Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

PVP

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 10, 2013
There's more than enough things in Wizard 101 that require crowns that makes sense. But for one thing that doesn't it PVP. Like in most MMOs, PVP doesn't cost a cent, and it certainly doesn't take up nearly 1000 of in-game money.

Here are my suggestions:

1. Lower PVP to 200 crowns
2. Make the first 5 PVP rounds free and then make players pay 200 crowns
3. Throw the crowns out and make them pay 900 gold

What do you guys think?

Defender
Nov 14, 2015
MaiMaii on Mar 17, 2016 wrote:
There's more than enough things in Wizard 101 that require crowns that makes sense. But for one thing that doesn't it PVP. Like in most MMOs, PVP doesn't cost a cent, and it certainly doesn't take up nearly 1000 of in-game money.

Here are my suggestions:

What do you guys think?
no, just deal with the current system, there's never been any problems with it before lol

Defender
Mar 13, 2014
MaiMaii on Mar 17, 2016 wrote:

Here are my suggestions:

What do you guys think?
The first two sounds like pretty good ideas! The gold I think wouldn't work out in the end because 900 gold is not worth 200 crowns. I do agree though that some people can't afford to spend a bunch of money on virtual games, so that would be smart!
- Gabrielle Silversword 93

Survivor
Jul 14, 2010
PVP is free. Ranked PVP is not. You can pvp to your hearts content as long as it is not ranked. No big deal. If it really matters to you to gain arena tickets then best to just pay the crowns or spend the ten dollars a month and pvp all you want.

On a side note though, I would like to see the option to unlocked ranked pvp for a set amount of time for a certain amount of crowns. Not just pay by the match. In general though, paying ten bucks to unlock the game for a month is a win win for everyone. You support the game developers and you are free to explore and quest anywhere you like.

Survivor
Mar 10, 2013
Lizziebell03 on Mar 18, 2016 wrote:
The first two sounds like pretty good ideas! The gold I think wouldn't work out in the end because 900 gold is not worth 200 crowns. I do agree though that some people can't afford to spend a bunch of money on virtual games, so that would be smart!
- Gabrielle Silversword 93
yes, but as i have said if you take the crowns out and just make gold, it won't be that much of a deal. there's many things that don't need crowns, like opening a gosh darn trunk/chest and the like. and it's insanly common for MMOs to make PVP automatically free.

moreover, i have another idea. this membership idea of taking 40% off prices isn't that much of a thing. if they want to promote that they will need to make everything free for members. if it is, mostly anyone will want to be a member. but it just doesn't make sense to be a member and STILL have to pay something.

as for the gold idea, if you run out of gold for a PVP and you have crowns, just buy them from the store. that's another option and it can keep the crowns industry alive.