Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

i may have inadvertently completed polaris.

AuthorMessage
Archon
Feb 07, 2011
... if that's the case, it was really short. did anyone else notice how short it was, compared to other worlds? and, on another note, the arcanum is gorgeous~ nothing makes me happier than a room full of books!

as much as i hate the new crit/block system, i was able to make it work (even with horrible block). and that's fine, since i'll probably spend the rest of my membership either:

1) trolling rasputin;
2) bothering minak until he gives me that adorable mini mammoth, or
3) actually doing something productive on one of my other wizards (shocking, i know).

should be enough to keep me busy until july, lol.

-von
prodigious

Explorer
Dec 12, 2015
Dr Von on Feb 16, 2016 wrote:
... if that's the case, it was really short. did anyone else notice how short it was, compared to other worlds? and, on another note, the arcanum is gorgeous~ nothing makes me happier than a room full of books!

as much as i hate the new crit/block system, i was able to make it work (even with horrible block). and that's fine, since i'll probably spend the rest of my membership either:

1) trolling rasputin;
3) actually doing something productive on one of my other wizards (shocking, i know).

-von
prodigious
1) I was pretty obsessed over getting my deck from Rasputin so technically I trolled him 228 times, yes I counted.

3) I never really do anything productive, I just team up with teams in avalon, azteca, khrysalis, polaris, zafaria, celestia, and darkmoor. I somehow got the team leader badge for my main account.

-Richard SkullDust level 1
Richard FireDust level 1
Richard GoldDust level 1

Yes, I'm actually lying about the levels
above: Richard SkullDust level 110
Richard FireDust level 110
Richard GoldDust level 44

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Richard SkullDust on Feb 16, 2016 wrote:
1) I was pretty obsessed over getting my deck from Rasputin so technically I trolled him 228 times, yes I counted.

3) I never really do anything productive, I just team up with teams in avalon, azteca, khrysalis, polaris, zafaria, celestia, and darkmoor. I somehow got the team leader badge for my main account.

-Richard SkullDust level 1
Richard FireDust level 1
Richard GoldDust level 1

Yes, I'm actually lying about the levels
above: Richard SkullDust level 110
Richard FireDust level 110
Richard GoldDust level 44
1) i got my deck from him (assuming there's only one) and that adorable mountain yeti pet on my first run, so not exactly sure what else i am hoping to achieve... i've heard that he drops a nice amulet, but i'll have to see how it compares to the one i got from morganthe.

2) i don't much do anything productive anymore either. my littlest wizard (fire, level 36) has been there for as long as i can remember~ i was keeping her level low for pvp, although i'm starting to think that it may be pointless (since all i want is that robe), and my myth/ice team is stuck at level 66 (i'm really nervous about questing with them, under the new crit/block system, even in ww or equivalent crafted gear).

3) i don't plan on doing darkmoor ever again, but i'll have to see how my other wizards' crafted gear holds up first.

-von "forever a noob" shadowsong
(they see me noobin', they be hatin')

Laura Shadowsong 110
Valerian Deathwhisper 100
Sestiva Stormblade 100
Tavia Summershield 99
Patrick Dreamstalker 66
Tara Winterbloom 66
Angela Nightflame 36

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
Dr Von on Feb 16, 2016 wrote:

1) trolling rasputin;

-von
prodigious
If you beat rasputin, you finished polaris, and yes. it's way too short.

But that's what happens when the player base demands new content and is unwilling to allow the game designers time enough to create something more complex and longer.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
crystalwizard12345... on Feb 18, 2016 wrote:

But that's what happens when the player base demands new content and is unwilling to allow the game designers time enough to create something more complex and longer.
fair enough, i suppose.

i mean, sure, 2 years with no new content is boring, but i'd never push anyone into releasing an incomplete piece of work (trust me, i'm a writer; i know all about the creative process taking forever, lol).

rushing things is probably also how the crit/block system ended up in the messy, rage-inducing state it's currently in.

-von

Explorer
Sep 27, 2014
Might Polaris have a "Part II"? (I'm not there yet, so I don't know if the storyline would allow for it.)

I mean, according to the developers, there are a number of design innovations on display in Polaris - sliding on ice, for example - that they plan to exploit further. The ice-sliding would be a bit under-used if it only ever appears in what we know of Polaris thus far. I mean, I have no idea what Empyrea might be about, but Mirage doesn't exactly give off a vibe of having slippery surfaces. ;-)

I'm just happy to have finally gotten to Azteca. There aren't many players there - I'm finding it difficult to team up. Maybe the weekend will be better. *shrug*

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
crystalwizard12345... on Feb 18, 2016 wrote:

Polaris was almost 2 years since Khrysalis II. There was plenty of time.

It's not short because the developers didn't have enough time, it was intentional.

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/polaris/greetings-from-the-arcanum-8ad6a41650ad8d810150ce38fb7b3c8d?page=1

Personally I was fine with it being short, but my membership ran out before I could finish it. C'est la vie.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
It was definitely shorter than the previous worlds but it really didn't bother me too much. I had held back my highest level wiz in Khrysalis so as to not waste the opportunity for XP. As it turned out I still maxed out long before completing Polaris. I didn't experience the radical impact on critical/block that a lot of people did. Sure it impacted me but it wasn't a game changer. Some simple modifications to my play style rectified most of the issues and since I never "relied" on critical hits I didn't miss them as much. All in all I thought Polaris was maybe a bit shorter than it could have been but the Monkey Librarian(?) in the Arcanum mentioned in a post that KI was taking a different approach to this world in order to condense the story line while still adding more depth. Some of the "surprises" they threw in were refreshing... third enemies jumping into street fights where there used to be only two... bosses with pets... cats and dogs living together...