Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Myth spells steck up (Question)

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 31, 2016
Question :

if i use sword shield and area boost, then use a prysm to turn to ,

then i use a attack , the damage will have all the sword shields and area effects
to it?

stages :

1) i use :
swords that adds +35% damage
AND shield on opponent +25% damage
AND area spell +20% damage.

2) i use prysm turn to .

3) i use a attack.

will the damage have all that added damage from stage 1) ?

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Blades and area effect will add, because the effect occurs before the hit. The trap will not trigger because it's set before the prism. For the Myth trap to trigger you need to cast the prism first, then the trap. That way the spell is still Myth when it hits the trap THEN it hits the prism and converts to Storm. If you were using a Storm trap then you would cast the trap first and then the prism. Order of casting matters when converts are in play. This applies to shields as well. If an opponent casts a Myth Shield and then you cast a Myth Prism, the shield will be bypassed. If you cast a Myth Prism and THEN the opponent casts Myth Shield, the shield will trigger and defend them when you attack.

Survivor
Mar 31, 2016
seethe42 on Apr 18, 2016 wrote:
Blades and area effect will add, because the effect occurs before the hit. The trap will not trigger because it's set before the prism. For the Myth trap to trigger you need to cast the prism first, then the trap. That way the spell is still Myth when it hits the trap THEN it hits the prism and converts to Storm. If you were using a Storm trap then you would cast the trap first and then the prism. Order of casting matters when converts are in play. This applies to shields as well. If an opponent casts a Myth Shield and then you cast a Myth Prism, the shield will be bypassed. If you cast a Myth Prism and THEN the opponent casts Myth Shield, the shield will trigger and defend them when you attack.
thanks for the detailed answer