Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Disarm should be 0 pips

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
This thread is feedback on Storm's single charm removal spell-disarm. Currently Disarm costs 1 pip. I believe this pip cost should be lowered to be in line with the trends established with Myth and Storm's parallel spells.

Currently one of the Storm School's sub specialties is charm removal while one of the myth school's sub specialties is ward removal. The costs of their comparable spells mirror each other.

Myth: Cleanse Ward- Remove one negative ward- Cost 0 pips
Storm: Cleanse Charm- Remove one negative charm- Cost 0 pips

Myth: Shatter- Remove all Positive Wards from opponent- Cost 3 pips
Storm: Enfeeble- Remove all Positive Charms from opponent- Cost 3 pips

Myth: Mystic Colossus- Damage All and Remove all Positive Wards from opponent's team- Cost 5 pips and 1 shadow pip
Storm: Glowbug Squall- Damage All and Remove all Positive Charms from opponent's team- Cost 5 pips and 1 shadow pip.

Note that in each of these cases the associated pip costs for charm and ward removal is exactly the same

However, in one case the pip costs are not the same

Myth: Pierce- Remove 1 Positive Ward from opponent- Cost 0 pips
Storm: Disarm- Remove 1 Positive Charm from opponent- Cost 1 pip

As can be seen-unlike every other comparable charm and ward removal spell in the game,disarm costs one pip more than pierce.

Thus, I propose lowering Disarm's pip cost to 0 to bring it in line with established spells and trends between these 2 schools.

Champion
Mar 28, 2010
Eric Stormbringer on May 13, 2016 wrote:
This thread is feedback on Storm's single charm removal spell-disarm. Currently Disarm costs 1 pip. I believe this pip cost should be lowered to be in line with the trends established with Myth and Storm's parallel spells.

Currently one of the Storm School's sub specialties is charm removal while one of the myth school's sub specialties is ward removal. The costs of their comparable spells mirror each other.

Myth: Mystic Colossus- Damage All and Remove all Positive Wards from opponent's team- Cost 5 pips and 1 shadow pip
Storm: Glowbug Squall- Damage All and Remove all Positive Charms from opponent's team- Cost 5 pips and 1 shadow pip.

Note that in each of these cases the associated pip costs for charm and ward removal is exactly the same

As can be seen-unlike every other comparable charm and ward removal spell in the game,disarm costs one pip more than pierce.

Thus, I propose lowering Disarm's pip cost to 0 to bring it in line with established spells and trends between these 2 schools.
Pointless, disarm is rarely used in pvp and PVE. I have yet to see someone use this spell in either one.

Lvl 110
Lvl 100
Lvl 27

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
2 other spells that have cost disparity are Steal Ward and Steal Charm.

Pierce - Remove one positive ward- Cost 0 pips
Steal Ward - Steal one positive ward - Cost 2 pips

Disarm - Remove one positive charm - Cost 1 pip
Steal Charm - Steal one positive charm - Cost 1 pip

Defender
Jun 12, 2009
Agreed, disarm doesn't follow the trend of the zero-pip utilities that other schools have. Should cost 0 pips

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
Adam Wintersinger on May 13, 2016 wrote:
Pointless, disarm is rarely used in pvp and PVE. I have yet to see someone use this spell in either one.

Lvl 110
Lvl 100
Lvl 27
Not in max lvl PvP. But in mid level PvP it certainly could be useful if it was cheaper. We all know Storm can use all the help it can get at mid levels.

Champion
Mar 28, 2010
Eric Stormbringer on May 14, 2016 wrote:
Not in max lvl PvP. But in mid level PvP it certainly could be useful if it was cheaper. We all know Storm can use all the help it can get at mid levels.
In mid level pvp, you can enfeeble or get a may cast enfeeble pet

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
Adam Wintersinger on May 15, 2016 wrote:
In mid level pvp, you can enfeeble or get a may cast enfeeble pet
A maycast enfeeble pet is random and thus unreliable wheras enfeeble cannot be trained till lvl 70+(beyond mid level) and is only available as an extremely rare no auction tc.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
Eric Stormbringer on May 13, 2016 wrote:

I am in support of this notion.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
seethe42 on May 13, 2016 wrote:
2 other spells that have cost disparity are Steal Ward and Steal Charm.

Pierce - Remove one positive ward- Cost 0 pips
Steal Ward - Steal one positive ward - Cost 2 pips

Disarm - Remove one positive charm - Cost 1 pip
Steal Charm - Steal one positive charm - Cost 1 pip
Steal Ward actually gives you a ward, but I agree it should be less. 1 pip is good in my opinion.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Fable Finder on May 18, 2016 wrote:
Steal Ward actually gives you a ward, but I agree it should be less. 1 pip is good in my opinion.
Steal Charm actually gives you the blade and only costs 1 pip. Disarm only removes the charm and costs the same. Both Steal Ward and Disarm should be lowered by 1 pip.

Champion
Mar 28, 2010
Eric Stormbringer on May 17, 2016 wrote:
A maycast enfeeble pet is random and thus unreliable wheras enfeeble cannot be trained till lvl 70+(beyond mid level) and is only available as an extremely rare no auction tc.
May cast enfeebled is unreliable? Then how come many grandmaster wizards have this talent on their pets? Disarm only removes 1 blade where enfeeble removes ALL. In low and mid lvl pvp, blades are MAJOR but removing one won't do much because you can cover them up with elemental/spirit blades