Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Deathmetal Skull wand from new pack

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 16, 2015
Hi all. I got a really nice wand from the new roadwarrior pack (think I remembered the name of pack correctly) called Deathmetal Skull which includes a maycast metalclops spell. Was wondering if anyone has seen it go off yet and if so if they know any triggers for it. I've casted just about everything I can several times and haven't seen it go off yet, so wondering if it's a bug that I need to contact KI about or if I just haven't found the right trigger yet, or if possibly it's just completely random and apparently has a low chance of activating. Any insight or help from anyone would be appreciated. Thanks.

Survivor
May 16, 2015
ok, finally started going off. Like I expected its wand hits that triggers it, but unlike the Seal Team Demolition Hammer maycast, it doesn't necessarily go off when you wand hit, only sometimes. Not sure what the percentage for it to go off is. I had used the wand hit many times before my initial post and it never went off, so maybe there was a bug and they fixed it, but now it goes off at least some of the time when I wand hit. Had it go off five times in a row on wand hits at one point which was nice, since normally it seems to go off less than a third of the time. Hope that info helps anyone else who may have been wondering about it.

Delver
Feb 01, 2010
The only thing that triggers it is the wand attack itself.

Squire
Jan 21, 2010
It may cast instead of one of the wands default wand blasts. It won't trigger off of spells from your spell book, pet, or other equipment.

Historian
Aug 10, 2009
DeathMasque on Mar 12, 2016 wrote:
Hi all. I got a really nice wand from the new roadwarrior pack (think I remembered the name of pack correctly) called Deathmetal Skull which includes a maycast metalclops spell. Was wondering if anyone has seen it go off yet and if so if they know any triggers for it. I've casted just about everything I can several times and haven't seen it go off yet, so wondering if it's a bug that I need to contact KI about or if I just haven't found the right trigger yet, or if possibly it's just completely random and apparently has a low chance of activating. Any insight or help from anyone would be appreciated. Thanks.
I have found with wand 'may cast' spells, they really only go off when you cast the other spells that are on the wand. Hope this helps.

Defender
Oct 24, 2012
Hi DeathMasque! I have the same wand and From what i've experienced, it usually only goes off with the wand spells themselves! more so with the fire ones, in my experience. But yes, It is completely random.
Hope I helped.
~Wolf Blood~
~89~
~The Jade Prince~

Delver
Oct 18, 2009
I tested it out and the trigger seems to be random, it triggered once after a wand spell and once after casting a blade

Survivor
May 16, 2015
Discord Spiders on Mar 14, 2016 wrote:
I tested it out and the trigger seems to be random, it triggered once after a wand spell and once after casting a blade
Thanks everyone for the replies, I appreciate it :)

Interesting, Discord Spiders, that yours went off after casting a blade. I've only seen mine go off with wand hits thus far. My Deathmetal Skull is level 90+ and contains no blade spell or cast. Wondering if your wand happens to be a higher level version that contains a blade spell, or if you cast a blade from your regular spell book that happened to trigger the maycast?

Thanks again everyone :)