Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 4-15-16

AuthorMessage
Administrator
The sun's finally ablaze here at Ravenwood, and I'm about to go soak some of it in! First, though, is the matter of a new topic, so let's get to it!

This week, let's talk about friendship. It's good to have other Wizards that have your back! My question to you today is this... what would you add or change to make your friends list even better? Sky's the limit, and we want to hear it.

Have a wonderful weekend, Wizards!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Explorer
Sep 26, 2013
I would like to have a guild option or at least to be able to chat with all of my friends that are online at once rather than inviting them to a group first. Like a button that says, "Say to all friends". Or possibly a hot key that sends a chat to all online friends.

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2010
I would like better Privacy settings. Sometimes I go Invisible so I'm not interrupted 100 times while I garden. I still would like to talk to my TFC friend, or my Starred. If I could be visible to Starred, visible to TFC, but invisible to everyone else, I could get my gardening and crafting and pet training tasks done while still chatting with my closest friends.

I'd like to be able to sort them, make lists (hatchers, farmers, arena, derby, whatever) and see last interaction, or at least that date & time. Did I only friend this person so I could trade TCs to fund a hatch? Have I not spoken to them in six months? Is that the new friend I made farming Omen the other day?

I'd also like to stay at the same point in my list if I delete someone; ie my list is full an I need to add someone. There are seven names in a row I don't recognize. When I delete the first of them, leave me at that point in the alphabetical list. Don't take me back up to the As.

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
Professor Falmea on Apr 15, 2016 wrote:
The sun's finally ablaze here at Ravenwood, and I'm about to go soak some of it in! First, though, is the matter of a new topic, so let's get to it!

This week, let's talk about friendship. It's good to have other Wizards that have your back! My question to you today is this... what would you add or change to make your friends list even better? Sky's the limit, and we want to hear it.

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!
Definitely an offline messaging system. I've pretty much lost all of my friends in the past 2 years, and a large part of it is due to changes in real life schedules. I started having less time to play, and we wound up online simultaneously less often.

If we could have organized times to get on together, or even communicated that we wouldn't be able to make it on at a time when we said we would, things might have worked out better. But if you keep missing each other, and the only way to communicate is to both be online at the same time, it makes things difficult.

I suppose the extra server space that would probably be required to store messages could be a concern, but that's really the only thing I can think of that would have helped me at one point in time.

Delver
Mar 29, 2012
I would like to know whether a wizard has been active in the last 30 days. I would like checkboxes similar to quicksell so that removing friends wouldn't be so painstaking and glitchy. I would love font colors to show the friends school at a glance. Last, but not in any way least, I would like the list to be unlimited. Thanks for asking, friends are what makes the spiral go 'round. Amber

Hero
May 07, 2015
Professor Falmea on Apr 15, 2016 wrote:

some way to send them messages when there offline and a way to tell if there in a dungeon or questing

Hero
May 07, 2015
P.S a way to see if there a person that helps make the game I don't know what there called

Survivor
Mar 02, 2012
Greeting,

Friend list need to be change. it does not say "how many friend you have currently"

For member is 150 max friend allot.

But if you are not member and you're stuck with 100 friends, can't remove any its pain.
could you make it 120 for non member wizards?

Defender
Feb 22, 2016
I don't personally make use of the friend feature, except while doing instances, for the sake of teleporting.

I think I have one friend named Oran, a Thaumaturge, who I help occasionally. Other than that one guy, the friends list is not something I often utilize.

I used to add people or let them add me, and I'd keep them there, but then like...they just sit there. A name on the list, and nothing more.

Now I usually just save myself the anxiety and remove them when we're no longer rolling together.

If I had to suggest something...trading. Not just trading treasure cards, but full trading. Pets, mounts, gear, gold, the works.

Being able to visit your friend's home at will would be neat too, especially if they have amenities you can use.

Perhaps give you minor stat bonuses when you play with friends?

I've mentioned this elsewhere, but perhaps implement unique names.

For example, each person could have something resembling a twitter handle, tied to their account.

For example, while playing as Morgrim and using chat, after Morgrim in somewhat faded text it would say @uncle_sweeney or @Uncle_Sweeney and likewise playing as Belgrim it would say the same thing.

Morgrim@Uncle_Sweeney

Belgrim@Uncle_Sweeney

People could search for you based on your unique handle and add you.

When you friend someone, they become friends with the handle, so no need to re-friend them on all your alts.

Likewise, when you ignore someone on one character, they're ignored on all your characters.

This would prevent fraudulent behavior as well, to a certain extent.

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
The Friends List is great to have, and can be improved.

Here's some ideas:
  • Last Time Online Indicator ( can show hours, days, weeks, months or years)
  • A separate friends list tab for friends that haven't been online in awhile.
  • Button to send message to offline friends, so they see message when they return

Mastermind
May 12, 2009
This has all ready been mentioned on other threads, but I'll reiterate.

I would like to have the ability to see when some of my friends were last on.

Having been on a lot of adventures, I've made a lot of friends. However, some simply stop playing, and I would like to know who would be more reasonable to delete to make more room for new allies.

Thank you for reading and considering.

Best of luck!
S.S.

Defender
Nov 19, 2009
If I had to change the friends list I would make friends list sorting. Sort by level and by school. Also would make it possible to Bulk friends delete. Another thing I would do is make it so I can delete people who haven't been on in at least 2 months. Sometimes players Just don't play and I am not aware so Id want to know who and free up friends list space. Also please make the friends list stop resetting its position when one starts deleting or clicking people in the list. Example: I click on Talon Fireflame And I have to scroll way down. Then I click him an check his stats, Now I go back to friends list and now we are back at the top. Well Darn I wanted to check Tarlac to so back down we have to go. Make it so the list stays where you were.

Also friends list searching would be a nice feature.

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
Like others have said, add sorting or grouping of friends: Hatching group, questing group, pvp group, farming crew

Add a small field where we can insert a note about that player (e.g. Alt account of Joe Shmoe, Ward pet hatching partner, Joe Shmoe's fire)

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
crunkatog on Apr 20, 2016 wrote:
Like others have said, add sorting or grouping of friends: Hatching group, questing group, pvp group, farming crew

Add a small field where we can insert a note about that player (e.g. Alt account of Joe Shmoe, Ward pet hatching partner, Joe Shmoe's fire)
^ Those, exactly. It would be great to sort, filter, and annotate players.

I'd also like a longer list.

The suggestions about "last on" are good too.

One more idea - being able to add multiple wizards from the same account. If I want my Storm, life, and balance to be friends with your myth, death, and ice, we should have a "friend all" option, rather than having to make 9 individual meetings.

Survivor
Mar 28, 2013
I would like to see:

• The last time someone logged on/was active.
  • A line or 2 to write a reminder note about a particular friend-where met, who met from, etc.
  • The ability to de-select certain friends when you are "hidden"-so you will be visible to whoever you de-select from "hidden".
  • The option to add all or some of the other wizards of a friend you are adding. Both wizards have to agree, so there could be a pop up list of wizards by level on those accounts, and each wizard could select/deselect who they want to offer as an add, or deselect to not make available to add (like TC trading).

Explorer
Sep 19, 2012
very nice topic.. loved 95% of uncle sweeney suggestions.. truly brilliant..
ok for me most of what has already been said i agree with (frantically searches for YAR button)..
I would like a way in which when you friend a good buddy and you then add all their characters, be neat if there was a drop down function, similar to a subcategory so looks like this

amelia tenderheart
amelia lifewood
sierra wildstar

if that was implemented all would could as a single "friend" even though different names its one account so 1 friend
i think this would help a serious amount in clearing and reorganizing most friends lists.

also i would like to suggest a "temp" friends list and extra 20 person spot that AUTOMATICALLY empties itself once a week.. so if you farming, hatching, or just met for tc and decide not to add permanently you can tell them ahead of time as well.. "sorry my regular friends list is full, though i can add you to my temp one" also should prevent any tears of "D: you removed meh?"

Can you hear the fansite angels singing? XD

heads up i suggested all of this on P101 test realm last summer.. yet havent seen it as of yet.. would be really lovely of you to add it for both the 101 games please.

ty for listening,
stormy jen silver

Administrator
These are all great ideas, we'll definitely consider them in the future if we update the friends list! Another topic shall be making it's appearance shortly.

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea