Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Myth needs to be upgraded

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 25, 2016
Every school except myth has X pip spells. Sure myth gets minions, but it's only up to 4 pips i think, and it doesn't do damage like the other schools do. I get really mad when I'm in a arena duel, and someone just saves up pips and uses judgement or tempest which kills me instantly. It's really unfair and 1. they either should be nerfed or 2. Myth should be buffed

Survivor
Oct 14, 2012
I'm a myth, so I totally know what you mean. I have completely stopped doing PVP

Anna MythSmith

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Schools should not be nerfed because you can't win at PvP. It just means you need to learn your school better, to be able to compensate for Myth's disadvantages.

I never had a problem in PvP with my Myth. It's one of my strongest wizards in the entire game. There isn't a need for an X pip spell. Myth is cunning and clever on its own, including getting rid of enemy blades and shields, pushing DOTs back to the enemy, bringing up minions, their own DOTs, and most of all, FROGGY. Froggy is your friend. Froggy is your lifeblood. Froggy can be cast one after the other while the enemy is trying to save pips.

You need to learn your school inside and out to be able to play efficiently. Don't blame other schools or call for a nerf if you are unable to do so.

Survivor
Mar 25, 2016
BrynnerOfReign on Apr 21, 2016 wrote:
Schools should not be nerfed because you can't win at PvP. It just means you need to learn your school better, to be able to compensate for Myth's disadvantages.

I never had a problem in PvP with my Myth. It's one of my strongest wizards in the entire game. There isn't a need for an X pip spell. Myth is cunning and clever on its own, including getting rid of enemy blades and shields, pushing DOTs back to the enemy, bringing up minions, their own DOTs, and most of all, FROGGY. Froggy is your friend. Froggy is your lifeblood. Froggy can be cast one after the other while the enemy is trying to save pips.

You need to learn your school inside and out to be able to play efficiently. Don't blame other schools or call for a nerf if you are unable to do so.
Yes but, you can't do that when you are low level. It's no fun only starting PvP at a high level. I am level 34 myth, and when i try to PvP the enemy just saves up pips for judgement or tempest, and I can't do anything about it. I don't have much health, I don't have that strong of spells yet, so I can't do anything at all except lose. I don't want to only start PvP when I get a higher level... So I think maybe myth should get their own X pip spell or maybe something else to make it more fun and actually good at the lower levels. (For example I always thought that myth should be the only school that can summon 2 minions on the playing field.)

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
DeputyMooMoo1 on Apr 18, 2016 wrote:
Every school except myth has X pip spells. Sure myth gets minions, but it's only up to 4 pips i think, and it doesn't do damage like the other schools do. I get really mad when I'm in a arena duel, and someone just saves up pips and uses judgement or tempest which kills me instantly. It's really unfair and 1. they either should be nerfed or 2. Myth should be buffed
I am all for all schools having X-pip spells, but it has to make sense for what the school specializes in (which is what you're asking for). I have stated many times, myth's specialty is minions, and death's specialty is not, but death got the true X-pip minion spell that myth deserves. I would have no problem with myth having a true X-pip minion spell. This is one of those things where each school is NOT treated the same. In the case of X-pip spells, death and myth are the oddballs. However, I DON'T support giving myth a new spell because you lost in PvP.

Explorer
Sep 19, 2012
level 34 you said? hmm my wysterian spells are designed for your level.. and chaos would be the type though you could in theory buy any after you completed Wysteria.. its here in dorms too and although i dont have an x pip spell included, please peek and see if you think any of them could help?
stormy jen silver

Explorer
Sep 19, 2012
DeputyMooMoo1 on Apr 18, 2016 wrote:
hope i dont seem too forward but here is the excerpt from the Chaos/Myth section of my Wysterian Spells I designed..

CHAOS-(aka Myth)-theory/logic-is the magic of the unusual, unexpected, and unpredictable, defies normal logic, turns things down-side up, is anything but boring.
VACCUUM-pip cost 1 white pip-steal and absorb flat 200 health from opponent and steal their minion(if any).
BEFUDDLE-place 3 tower shields on self and 3 insane charms on opponent.[sidenote-insane charm give 75% chance that on opponents turn they either end up attacking themselves, or healing you].
CHAOTIC-single enemy hit that (earthquake kinda) removes both blades/charms and shields/absorbs from an enemy, does 300 DOT damage and stuns for 2 turns.*animation* -colors of midnight and wicked mustard yellow lightning swirl around the wizard then into a ball of energy that is thrown into the opponents smashing all charms and wards, stunning for next 2 rounds, then placing a DOT for next 3 rounds of 100 damage each round.

you may find other schools a little more fitting its a personality choice more than anything.. feel free to look at it or comment..

stormy jen silver

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
DeputyMooMoo1 on Apr 22, 2016 wrote:
Yes but, you can't do that when you are low level. It's no fun only starting PvP at a high level. I am level 34 myth, and when i try to PvP the enemy just saves up pips for judgement or tempest, and I can't do anything about it. I don't have much health, I don't have that strong of spells yet, so I can't do anything at all except lose. I don't want to only start PvP when I get a higher level... So I think maybe myth should get their own X pip spell or maybe something else to make it more fun and actually good at the lower levels. (For example I always thought that myth should be the only school that can summon 2 minions on the playing field.)
You have spells you can use. You have TC you can use. You don't have to save a massive amount of pips like the others to get the job done. Use dispels, minions, shields, etc. Keep popping hits at them. They will have to defend and/or heal, because you're hitting and they are not. You have plenty of options to use.

I started PvP on my Myth at about L35. She made Warlord in no time. It's all about strategy. Try some strategies by going to the practice PvP arena to see how they work. It will help you build your deck so you can do much better.

Survivor
Mar 25, 2016
You guys don't get the point... I was saying the PvP thing as an example of how unfair it is that every school has X pip spells except for myth. Like when someone uses judgement, what can I do against that? There's no shields for balance, I am not that high levelled and don't have damage resistant armor. anyways, ignore the PvP thing. I'm just saying that myth doesn't get X pip spells like all the other classes, and that myth should get an X pip spell.

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
Every school has unique strengths and weaknesses. Myth is fine.

Defender
Jun 06, 2009
DeputyMooMoo1 on Apr 23, 2016 wrote:
You guys don't get the point... I was saying the PvP thing as an example of how unfair it is that every school has X pip spells except for myth. Like when someone uses judgement, what can I do against that? There's no shields for balance, I am not that high levelled and don't have damage resistant armor. anyways, ignore the PvP thing. I'm just saying that myth doesn't get X pip spells like all the other classes, and that myth should get an X pip spell.
If memory serves me right death doesn't have one and ice just got one in the 2015 winter update and tower shield is technically a balance shield.at level 30 mt Olympus becomes available if your willing to take the time to farm.

basically my point is each school has its on unique pros and cons and you must adapt to them when i started an ice wizard it was so frustrating that i got ice blade in the final part of mooshu and couldn't do much damage for three worlds. myth is also a class that relies heavily on minions and I don't think myth needs a "per pip" ranked damage spell

Survivor
Mar 25, 2016
The Wyrm on Apr 24, 2016 wrote:
If memory serves me right death doesn't have one and ice just got one in the 2015 winter update and tower shield is technically a balance shield.at level 30 mt Olympus becomes available if your willing to take the time to farm.

basically my point is each school has its on unique pros and cons and you must adapt to them when i started an ice wizard it was so frustrating that i got ice blade in the final part of mooshu and couldn't do much damage for three worlds. myth is also a class that relies heavily on minions and I don't think myth needs a "per pip" ranked damage spell
Okay, myth relies on minions, but what about in duels? You can't only rely on minions. They aren't strong enough. And what about when you get to higher levels? Minions become useless because they aren't strong enough. I think if not X pip spells, at least the minions should be upgraded to henchmen quality. Myth gets minion spells, but then they become useless if you get other minions spells. Like for example, if you get troll minion spell, then you get cyclops minion spell, what use is the troll minion spell? You can buy both for 1 pip, but cyclops has more spells, and you can get it even stronger to 4 pips. Myth minions spells become useless after a while.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
I only used minions when I was playing my Myth in Wizard City. After that, minions become useless (and yes, they need to be upgraded for higher level - simply because Myth is the Master of Monsters).

It isn't necessary for Myth to have an X spell. Myth has awesome attacks as it is. My Myth blew through PvP and PvE, and is an extremely strong wizard.

You want us to ignore the PvP aspect, but you keep bringing it up as an absolute example because that's what you seem to be having trouble in - because you keep losing(?).

If you are a low-level PvP player, you're not going to run into X spells for every school. It's an impossibility (even with TC)

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
BrynnerOfReign on Apr 25, 2016 wrote:
I only used minions when I was playing my Myth in Wizard City. After that, minions become useless (and yes, they need to be upgraded for higher level - simply because Myth is the Master of Monsters).

It isn't necessary for Myth to have an X spell. Myth has awesome attacks as it is. My Myth blew through PvP and PvE, and is an extremely strong wizard.

You want us to ignore the PvP aspect, but you keep bringing it up as an absolute example because that's what you seem to be having trouble in - because you keep losing(?).

If you are a low-level PvP player, you're not going to run into X spells for every school. It's an impossibility (even with TC)
quote: Myth has awesome attacks as it is. My Myth blew through PvP and PvE, and is an extremely strong wizard.

Using that logic, then only ice, life, and arguably death, need it because they have lower damaging spells.

Champion
Mar 28, 2010
BrynnerOfReign on Apr 21, 2016 wrote:

Well you obviously have never done max lvl myth pvp...

Lvl 110
Lvl 84
Lvl 27

Defender
Sep 09, 2011
Hi there,

Wanted to say few words about myth school from my experience. First off any future updates for minions will be with "no PvP" sign on cards. Second minions are different each time you replace them in battle. You all forgot that we can use spells on minions (for myth). Shields, blades and now Demensional shift which for only 6 pips trades all buffs except for stun shields. Myth was never strong type of school it was always in middle. Wise and clever moves makes them a challenge. Doesn't matter if your minion is killed right after you casted it, because your opponent was attacking your minion and not you. We are not Masters of Monsters we are masters of manipulation and deception. Fast pace gameplay was not always our virtue that is why we wait right time to attack. We are reason why opponents cast stun blocks as soon battle starts. You lost strategy so what make another change is good. Learn on your mistakes and correct your deck as you go. There is no all time winning everyone losses once in while. Look at me I was getting only balance opponents and I made deck so next time I face balance I will have more spells to throw at them. My advice is don't make minions control your strategy try solo, once in while shake balance of battle with minions. If you want op advantage in your battle buy Talos minion TC it has 1000 health and it stuns and casts minotaur for only 5 pips. To correct you all Myth has 6 minions but troll and cyclops are worth of 8 minions each additional pip gives them different strategy and health. Also Golem minion is 0 pips ask around spiral there is no other school with that minion.lol.

Happy hunting Myth students

Survivor
Dec 20, 2010
Myth is quite op and doesn't really require an upgrade condescending that it often stuns or takes off all your shields or blades.

Dylan LegendSmith

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Dylan LegendSmith on Apr 27, 2016 wrote:
Myth is quite op and doesn't really require an upgrade condescending that it often stuns or takes off all your shields or blades.

Dylan LegendSmith
Myth isn't op, it's just different, just like any other school. They are all different in their own unique way. That's the way they should be.

Uniqueness is the key that allows people to pick one school over another. It also allows different game play. I play my Death different than my Storm and so on. Having the same thing for each school makes it boring. None of the schools are op. It's how you play them.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Adam Wintersinger on Apr 27, 2016 wrote:
Well you obviously have never done max lvl myth pvp...

Lvl 110
Lvl 84
Lvl 27
I already did my bit in the 1st Age, and I was not about to start PvP all over again in the 2nd or the 3rd Age. I had PvP'd from about L35 all the way to max at the time. PvP is so incredibly broken, it's not worth my effort or time to continue. I didn't do just one school, I did all 6 on my main account (Storm, Myth, Death, Fire, Balance, Ice). My second account will never see the light of day in the PvP arena as far as I'm concerned. PvP is, frankly, worthless.

Champion
Mar 28, 2010
BrynnerOfReign on Apr 27, 2016 wrote:
I already did my bit in the 1st Age, and I was not about to start PvP all over again in the 2nd or the 3rd Age. I had PvP'd from about L35 all the way to max at the time. PvP is so incredibly broken, it's not worth my effort or time to continue. I didn't do just one school, I did all 6 on my main account (Storm, Myth, Death, Fire, Balance, Ice). My second account will never see the light of day in the PvP arena as far as I'm concerned. PvP is, frankly, worthless.
I understand what you're saying but strategies have changed a LOT from legendary to max lvl, so your strategy doesn't work very well anymore (no offense).

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Adam Wintersinger on Apr 29, 2016 wrote:
I understand what you're saying but strategies have changed a LOT from legendary to max lvl, so your strategy doesn't work very well anymore (no offense).
And, you know that .... because ..... you've watched me do practice PvP or house PvP? I still do those ... on my max wizards, and at least one on each of the schools. I don't have Darkmoor gear to PvP, so I have to work my strategies around that .... and I do.

My Ice is still undefeated, both in and out of the arena. I still practice strategies, even though I won't step into rank PvP ever again (unless KI completely overhauls it).

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
BrynnerOfReign on Apr 29, 2016 wrote:
And, you know that .... because ..... you've watched me do practice PvP or house PvP? I still do those ... on my max wizards, and at least one on each of the schools. I don't have Darkmoor gear to PvP, so I have to work my strategies around that .... and I do.

My Ice is still undefeated, both in and out of the arena. I still practice strategies, even though I won't step into rank PvP ever again (unless KI completely overhauls it).
Adam is right. Practice and house PvP are vastly different from ranked PvP and in ranked PvP myth does need help. It is a lower tier school like death and storm.