Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Mount sound effects not working properly

AuthorMessage
Champion
Mar 05, 2012
After the 4/6/16 update the sound effects on all of my running mounts is not matching the movement of the mount; when running straight ahead the sound is about half the speed of the mount. It's most noticeable on mounts with legs and hooves (white stag, unicorn, shadowsteed, palanquin, jaguar, etc.).
Running through an echo-filled Krok pyramid on a white stag clacking away on its hooves is half the fun

Champion
Mar 05, 2012
In addition to the mismatch in mount speed/sound effects, the volume of mounts is a lot lower than before. In an area with a waterfall, howling wind, etc., can barely hear my mount at all. Sounds muted or cotton in the ears. If picking up a piece of mistwood sounds like El Kabong, the ratio is really off.
As a gamer that uses high quality ear phones to enhance the experience, this is a big mistake to nerf mount sounds compared to the environment. It creates a feeling of Disconnect.

Survivor
Dec 10, 2008
I can confirm this happening to me as well.
I was told by KI Support that I'm simply "lagging" and to turn down all my settings.

I've been using the same computer with the same specs for years and this only occurred after the update.
This happens on all of my computers as well.

Delver
Apr 10, 2010
Yes, this may seem silly to a lot of you wizards. But I noticed after the newest updates that the horse mounts hoofbeats aren't in sync with the sound.At least with the crystal unicorns, it isn't. Has anyone else noticed?

Survivor
Jul 21, 2011
This is also happening to me as well. It is getting on my nerves so bad. As a girl I loved listening to my crystal unicorn's mount feet click clack with every step it was really cool and fun. It almost sounds like it is in slow motion, my unicorn looks like it is taking more steps than the sound is making. I also hate how other noises are much louder. I do not want to sound like I am floating, I really hope they fix this issue. I know I am not lagging. My settings have always been the same and never had this issue. I even turned my settings down as well and I am still having this sound issue.

Survivor
Jul 02, 2012
Now that you mention it that's all I can think about, haha!
I don't remember it always being like that, but I can see why it bugs you.

Survivor
Dec 10, 2008
I've had this issue since the 4/6/16 update.

It isn't just the horse mounts. Every mount that flaps, waddles, squeaks, or anything is about 50% slower than the animation of the mount.

I've changed settings, reinstalled the game, went to Perfect un-populated areas. I have this problem consistently on *both* my Mac and PC.

I submitted a ticket to KI and they said they are going to investigate, but they couldn't reproduce our issue.

Champion
Mar 05, 2012
Agreed, Garvorious; it is Not a lag issue. My setup is all top speed/new, etc. as well.
And Haley, so true - if you can't enjoy the sound of your Mount clacking, what's the point? I purchased mounts just for that reason alone.
While riding my Unicorn, within 30 seconds the hooves just make a 'Clunk....Clunk....Clunk..' 'Thud...Thud...Thud..' sound.

It does have a Negative Impact on gameplay.

Delver
Apr 10, 2010
I glad to know I'm not the only one. Hopefully they'll fix it.

Champion
Mar 05, 2012
not only has the issue not been fixed it is worse; now when moving through an area (going through a door, i.e. commons to shopping district, etc.) there is zero mount noise at times.
It's pretty bad.

Survivor
Dec 10, 2008
I wanted to come update that my sound has not been fixed since the April Update, too.
I also noticed the zero mount sound issue as well.

I've come to conclusion that the mount sound is approximately *40%* slower than what it's intentionally supposed to be. This may be in relations to the mount speed since it's 40% as well?

I sent a ticket a while ago, but KI hasn't made any official acknowledgement to the problem so far.

Champion
Mar 05, 2012
But my Chopper is still overpowered in the sound dept with no issues,lol.