Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New quest mechanic: Timed Quests!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 04, 2009
Hello, and before reading this, I want to thank you for taking your time to read my idea.

This is a good idea most questing games have: Timed quests! Usually these quests are given and give higher rewards, but are timed and must be completed before the timer runs out. This would be an awesome game mechanic in Wizard101!

These timed quests could be stuff such as defeating side bosses, defeating minions (those enemies in dungeons or areas that are there just to pull you, and aren't even mentioned in main or side quests whatsoever), crafting a certain item or housing item, casting a spell a certain amount of times, harvesting a certain plant, collecting a certain amount of gold, the possibilities are endless!

Good rewards for these quests could be: A small amount of crowns (5-10), experience (amount depends on difficulty), gold (also depends on difficulty), rare pets (rareness depends on difficulty), rare gear (depends on difficulty) , mounts (1-7 day, very rare chance for permanent), rare treasure cards (rank depends on difficulty), training points (most likely only 1), pet snacks (rank depends on difficulty), rare reagents (depends on difficulty), potions (refill purple ones), elixirs (crowns shop ones), spells (new ones created and only obtainable through timed quests, can be stuff like higher sun enchants, better polymorphs, better auras, 4 pip 1 shadow school specific spell, better shadow, better minion), emotes (rare emotes anyone can obtain but only through timed quests).

These timed quests would be obtained from Penny Dreadful (considering she gives a quest to defeat one of multiple enemies, which is the idea of timed quests), and would be level specific. This is just an idea, but I would love to see it implemented. I am working on a look for the quest menu, and I hope Kingsisle will consider my idea.

Thanks for reading,
-JayperCentral (jayper5000)

level 110 - Ryan ThunderCaster
level 81 - Courtney WildFlower
level 57 - Mark Shadow Strider
level 47 - Wolf BattleSpear
level 31 - Tyler Earth Sword
(open character slot)