Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Should I do Colossus Boulevard before Krokotopia?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 19, 2016
I got the quest to do Colossus Boulevard, but I wanted to finish the side quests in Firecat Alley before I went there, but then I got to level twelve and I got the quest to do Krokotopia, but now I don't know what to do! Should I finish Colossus Boulevard before I do Krokotopia?

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Colossus Blvd is a side world that you don't have to do, but it is recommended (as there are spells to get there and eventually you'll need to go there for other stuff eventually).

Since you are new, it's fun to do all the worlds and side quests, so,

(1) Colossus Blvd
(2) Krokotopia
(3) Wysteria
(4) Marleybone
(5) Crab Alley
(6) etc etc etc

There is no absolute order you should do these side worlds (Colossus, Wysteria, Crab Alley, etc). You can wait until you are a higher level, or you can do them at level.

I find I have a better experience with the main worlds (Krok, Marleybone, etc), if I'm a bit higher than the recommended levels.

Enjoy!

Astrologist
Mar 16, 2012
Naataliee on Apr 22, 2016 wrote:
I got the quest to do Colossus Boulevard, but I wanted to finish the side quests in Firecat Alley before I went there, but then I got to level twelve and I got the quest to do Krokotopia, but now I don't know what to do! Should I finish Colossus Boulevard before I do Krokotopia?
Yes, this will give you the necessary XP and levels to face the challenges of Krok. I notice you've said nothing about seeing Sohomer Sunblade for the quest in Crab Alley. This is a side quest, very funny and it will also bump those levels up!
In fact, all Wizard City side quests can help you.

Survivor
Oct 28, 2011
Naataliee on Apr 22, 2016 wrote:
Doing Colossus Boulevard is optional. Honestly, it doesn't give that much exp at all. I recommend doing Crab Alley only and it should bring you to level 15-16 which is the recommended level to go to Krokotopia because you can access new gear and get new spells.

Survivor
Oct 10, 2011
I finish all the side worlds befoore going to the actual portal worlds.
Plus, you can whip through Colossus Boulevard easily by yourself

Erica Goldsteed

Explorer
Feb 13, 2011
I'd also say do Colossus first. I myself have teleported to some friends in Celestia (The latest world back when I played regularly) and did some sidequests there too with assistance from friends, but youll often get called the scum of the game for that. But the more basic order of how i've done things is "The entirety of Wizard City you can access first, then Krok (Because we didnt have Wysteria back then), then, if youre a high enough level, alternate between some Grizzleheim quests and some Marleybone quests.

Survivor
Dec 19, 2013
Yes, definitely. I did Colossus Boulevard, then Crab Alley, then I don't remember... Maybe I unlocked Krokotopia?

Survivor
Nov 01, 2015
I would heavily recommend doing Colossus Boulevard and Crab Alley. To access Sohomer Sunblade and start Crab Alley, you are required to do the Kraken side quests and be a minimum of level 12.

Survivor
Jun 09, 2015
I would finish wizard city, and then move on to krokotopia. One of my wizards just finished krok, but it was very challenging and I ended up having to go back and visit wizard city first, level up and then finish. It depends on your strategy. If you want to unlock worlds faster, then stick to the storyline quests (quests that don't give you the option to decline). You will unlock other worlds faster but be weaker. If you complete all the quests in every world, you will be higher level, but unlock new worlds at a slower pace. It's all up to you.

Explorer
Oct 26, 2012
On my Ice i personally finished maybe the first area or two of Krokotopia ( sorry, i'm not sure its been so long lol ). Then I completed Crab Alley and Colossus Boulevard. On my storm, however, i didn't complete either area. So, really its your choice.

Scarlet Rose 110
Alia 42

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
I personally did Colossus Boulevard before going to Krokotopia. (I was Ice and wanted to see my street.) I really enjoyed it and while it isn't required, I do recommend it!

Survivor
Jun 09, 2015
Hi there, I have just finished krokotopia. I had skipped wizard city and went straight on to krok, but i found that I was struggling to defeat the bosses in the second and third part. I had to go back, complete wizard city (level up a bit), but I finally finished it.

-Darby FrogHeart, lvl. 25

Squire
Jul 18, 2009
I always do Colossus Blvd first, simply because I like completing a world all the way through before moving on. That way I know I have the most levels I can gain, thereby making it that much easier on myself.