Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Glitch with forums "search feature"

AuthorMessage
Defender
Feb 22, 2016
Lately when I use the search feature to search a user's posts it doesn't show their most recent posts.

Defender
Feb 22, 2016
It's sporadic, but this issue persists.

The first item that appears when I search my posts is not the most recent one, but perhaps the third or second most recent.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
The best way to get a bug fixed on forums, is to supply the most amount of information you can. What search words did you use? did you search a specific section or all of the forums? Did you search and list it by relevance or by message date? Things like that. This way, people can coroberate what you're finding and the bug gets fixed faster :)

Defender
Feb 22, 2016
dayerider on Apr 18, 2016 wrote:
The best way to get a bug fixed on forums, is to supply the most amount of information you can. What search words did you use? did you search a specific section or all of the forums? Did you search and list it by relevance or by message date? Things like that. This way, people can coroberate what you're finding and the bug gets fixed faster :)
I said user's posts. I don't think I was unclear.

Edit: aww, okay, yeah, I was a bit unclear.

Click on your own name, you'll see what I mean by searching user's posts.

As for "searching a specific section or all the forums" or "listing by relevance or message date" neither are relevant/applicable to this instance.

At any rate, I've made several new posts, all of which made it past moderation, and yet when I search my own posts occasionally it will be a few days behind.

Likewise, I once searched Professor Dalia Falmea's posts to quickly find the latest Feedback Friday and for whatever reason it only showed locked threads from previous weeks- even though she had already posted the current week's FF and I had already commented in it.

I think I'm gonna try clearing my web browser's cache and see if that helps.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Uncle Sweeney on Apr 19, 2016 wrote:
I said user's posts. I don't think I was unclear.

Edit: aww, okay, yeah, I was a bit unclear.

Click on your own name, you'll see what I mean by searching user's posts.

As for "searching a specific section or all the forums" or "listing by relevance or message date" neither are relevant/applicable to this instance.

At any rate, I've made several new posts, all of which made it past moderation, and yet when I search my own posts occasionally it will be a few days behind.

Likewise, I once searched Professor Dalia Falmea's posts to quickly find the latest Feedback Friday and for whatever reason it only showed locked threads from previous weeks- even though she had already posted the current week's FF and I had already commented in it.

I think I'm gonna try clearing my web browser's cache and see if that helps.
that's an awesome idea :) Certainly couldnt hurt. I've never noticed a problem when I searched the forums, but then never had a reason to really look into it. When I click on my own name, to see my posts, mine all SEEM to be in order and with the correct threads shown as my most recent. *shrugs* well, while Im no help to your cause at the moment, I hope the solution presents itself

Defender
Feb 22, 2016
dayerider on Apr 19, 2016 wrote:
that's an awesome idea :) Certainly couldnt hurt. I've never noticed a problem when I searched the forums, but then never had a reason to really look into it. When I click on my own name, to see my posts, mine all SEEM to be in order and with the correct threads shown as my most recent. *shrugs* well, while Im no help to your cause at the moment, I hope the solution presents itself
Well, if it works fine for you, must be something going wrong at my end.

It's a very on and off problem.

Everything is working fine right now, but then occasionally it just...

Aww well. I can live with it.