Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Life needs more Attack all spells

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 28, 2011
Life only has 2 attack all spells and they cost a lot of pips. There should be a 4 pip or 5 pip life spell that attacks all. I have a spell suggestion and it's called Tanglewood Vines. It cost 4 pips and deals 210-250 life damage. Life wizards desperately need an attack all spell thats cheap.

Champion
Jun 26, 2009
There is one. The spell is called Morganthe's Ardor. It's on a triangle jewel called Morganthe's Ardor Jade that gives the card. (Click Here). It's available from Baba Yaga as a drop, or the Life Jewel Pack (which has limited availability in the crown shop).

Good luck, still trying to get mine.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
while not a trainable/craftable spell yet (and dont know if it ever will be), if you do the 5 Boxes event when it comes around, there's the Potboiler spell tc, which does 285 dmg per monster, then gives the caster a death shield, for the cost of 4 pips.

Champion
Jan 25, 2015
I agree but around what level would you recommend it be given. it would obviously have to be a level that doesn't already have spell quest or something like that. Maybe from levels 17 to 30? and for people who already are max or above the levels would simply just go and learn it or get the quest for it

Mastermind
May 12, 2009
Instead of making it a quest or anything, how about just having it become a Lore spell which could also be crafted? This would be similar to Deer Knight and could be implemented without questing interruption.

Best of luck!
S.S.

Champion
Mar 28, 2010
Mr Talon on Apr 25, 2016 wrote:
There is one. The spell is called Morganthe's Ardor. It's on a triangle jewel called Morganthe's Ardor Jade that gives the card. (Click Here). It's available from Baba Yaga as a drop, or the Life Jewel Pack (which has limited availability in the crown shop).

Good luck, still trying to get mine.
First of all, it's weak. 2nd of all, it's difficult to get. I'm grateful for it but it's not anywhere near blizzard and sandstorm

Lvl 110
Lvl 84
Lvl 27

Champion
Jun 26, 2009
Adam Wintersinger on Apr 27, 2016 wrote:
First of all, it's weak. 2nd of all, it's difficult to get. I'm grateful for it but it's not anywhere near blizzard and sandstorm

Lvl 110
Lvl 84
Lvl 27
1). You don't sound grateful, 2). Life should be the weakest attack school, which is why it's not "anywhere near" ice or balance spells.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Mr Talon on Apr 29, 2016 wrote:
1). You don't sound grateful, 2). Life should be the weakest attack school, which is why it's not "anywhere near" ice or balance spells.
ice is the second weakest damage school, so they should be close together in overall damage. Im not saying they are, or arent, I'm simply saying, as the 2 weakest schools in the game, damage wise, they should be close together in damage. This whole thing goes back to Life not having a good supply of trained AoE spells (with its second one coming in polaris), while Ice gets 3 BEFORE Polaris, and then its 4th in polaris. For a school that's supposed to be about defense and not power, ice sure has a lot of power in those aoe spells, compared to life.

Champion
Jan 25, 2015
Mr Talon on Apr 29, 2016 wrote:
Just curious why should life be the weakest school or rather why is it the weakest school

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
nick the wiz on May 1, 2016 wrote:
Just curious why should life be the weakest school or rather why is it the weakest school
because it's the best healer, so the offset is it's the weakest hitter. That's pretty much how it's gone for a LONG time, over MANY games. That's not to say they cant have strong hits, it's just that as a class, healers are the worst hitters

Champion
Jun 26, 2009
dayerider on Apr 29, 2016 wrote:
ice is the second weakest damage school, so they should be close together in overall damage. Im not saying they are, or arent, I'm simply saying, as the 2 weakest schools in the game, damage wise, they should be close together in damage. This whole thing goes back to Life not having a good supply of trained AoE spells (with its second one coming in polaris), while Ice gets 3 BEFORE Polaris, and then its 4th in polaris. For a school that's supposed to be about defense and not power, ice sure has a lot of power in those aoe spells, compared to life.
AoE is a specialty of ice, not life. As for damage, sure it could be closer to ice but I'm not that disappointed. I'm just happy that life is getting any kind of love. We've been begging for an aoe for years.

Champion
Jun 26, 2009
nick the wiz on May 1, 2016 wrote:
Life's primary function is to heal, attacking is secondary. When you have a life on your team do you ask them to kill it or heal you?

Survivor
May 12, 2014
i think that needs more attack spells to all also that you can get at lvl 20

Champion
Mar 28, 2010
Mr Talon on May 1, 2016 wrote:
Life's primary function is to heal, attacking is secondary. When you have a life on your team do you ask them to kill it or heal you?
Kill because my life wizard does a better job at killing Rasputin than some storm wizards.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Mr Talon on May 1, 2016 wrote:
AoE is a specialty of ice, not life. As for damage, sure it could be closer to ice but I'm not that disappointed. I'm just happy that life is getting any kind of love. We've been begging for an aoe for years.
Where is it stated AoE is Ice's specialty? It certainly doesn't state it HERE. Let's examine just the elemental schools

Ice - 5 AoE spells
Fire - 7 AoE spells (if you count Sun Serpent)
Storm - 4 AoE spells

So, knowing this, who REALLY specializes in AoE? Do you still think it's ice?

I AGREE with you about Life peeps have been begging for more AoEs for years now, and while we got one in Polaris, I think having one more earlier would have been nice. Pot boiler would have been a good option for life too, since it's a 4pip spell that's not very strong

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
I would love to see a crafted or dropped low-mid pip life aoe. Personally I am of the opinion that sacred charge should be made into an aoe as long as it's damage drops accordingly.

Champion
Mar 28, 2010
fireworiar123 on May 1, 2016 wrote:
i think that needs more attack spells to all also that you can get at lvl 20
Lvl 20 would be a nice lvl to get it at but honestly I would love to have an aoe at any lvl xD

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Life should have an AOE early on. It's a tough go until L58 when you get Forest Lord (which, btw, I wish was 7-pips instead of 8-pips). Just to get past the tedium of using single hits on my Life while leveling, I brought in my Myth to help, who can kick some serious tushy.