Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Can't port to dorm.

AuthorMessage
Delver
Aug 21, 2013
When visiting someone in their dorm room, I can't port to my own dorm room. Understandable if I'm in my own dorm, but in someone else's, it should let me port home.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
You need to be in a viable place in the Spiral, not someone else's home, which is kinda like their space, not yours. As soon as you leave the dorm, you will be able to port to yours

Delver
Aug 21, 2013
BrynnerOfReign on Apr 20, 2016 wrote:
You need to be in a viable place in the Spiral, not someone else's home, which is kinda like their space, not yours. As soon as you leave the dorm, you will be able to port to yours
I'm not asking for help, I'm reporting a bug. If I'm at someone else's house, I can port to my dorm. If I set my default home to be a house instead of the dorm room, I can port home. It's only when in a dorm and my home is a dorm that it doesn't work.

In other words, it's a bug. Nothing to do with being "a viable place" in the spiral.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
It's because you're in the dorm room already. The only way to be in another person's dorm room is to port to them. The game sees it as you already being in that location. If a house is set as home, you port to the house first. If in the house already it sends to dorm room. If in the dorm room, and dorm room is home, there's nothing to fall back on. I suppose it's technically a bug, but not one that causes any issues for any players. If you happen to be in that situation, step through the door and walk back in or click home.