Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Dragonspyre is basically Russia?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 06, 2014
Hey guys!
I have been playing the game since the start of 2010 and only got to dragonspyre in 2015, i had been going there with friends before that though, and i can't help but notice that all the people there either sound like snakes, or have Russian accents. Does anyone else feel this way?

-Rowan Ironhammer
Level 41

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Nora Sandstone on Apr 29, 2016 wrote:
Hey guys!
I have been playing the game since the start of 2010 and only got to dragonspyre in 2015, i had been going there with friends before that though, and i can't help but notice that all the people there either sound like snakes, or have Russian accents. Does anyone else feel this way?

-Rowan Ironhammer
Level 41
Yes, there seems to be a Russian theme in Dragonspyre.

Defender
Jun 06, 2009
yes the language of the world seems to be based off if Russia however i don't know what the architecture is based off of

Survivor
Aug 25, 2009
It is based on Greece And Russia in some ways Polaris is based off Russia

Mastermind
May 12, 2009
Russian is the accent, or at the least, Eastern European. However, when it comes to architecture, people often associate it with that of the Roman Empire. Some people say Pompeii, but I personally disagree and would rather say ancient Rome in general.

Polaris, on the other hand, is highly based off of the Russian Empire.

Best of luck!
S.S.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Shannon Skybreaker on May 31, 2016 wrote:
Russian is the accent, or at the least, Eastern European. However, when it comes to architecture, people often associate it with that of the Roman Empire. Some people say Pompeii, but I personally disagree and would rather say ancient Rome in general.

Polaris, on the other hand, is highly based off of the Russian Empire.

Best of luck!
S.S.
Yes, with some French Penguins thrown in!

Explorer
Jan 19, 2009
Dragonspyre is weird when it comes to looking at what it's based off of. It seems to be similar to:
  • The historical militant nature of Russia, as well as the Russian if not Eastern European accent.
  • The architecture seems to be based off of Roman architecture, and the naming also implies a relation to the Roman Empire (exempli gratia: Atheneum)

It's quite intriguing if you ask me.

Melissa Smith - Master Sorcerer Lvl. 43