Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Fake rank. I will tell you all about them

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 07, 2010
Hello everyone. As you may know, the 4th spot on the leaderboard is taken by level one death, Quinn Ghost. With 600 wins and 5000 rank he would most likely be facing level 40s maybe above. Guess what I saw today? I saw this level one in a ranked 2v2 with level 110 commander, Olivia Pants. They were in a 2v2 together against 2 privates. I got there just in time to see the puppet team, who had just ranked up because the other team did not have cards in. Your level one CHAMPION is a fake! Please stop them. I hate people like this. (Olivia pants is a level 110 fire with energy gear, obviously does not plan to win legit.)

Survivor
Jun 05, 2011
In order to fix boosting, you shouldn't be able to join the queue with someone that is less than 20 levels than you. If Kingsisle could do this, then it would resolve boosting. Since we are dealing with a company that supports players cheating for rank, which is not allowed in any other game, they will not listen to us, and use some common sense to rank reset the obvious booster that ruin the leaderboards.

Explorer
Feb 19, 2011
Survivor
Nov 02, 2014
Boosting is sadly a common occurrence in the current Wizard101 PvP system.

Defender
Jun 12, 2009
The Boosters do 3v3 or 4v4 against people the same level as them and always get teamed up against themselves since nobody does 3v3 or 4v4

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
Ethan LegendBlade on May 12, 2016 wrote:
The Boosters do 3v3 or 4v4 against people the same level as them and always get teamed up against themselves since nobody does 3v3 or 4v4
true let more easy to get warlord but harder rank boost in 1v1 or 2v2 but do agree they are cheating wouldn't matter always hackers mostly every games? people want to cheat then just ignore them and let them get way with it because they get into trouble by there self because they be already caught on video!

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2010
Ethan LegendBlade on May 12, 2016 wrote:
This.

The first real rank is on the second or third page, at this point.

Defender
Jun 12, 2009
JustinFrostHunter on May 13, 2016 wrote:
true let more easy to get warlord but harder rank boost in 1v1 or 2v2 but do agree they are cheating wouldn't matter always hackers mostly every games? people want to cheat then just ignore them and let them get way with it because they get into trouble by there self because they be already caught on video!
They aren't really breaking any rules according to Greyrose (who unfortunately isn't part of the team anymore). Though most people who are avid pvper's frown upon boosting because it shows that you lack skill and must use an exploit to become a high pvp rank.

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
Ethan LegendBlade on May 13, 2016 wrote:
They aren't really breaking any rules according to Greyrose (who unfortunately isn't part of the team anymore). Though most people who are avid pvper's frown upon boosting because it shows that you lack skill and must use an exploit to become a high pvp rank.
or people just to greedy let others people win!

mostly all mine issus of winning people was to hard to win so, annoying school mostly storm! so, issus winning waiting for next level for new spell because to hard to win because storm causing issus always so, rude to ice about everything!

I am glad made immunity in wizard101 with op spell op stat just annoying in wizard101 mostly storm! mostly hate people spam dispel mostly part of the game! wish Kingsisle Make More Immunity into the game others then immunity resist!

immunity always works :) immunity anything that you want :)

I have rival storm so, many time so, mean to mine ice keep on defeat ice wizard constantly and I finally got payback and I defeat her when was at stronger level then, she got mad because remove her convert/block her spell storm shield and had storm immunity on!

also get bad juju treasure card drop from a plants which call: saw palmetto

Survivor
Feb 18, 2011
AngelBlade69 on Mar 27, 2016 wrote:
In order to fix boosting, you shouldn't be able to join the queue with someone that is less than 20 levels than you. If Kingsisle could do this, then it would resolve boosting. Since we are dealing with a company that supports players cheating for rank, which is not allowed in any other game, they will not listen to us, and use some common sense to rank reset the obvious booster that ruin the leaderboards.
As I read this post it brought back memories of a fairly recent complaint that I filed... You said in your post, "Since we are dealing with a company that supports players cheating for rank, which is not allowed in any other game, they will not listen to us".

I filed a general complaint, stating that another player had informed me that he plants another one of his accounts in the audience of his Wizard playing in the PVP battle so that he is able to see the spells that are selected before they are actually cast, this way he is able to counter the spell thus resulting in an unfair advantage... This would not be accepted by society as a fair gaming practice.

Can anyone tell me if this is acceptable? or would this fall into King Isles repeated notations of diligence in their attempts to make sure that no players have an unfair advantage and that no player is exploiting the game to gain advantage over another resulting in a negative impact on the game as a whole....

I hope someone can answer my question, or tell me what is in the works to prevent this unfair advantage from occurring, it seems to be rampant, and I feel so discouraged and intimidated by it each time I play PVP I am considering giving it up all together including the halt of buying anything else on Wizard pertaining to PVP any longer...

Survivor
Feb 18, 2011
JustinFrostHunter on May 15, 2016 wrote:
or people just to greedy let others people win!

mostly all mine issus of winning people was to hard to win so, annoying school mostly storm! so, issus winning waiting for next level for new spell because to hard to win because storm causing issus always so, rude to ice about everything!

I am glad made immunity in wizard101 with op spell op stat just annoying in wizard101 mostly storm! mostly hate people spam dispel mostly part of the game! wish Kingsisle Make More Immunity into the game others then immunity resist!

immunity always works :) immunity anything that you want :)

I have rival storm so, many time so, mean to mine ice keep on defeat ice wizard constantly and I finally got payback and I defeat her when was at stronger level then, she got mad because remove her convert/block her spell storm shield and had storm immunity on!

also get bad juju treasure card drop from a plants which call: saw palmetto
Wow sorry didn't understand what your trying to write or get across, accept that you hate storm...

Survivor
Feb 18, 2011
Natalie Goldbrigt on Jun 4, 2016 wrote:
As I read this post it brought back memories of a fairly recent complaint that I filed... You said in your post, "Since we are dealing with a company that supports players cheating for rank, which is not allowed in any other game, they will not listen to us".

I filed a general complaint, stating that another player had informed me that he plants another one of his accounts in the audience of his Wizard playing in the PVP battle so that he is able to see the spells that are selected before they are actually cast, this way he is able to counter the spell thus resulting in an unfair advantage... This would not be accepted by society as a fair gaming practice.

Can anyone tell me if this is acceptable? or would this fall into King Isles repeated notations of diligence in their attempts to make sure that no players have an unfair advantage and that no player is exploiting the game to gain advantage over another resulting in a negative impact on the game as a whole....

I hope someone can answer my question, or tell me what is in the works to prevent this unfair advantage from occurring, it seems to be rampant, and I feel so discouraged and intimidated by it each time I play PVP I am considering giving it up all together including the halt of buying anything else on Wizard pertaining to PVP any longer...
Dear Lydia,

I wish we could get an answer on this previous posting, as I know many whom have either quit PVP or are thinking of quitting all together, myself, my pets and all the Mega Snack Packs I buy are directly related to having a good healing pet for PVP, if it is acceptable for people to exploit the system in this manner, then all my attempts to be successful are in vein, and I would be crazy to continue any effort at advancing...

I hope we can hear from you...

Notation: there is more then one post dealing with these types of issues, there are quite a few threads venting about it, an answer would be helpful.

Natalie Goldbright

Survivor
Dec 21, 2013
Let them do it guys, they are wasting money buying more memberships. Who cares? I mean I see boosters in the Arena everyday, I don't care. Although it does hurt the PvP community, which makes me concerned a lot.