Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Abandoning Quests

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 11, 2015
G'day.

I am getting very irritated now about the amount of useless quests I have in my log that I thought I would've completed, but never did.

I think there should be an option to abandon (side) quests in our quest log as sometimes you have 20 pages filled with quests that you really don't need, or want, to do.

Some of the quests out there are so BORING, you really do not have the time, or will, to complete them.

Many other MMORPG's, e.g. WoW, have this option and many players praise it. Once you abandon a quest, you are allowed to go back to whoever set it and start it again from the beginning.

Please introduce this into the game as I think many people will love the idea.

Thanks

Defender
Jun 06, 2009
I've pitched this idea a few years ago and I got turned down but hey I'm happy I did because I recently did the quests in my log and found this one from 2009 that had a really cool storyline. Just power through the ones you don't like and it will be over before you know it

Explorer
Feb 19, 2011
Survivor
Jul 11, 2015
The Wyrm on Mar 30, 2016 wrote:
I've pitched this idea a few years ago and I got turned down but hey I'm happy I did because I recently did the quests in my log and found this one from 2009 that had a really cool storyline. Just power through the ones you don't like and it will be over before you know it
I will admit that some side quests are fun to do, but some can be extremely tedious and you never end up completing them.

I think if we had this option to abandon quests, this problem would not happen.

Survivor
Oct 28, 2011
This idea is great. I want to abandon my side quests now because I have about 8 pages of sidequests.

Delver
Jan 17, 2013
Just do them.

It's honestly not that hard. I'm working on completing every side quest on my storm wizard, and I only have the Polaris ones left. The side quests do not take a long time at all to finish, especially if you're a high level wizard who's going back to low level worlds.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
I agree that it usually isn't "difficult" to complete side quests it's just annoying to have to do so. I think this would be a cool feature for some. It does give you the opportunity to view old worlds with a bit of nostalgia though.

On a related note, I purposely try and not accept side quests any more on some of my younger characters if I have no intention of doing them. It's just annoying sometimes when the main story line has you talk to a character and they try and thrust that side quest upon you. It's like NO! I don't want to help you make soup! I'm trying to get to Polaris! Haha.

Defender
Apr 07, 2011
I think this is a fine idea but maybe just not with all story line quests.