Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Commander Gear Doppelgangers?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 02, 2009
I've been getting into PVP on my Ice recently, solely for the cute Commander's robe that I'd be able to get if I hit Commander and got the 1000 arena tickets needed. However, I realize that at higher levels, this is almost an impossible feat. It is highly time consuming and very stressful, especially for newer players who want the robe for its stats and older players who want it for the look.

Now, I'm certain this topic has been brought up before about either making the gear easier to get or just taking it out completely, but I've had something else bothering me for the longest time regarding this gear.

Every single outfit in the game has a doppelganger (a lookalike). Even the Commander's Robe for boys has one from the Epic Bundle gift card. Why isn't it the same for girls? Why is it that the males are able to get the most coveted gear in game without all of that hard work and dedication, and girls still have to get their butts into the arena and fight? (Before you say it, no, the Archangel Attire and Guardian's Attire are NOT doppelgangers.) I feel like KI needs to do the same for girls as they've pretty much given the boys a free shot at the coveted gear that so many of us are still fighting so hard for.

What are your guys' opinions on the matter?

Survivor
Feb 19, 2013
They could, but to make it more fair, they would put it into a bundle knowing Kingsisle. Also, it would look like the commander's robe for females, and knight's robe for males.

Defender
Jun 12, 2009
You should learn on how to PVP it's not that hard a level 50 ice can get to warlord very easily

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
misty0987676 on Mar 3, 2016 wrote:
I've been getting into PVP on my Ice recently, solely for the cute Commander's robe that I'd be able to get if I hit Commander and got the 1000 arena tickets needed. However, I realize that at higher levels, this is almost an impossible feat. It is highly time consuming and very stressful, especially for newer players who want the robe for its stats and older players who want it for the look.

Now, I'm certain this topic has been brought up before about either making the gear easier to get or just taking it out completely, but I've had something else bothering me for the longest time regarding this gear.

Every single outfit in the game has a doppelganger (a lookalike). Even the Commander's Robe for boys has one from the Epic Bundle gift card. Why isn't it the same for girls? Why is it that the males are able to get the most coveted gear in game without all of that hard work and dedication, and girls still have to get their butts into the arena and fight? (Before you say it, no, the Archangel Attire and Guardian's Attire are NOT doppelgangers.) I feel like KI needs to do the same for girls as they've pretty much given the boys a free shot at the coveted gear that so many of us are still fighting so hard for.

What are your guys' opinions on the matter?
i agree~ the guardian/archangel robes look nothing like the commander robe. so glad that i'm not the only person who sees this!

i started pvp only for the robe, and i made it to knight before the rank reset; i really hate the arena and would love to quit already (haven't been back at all since the new age started, as mid-level pvp is still incredibly broken). it would be great if there were 2 versions of the robe: one that's cosmetic only, and one that's for pvp. it's that simple.

-von

Explorer
Feb 19, 2011
I agree, its kind of silly not to have a girl "look-a-like" outfit. I think they should just make the epic bundle girl's version look the like the commander gear

Survivor
Aug 17, 2012
You could also consider it unfair that girl wizards have more clothing options than boy wizards do, but okay.