloed until the 2nd half of Khrysalis when a friend wanted to tag along for questing until the end of the current content. My Storm as a Life Amulet for healing, and it came in handy while I was soloing. I took it off when I started questing with someone else.

Keep your decks small, but since you're soloing, you might need to add a little extra healing (healing current & sprite, fairy, satyr). I mostly use TC Life heals, so I can keep my deck uncluttered.