Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Storm health way to low

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 26, 2015
For all those storm people out there struggling, I'm sorry to hear that, but finally, the issue is being addressed. Storm wizards have way to low health like i mean low. I'm lvl 57 and my base health is 1200 like srsly Kingsisle every time I quest I need help/ can't do it alone because I die so quickly, and even if i do have help I have to go last so the mobs don't attack me. come on Kingsisle you're better than this.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
elijah24682468 on Apr 3, 2016 wrote:
For all those storm people out there struggling, I'm sorry to hear that, but finally, the issue is being addressed. Storm wizards have way to low health like i mean low. I'm lvl 57 and my base health is 1200 like srsly Kingsisle every time I quest I need help/ can't do it alone because I die so quickly, and even if i do have help I have to go last so the mobs don't attack me. come on Kingsisle you're better than this.
I'm level 110 storm, and while our health is low it's balanced by how much power we pack without having to boost.

There are ways around it:

1. look for additional health on your gear
2. use additional health gems
3. breed your pets to get pets that boost your health and make sure they at least have spritely.
4. boost incoming on everything you can so that heals give you back large amounts.
5. use team up all the time. Everyone wants a storm to go in with them, because storm is the powerhouse. So use team up.
6. make friends with a life wizard who plays life right - heals if anyone is hurt. Attacks only if there's no need to heal. And quest with them.

Stop trying to solo the game, it's not easy and not designed for that.

Survivor
Oct 23, 2015
Hello Elijah!

Your concern is no longer! Storm at max lvl is around 4500 - 5000HP! Crazy right?! No need to be grumpy around low lvl storm.. The reason for it is because storm can dish out so much damage in a short time there is no need for such high health; that's like saying you're a flying tank! You'll see once you get to 100 you'll feel so strong you'll never wanna switch to another school.

As of right now some storm out there has reached either 142 damage to their school or 999 critical!

Some storm can be tanky, maybe like 50 resist to all tanky!

And others can get 500 block to all. Crazy!

Please don't be mad about storm it's a needed school and so is all the others. Just be patient young one.

Defender
Oct 24, 2012
Storm is essentially a glass cannon. It was built for team play. The only schools built for solo are Death and Myth.

Squire
Jul 18, 2009
Maybe you'd be better off with a school better suited to your play style.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Defender
Aug 06, 2011
elijah24682468 on Apr 3, 2016 wrote:
Storm is a very damage-oriented school. It isn't easy to play that style! Perhaps if you want to keep the high damage but get a little extra health, try Myth or Fire! Even Balance would be worth a try!

Champion
Mar 28, 2010
You guys are overestimating how much 4.5k health is at max lvl. Any critical shadow enhanced spell will kill or nearly kill a storm, they need much higher health in order to survive the pvp meta. It's one of the main reasons why storm is struggling in max lvl 1v1, ice in comparison has 2700 health more than storm equaling out to 7700 health. Their offense doreent make up for the lack of defense either, they have to hit a lot to kill a higher health school.

Lvl 110
Lvl 78
Lvl 25

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
Adam Wintersinger on Apr 6, 2016 wrote:
You guys are overestimating how much 4.5k health is at max lvl. Any critical shadow enhanced spell will kill or nearly kill a storm, they need much higher health in order to survive the pvp meta. It's one of the main reasons why storm is struggling in max lvl 1v1, ice in comparison has 2700 health more than storm equaling out to 7700 health. Their offense doreent make up for the lack of defense either, they have to hit a lot to kill a higher health school.

Lvl 110
Lvl 78
Lvl 25
Adam, I'm not over estimating anything. I play, on a regular basis, a level 110 storm. I hit 110 before I finished polaris. And from personal experience, while the health seems low, the amount of power storm can pack into a punch in a very few rounds is incredible.

That's what's called game balance.

Storm can increase it's health, and boost it's resistance, making it a lot harder to kill, but storm's basic health isn't going to change.

I find that most people that play storm have one thing in common - they look for damage on their gear instead of health and resist.

Storm does a lot of damage without the boost on the gear. Much better for a storm to look for gear that has high health and good resist.

And especially important if they're going to PVP.

Survivor
Oct 06, 2011
Hi; I'm new here to the boards but I have a level 110 storm and a level 59 storm. My level 59 has over 2400 health because I took the time to craft the winter tusk gear. Storm is a powerhouse which is what I like about it, I just make sure to have a healing pet and a friendly life on the team.