Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The Forgotten School

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 27, 2010
Although you may have come to this message board for a new school idea, I actually am talking about a current school: Moon (). It is by far the worst school in the game and it is kind of KI's fault (no offense). In theory it should be a great school! One that could help the battle for the better, rather than being a paperweight and a waste of Training Points. It has never been addressed which is why I bring it up now. The moon school must be improved!
It may be said that it is "easier said than done" but it isn't. The solution is already IN THE GAME. I am talking about level based stats. Level based stats is like what we have for the items that we get from bundles and the enemies we get in gauntlets. Every few levels (in these cases 10) These bosses and items improve in both stats but spells as well. What is wrong with this system? Not only would it allow polymorph treasure cards to be used by lower ranked players without being over powered but it will also give higher level players a reason to use these spells in actual combat.
One argument you can say is that wizards must utilize these spells with strategy but I will have to respond by saying "The best strategy is to not get them" which is exactly what I and countless other players have done. There is no reason to get them since their cons far outweigh their pros. I doubt this is what you want. I believe that you want your creation, your child if you will, to live up and stand toe to toe with its popular siblings. Please make the change and I will make sure that I buy the moon spells as soon as I see the update along with other young wizards

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
Xonaught on May 2, 2016 wrote:
Although you may have come to this message board for a new school idea, I actually am talking about a current school: Moon (). It is by far the worst school in the game and it is kind of KI's fault (no offense). In theory it should be a great school! One that could help the battle for the better, rather than being a paperweight and a waste of Training Points. It has never been addressed which is why I bring it up now. The moon school must be improved!
It may be said that it is "easier said than done" but it isn't. The solution is already IN THE GAME. I am talking about level based stats. Level based stats is like what we have for the items that we get from bundles and the enemies we get in gauntlets. Every few levels (in these cases 10) These bosses and items improve in both stats but spells as well. What is wrong with this system? Not only would it allow polymorph treasure cards to be used by lower ranked players without being over powered but it will also give higher level players a reason to use these spells in actual combat.
One argument you can say is that wizards must utilize these spells with strategy but I will have to respond by saying "The best strategy is to not get them" which is exactly what I and countless other players have done. There is no reason to get them since their cons far outweigh their pros. I doubt this is what you want. I believe that you want your creation, your child if you will, to live up and stand toe to toe with its popular siblings. Please make the change and I will make sure that I buy the moon spells as soon as I see the update along with other young wizards
I agree that the Moon school has vast untapped potential. As it is now, the only real reason to train the spells is to get the badge. They offer very little in the way of consistent utility and, except for a little eye-candy they're virtually useless at higher levels. Making them scale with level would add a level of strategy to their usage and might even be reason enough for someone to start a new, dedicated Moon-school wizard (or, a reason for maxed wizards to use those leftover training points). I would consider doing it myself if I knew that the spells available while morphed would get better as my level increases. I also think the duration of the spell should increase as your level increases... up to a potential duration of 10 rounds.
This opens up entirely new areas of discussion related to critical hits while morphed. My opinion is that the use of Moon school spells implies that the user is utilizing the magic from his primary school to manifest the Moon magic... as such the wizard's critical chances shouldn't be affected and attacks while morphed should gain the full potential of the users stats based on their school.
Meaning: if you have a 50% chance of doing a critical hit using a spell from your primary school then you should have the same chance of doing a critical while using a spell while morphed... regardless of what the damage-base of that spell is. If you're a Fire wizard and your morphed character hits with an Ice-based spell you would have the same 50% chance to critical... because the morph itself was created using Fire magic.
I hope that made sense because I think I started to confuse myself.