Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

System for changing classes

AuthorMessage
Explorer
May 29, 2014
Once you are level 10+ I think we should have a system where you can change your class, Some people like me hate being the class that they chose and regret it. For example, I am a life student level 60 and can't stand it. Everytime in Zafaria, even at the lowest health enemies I die. So maybe if you have 235 crowns or 40,000 gold, you can change it. But you can only buy it with gold once, and the crown cost increases everytime you buy one class change, and then after 2 times you can't change it anymore.What do you guys think?

- UkuleleNinja

Explorer
May 25, 2013
I am sorry if I come off rude, but just no. No no no no no no no no no no no no no.
Switching classes is an idea that would essentially make some schools extinct. Instead of learning how to actually play a school, people would just abuse this idea to get the current best school(s) in the metagame, and keep switching. There would be no adaption to certain strategies, and why would there be? All you would have to do is switch to the schools which currently have well-crafted strategies in their favor compared to other schools, and that would further create an unbalance that would forever destroy certain classes, because nobody would have the patience to find a way to play a school to it's advantages.
I might have just been very confusing, but here is an example: lets say, hypothetically, balance was an amazing school, has every tool available, end-all be-all. Then, everybody else would want to be balance, so they would spend crowns to become balance. Then, when a balance boss with absurd cheats like Belloq 4.0 or something along those lines shows up, everybody would be looking everywhere for a storm or fire or life. Those would be in low quantity since everybody just switched to balance, and all the wizards have to options:
a) spend more crowns to switch to another school, and the process repeats until they can't afford it or run out of switches
b) keep searching for another school, only for half of the people who chose b to die out because they can't spend money yet can't beat the boss for the life of them.

Since you are level 60 and having trouble, I'm going to assume you don't have your waterworks gear. Farm for it, even if it takes forever. That gear has taken me to level 100 as a life soloing everything but Xibalba. If you need help, I and many others on these forums would be glad to help, just ask.

Rant Over-
Nicholas Lifeblade Exalted
Nicholas Stormblade Magus

Mastermind
Mar 01, 2015
Saffron Life on Feb 20, 2016 wrote:
Once you are level 10+ I think we should have a system where you can change your class, Some people like me hate being the class that they chose and regret it. For example, I am a life student level 60 and can't stand it. Everytime in Zafaria, even at the lowest health enemies I die. So maybe if you have 235 crowns or 40,000 gold, you can change it. But you can only buy it with gold once, and the crown cost increases everytime you buy one class change, and then after 2 times you can't change it anymore.What do you guys think?

- UkuleleNinja
You know, this is actually a pretty good idea.But there has to be a catch, because, well, lets be real here, there is always a catch. First of all, this should be for members only, because it will become overwhelming if everyone is going around changing their school. Second of all, this should cost way more crowns or gold. I am thinking of about 3,500 crowns or 70,000 gold. I feel it should cost way more because changing your school is a big thing. Third of all, I think that you should only be able to change to a school in the same group as your school.For example, if you are a wizard, you can change to another spiritual school, aka or . And if you are school, you can change it to a school in the elemental group, aka or . As for school, you should have a choice between 1 school from the spiritual group, , or , and one choice from the elemental group, , or . And also,this should definetly be a one time thing only.

Heather StarSong lvl 50
Jasmine SpellCaster lvl 19

Defender
Nov 25, 2015
I have a wizard that is death and solos ds like nothing even though this is one of the harder worlds.Why change wizards when there is a possibility out there?I had to fight a lot of death bosses and some were hard plus I came with a strategy.If you were to change then the purpose of being a wizard in w101 is defeated and won't give balance.So if you were to face a boss of your school then try and if it doesn't work just bring a friend.

Explorer
May 29, 2014
Rockpapershotgun on Feb 22, 2016 wrote:
I have a wizard that is death and solos ds like nothing even though this is one of the harder worlds.Why change wizards when there is a possibility out there?I had to fight a lot of death bosses and some were hard plus I came with a strategy.If you were to change then the purpose of being a wizard in w101 is defeated and won't give balance.So if you were to face a boss of your school then try and if it doesn't work just bring a friend.
Yes, but some friends get mad you asking for help.

Some people may regret their class ya know.

Champion
Mar 28, 2010
Saffron Life on Feb 20, 2016 wrote:

- UkuleleNinja
40k gold is extremely cheap, I can change any of my wizard's schools for just the price of a pet hatch. Also, if you don't like a school, just start a new wizard, lvl 60 isn't that far in to the game. As well, if you want tips as a legendary wizard, farm waterworks, it gives some decent gear (or a better alternative is to craft). Also, this would create some problems like on my max levels, they have some extremely good gear and if I decide to switch schools, what will happen to that gear? Will it stay as my school gear or convert to the new school gear? Also, you will most likely have no experience as the new school you choose. If I were to change one of my wizards to a storm, I would have no idea what to do because I've never played or maxed storm before and experiencing a school is a very important part of Wizard101.

Lvl 110
Lvl 53
Lvl 25