Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Life School! Need Opinion/Help

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 13, 2015
My main school is life, and I'm having a hard time choosing a secondary. Right now I have myth, but I"m feeling like its not good. I was suggesting going to go ice to tower, and death to feint, thought I wouldn't have any level 42 attacks from other schools. If anyone can help just reply on this.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
Caleb TrollWhisper on Mar 25, 2016 wrote:
My main school is life, and I'm having a hard time choosing a secondary. Right now I have myth, but I"m feeling like its not good. I was suggesting going to go ice to tower, and death to feint, thought I wouldn't have any level 42 attacks from other schools. If anyone can help just reply on this.
My first wizard, now Prodigious, is a Lifer and being new to the game at the time I really didn't know what I was doing and I chose Fire as a secondary... and trained it through Helephant. Honestly, it's years later now and I can count on one hand the number of times I've used any Fire attack spells other than Fire Elf. (it does come in handy against Tower spamming Ice foes) I never did the Ice to Tower, Death to Feint thing. If I had it to do all over I'd probably still go the Fire route up to Fire Elf but except for Spirit Blades and some school specific Shields I'd save the rest of my points for the Sun and Star schools and maybe some Dispels. Unless you get a Mastery amulet, anything you train off-school is going to render your power pips useless and you'll get very little benefit from off-school damage spells unless you find combo gear that affords bonuses to that off-school. When you do this you generally end up sacrificing boosts to your own school so the benefits to this strategy are minimal.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Life doesn't really need a secondary school. But, I do understand, since it's a pain until you get your Forst Lord at L58.

If you HAVE to choose a secondary school, I would choose Myth and use the 4-pip Froggy (but only if you have a Myth Amulet). Life/Myth combo is a good one, and they can use the same Spirit blade and trap.

No matter what school you choose as a secondary, you won't be able to hit as hard as you would like, since Life is your main school, and that's where the concentration for damage boost should be.

Train Ice to Tower, Death to Feint. Train Stun Block at Diego in Unicorn Way, Reshuffle in Colossus Blvd.

Survivor
Jun 26, 2011
Don't waste your points on useless 42 attack spells power pips only affect your school

Defender
Apr 06, 2013
I know this reply is a bit late, but I have ice as my secondary school and I'm doing ok in the game, because most monsters are death and so it boosts, so really you don't need feint. The tower shield is really helpful, take the chance while you can.

Alejandro

Delver
Dec 15, 2009
I am a level 90 Life wizard, so I have more than two secondary schools. When I started with Life, I was really frustrated that you get your first AoE spell at level 58, that's either at the beginning of Celestia or the end of dragonspyre.

If you are below level 58: I used all my training points on myth. I chose myth because of two main reasons; 1. Humongofrog is a great AoE for low levels and 2. Spirit Blade has Life and Myth in it. I would use your training points up to Humongofrog. When I got to level 58 where you get your own AoE, I sold back all my myth cards for training points. Please continue below.

If you are above level 58: Get Forest Lord and continue below.

If you are above level 58 and have Forest Lord: After I sold them, I used them to get feint, immediately. You will not ever get passed Zafaria without feint. I also chose to use my other training points to get Tower Shield from the life school. And if possible, get the sun school spells are star school spells in Celestia, Zafaria, etc. Colossal is a great sun spell. I use Forest Lord more than any other spell, and I am level 90.

Also, I bought an Amulet from the bazaar that gave me a life blade that adds 45% so I can have up to 4 blades going off at once. Hopefully this helps :)

Explorer
Feb 19, 2011
Trevor GoldenHaven lvl-100
Trevor AshHaven lvl-42
Trevor ThunderHaven lvl-10 pvp rating-1264
Trevor FrostHaven lvl-5 pvp rating- 1465

Survivor
Dec 13, 2015
Dear fellow wizards,

I would like to thank all of your for your input! To MalvinHawkRider: I agree with you that it is really frustrating that you don't get a AoE spell until level 58, as of right now I am only level 47 in Dragonspyre. I was going to train into Myth school to get Earthquake because of the passive you could say (removes all blades and traps), and also
because I'm trying to PvP and earthquake is a great card for PvP. Thank you for your input!

To Reyes107: Currently right now I have Ice school spells trained up to tower shield. Thank you for reminding me that it is so great!

To Adam Storm: I didn't waste any points on level 42 spells, and I'm doing pretty smooth! Thank you!

To BrynnerOfReign: You basically read my mind, I trained ice to tower, death to feint, the balance spell reshuffle, yet I haven't trained stun block yet because I am almost done with Dragonspyre, and I need to save the pips for the Astral Spells.

To Tuscan Wizard: I agree that if you train off-school it is going to render your pips. I actually had a fire mastery amulet for that meteor shower spells, though I found it useless since I could have the fire blade on the spirit blade, also I could enchant it with Gargantuan.

Thanks again wizard! - Caleb