Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Skeleton Key Bosses

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Three new skeleton key bosses have been added for those Wizards in search of a new challenge. Bring a Wooden Skeleton Key and visit the Krokotopia Library to face off against the Rank 4 boss, Ra. A Stone Skeleton Key can be used to unlock a battle against the Rank 13 boss, Ixcax Cursedwing within Azteca’s Black Sun Pyramid. Those in search of the highest level of challenge should bring a Gold Skeleton Key to River of Frozen Tears in Polaris to take on the rank 17 boss, Omen Stribog.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Jun 19, 2011
Some items I've gotten from the Ra Skeleton Key Boss so far- a new storm krokomummy pet and level 20 gear (robe and wand) from the Pharaoh's Hoard Pack.

Squire
Jun 13, 2011
KingsIsle, I've faced them all today, and they are amazing! Thanks again for adding more new Skeleton Key bosses! Though, I was thinking we'd had more than three this time. No matter. Maybe next time, we could have more than three new Skeleton Key bosses.

I do have this request to make of you, though. Please add more new badges for defeating each & every Skeleton Key boss, including the new SK bosses, Ra, Ixcax Cursedwing, & Omen Stribog. I really enjoyed battling them, but they all need badges.

Professor Greyrose, if you could pass this request on to the team, please at least add more badges to all Skeleton Key bosses before this update goes Live! That's what made them interestingly enjoyable, other than their own unique loot rewards.

Survivor
Sep 23, 2011
Professor Greyrose on Mar 16, 2016 wrote:
Three new skeleton key bosses have been added for those Wizards in search of a new challenge. Bring a Wooden Skeleton Key and visit the Krokotopia Library to face off against the Rank 4 boss, Ra. A Stone Skeleton Key can be used to unlock a battle against the Rank 13 boss, Ixcax Cursedwing within Azteca’s Black Sun Pyramid. Those in search of the highest level of challenge should bring a Gold Skeleton Key to River of Frozen Tears in Polaris to take on the rank 17 boss, Omen Stribog.
So I guess the complainers again have won. Why not just get rid of the balance school if your going to treat us unfairly? Unless There are new spell surprises for balance then I don't see the point anymore. You release a pack that does nothing for balance then you release key bosses with zero spells for balance then before that you give us pets while giving others spells and never upping balance damage while upping others. These are low level spells but still. I know you have to help lower level wizards and try and balance things out but the skeleton key boss for balance should have been at least level 40 and unless the higher boss drops random for all schools drops this will be yet something else that would make balance people quit and go do something else. Please change some of this and wizard level 20 should be focused on doing missions or pvp to get to level 40 before anything else. Was really hoping for a sandstorm into something like a double hit something low like a sandstorm and manaburn. Or like a sandstorm into a savagepaw with a 35 blade and a -25 accuracy. The hit might be low to compensate like 350 hit. Please for future updates don't treat balance wizards like the outcast or for just pvp. I know those who fuss loud aka storm and fire are a concern But that didn't stop storm from getting a heal and accuracy boost 2 of 3 of their weaknesses gone and if you want to add jewels to help boost health as the third. Where is the love for the other schools.Fire has really been getting some of the better spells lately damage wise. Myth needs some love as well. Seems like only storm fire and death.

Explorer
Sep 26, 2012
more key bosses, yay!
you should add some quests sometime to point to them (and some new badges on the way, eh, eh), this way, players won't miss them (many still don't know about the ones in Mooshu, Avalon or Sunken City, some didn't even noticed Aphrodite)
badges for key drops would be fun too (Master of Keys, Warlock, etc, lol) as we drop a lot of keys now around the Spiral

one real concern though :
I tried the new Gold key boss in Polaris and dropped a Life Mastery amulet, "No Trade"...
on my Life wizard!

will we have to wait a year or so, like with Darkmoor gear, to see that "No Trade" removed or is it just a mistake?

Squire
Jun 13, 2011
Corwin F on Mar 18, 2016 wrote:
more key bosses, yay!
you should add some quests sometime to point to them (and some new badges on the way, eh, eh), this way, players won't miss them (many still don't know about the ones in Mooshu, Avalon or Sunken City, some didn't even noticed Aphrodite)
badges for key drops would be fun too (Master of Keys, Warlock, etc, lol) as we drop a lot of keys now around the Spiral

one real concern though :
I tried the new Gold key boss in Polaris and dropped a Life Mastery amulet, "No Trade"...
on my Life wizard!

will we have to wait a year or so, like with Darkmoor gear, to see that "No Trade" removed or is it just a mistake?
How about this suggestion instead?

Once the Skeleton Key bosses are defeated for the first time, their portraits will appear on the zones' maps, so they will know where they are.

Survivor
Jan 09, 2010
Geographer
Nov 22, 2015
Throughout the game, I've had a painstakingly hard time getting any sort of skeleton key. Maybe instead of focusing on adding new skeleton bosses, you should add easier ways to get skeleton keys. Daily assignments can reward skeleton keys, and the chance to earn skeleton keys should go up and more bosses should drop skeleton keys. Also, the chance of earning skeleton keys should be really high for a skeleton boss. It just makes sense.

There should also be skeleton bosses for holidays. The Halloween one would obviously have skeleton in it, just for the laughs. You should be able to unlock the doors with any skeleton key, but once the holiday ends, you can't. Either that or there could be a "Holiday Skeleton Key". The Holiday Skeleton Key can be earned in times of no holidays, but you can't use them until a holiday. Holiday skeleton bosses should also have a high drop rate for these like other skeleton key bosses.

Explorer
Sep 26, 2012
Trimond297 on Mar 18, 2016 wrote:
How about this suggestion instead?

Once the Skeleton Key bosses are defeated for the first time, their portraits will appear on the zones' maps, so they will know where they are.
yes, nice idea!

judy4760, here is a list of bosses who drop the keys and other ways to get them (chests, packs...)

Wooden Keys :
http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/House:Wooden_Skeleton_Key

Stone Keys :
http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/House:Stone_Skeleton_Key

Gold Keys :
http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/House:Gold_Skeleton_Key

window.onbeforeunload = function() {}

Defender
Mar 28, 2011
Wood and stone keys are a little hard to come by. The new bosses are great. Even Ra drops amber, wow!

More story about the bosses might be fun, and I agree that they should be on the map.

Survivor
Nov 16, 2015
Fable Finder on Mar 19, 2016 wrote:
Throughout the game, I've had a painstakingly hard time getting any sort of skeleton key. Maybe instead of focusing on adding new skeleton bosses, you should add easier ways to get skeleton keys. Daily assignments can reward skeleton keys, and the chance to earn skeleton keys should go up and more bosses should drop skeleton keys. Also, the chance of earning skeleton keys should be really high for a skeleton boss. It just makes sense.

There should also be skeleton bosses for holidays. The Halloween one would obviously have skeleton in it, just for the laughs. You should be able to unlock the doors with any skeleton key, but once the holiday ends, you can't. Either that or there could be a "Holiday Skeleton Key". The Holiday Skeleton Key can be earned in times of no holidays, but you can't use them until a holiday. Holiday skeleton bosses should also have a high drop rate for these like other skeleton key bosses.
Great idea!

Defender
Feb 28, 2013
Fable Finder on Mar 19, 2016 wrote:

Great idea.
Finding a key can be a big challenge as some boss's that are supposed to drop them don't seem to want to.
Maybe all it needs is to increase the drop rate slightly.

Squire
Jun 13, 2011
Thanks, about adding more Skeleton Key bosses! Though, I was kinda expecting more than three. Eh.

Perhaps next time, I would like to see more than three Skeleton Key bosses made & added. I'm OK with that.

That makes about 12 Skeleton Key bosses in total, yes?

Squire
Jun 13, 2011
I do have to say, we should have more Skeleton Key Chest Chambers, 'cause they're the other enjoyable thing to get rewards. I would like to see more, especially Stone Key Chest Chambers.

Maybe have one added in House of Scales, to the left where Apep resides in the Longest Hall? It doesn't take long to make and add more Skeleton Key Chest Chambers, yes?

Delver
Apr 20, 2011
Hi
I've been travelling round Frozen River in Polaris but I cant seem to locate new SK boss. Currently I've climbed the rope but all I can see is the cave of Shattered Skies and I'm not sure if this is he SK home. Can someone steer me in the right direction with just a few general directions?

Delver
Apr 20, 2011
Update!
I found it! I was standing opposite all the time. If I hadn't missed the spinning sigils I would have missed it. I now have my balance, storm and fire wiz outside waiting for a team up.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
KI,

There are so many skeleton key bosses in the game now, that it's hard to remember where they all are, and for new people that might pass the sigils in a quest, wonder what they are, and then try to go back to them - it might be impossible.

There needs to be a list of where all the bosses are, and what key to bring to them. Maybe a new mob some where that you could go ask about skeleton key bosses or something.

And it needs to be in this game, not on the website somewhere or on a fansite.

Defender
Jun 15, 2013
I'm not sure if skeleton bosses are worth the time and effort. I did one in Mooshu, nearly died and for all my work, I only received two items. The whole thing just felt like a huge waste of work.

Survivor
Jan 20, 2013
New worlds are pretty rare these days. And when they come, takes only a few days to complete. Then you wait a long time for the next world. I think having something to do while waiting is a good idea.
I chose to farm reagents for crafting. In the past it takes a few tries to get them. Nowadays, it feels that the drops have been taken from the bosses. It takes about 50 tries to get a wooden skeleton key. This is the path I chose to get amber. Which I have not any drops with 5 wooden skeleton keys use with RA dungeon. Really bored right now. I feel my subscription is useless. I can use the money for some other game.