Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Can someone explain hybrids to me

AuthorMessage
Defender
Apr 09, 2011
Can someone explain why hybrids are good? so if a fire made a hybrid with ice then it would take the talents from both pets so the fire could get ice talents, why would people want this?

Defender
Dec 31, 2014
Not everyone wants hybrid pets, but some people do just for collection. The main reason people want to hatch pets is to get the talents the want on one pet (like triple damage for their school and double resist). A pet doesn't have to give talents for their own school, ao there could be a Death Leprechaun pet that could give triple damage for ice and double resist.

Defender
Apr 09, 2011
George Washington on Feb 5, 2016 wrote:
Not everyone wants hybrid pets, but some people do just for collection. The main reason people want to hatch pets is to get the talents the want on one pet (like triple damage for their school and double resist). A pet doesn't have to give talents for their own school, ao there could be a Death Leprechaun pet that could give triple damage for ice and double resist.
I mean school hybrids like if you hatch a level 48 pet with another 48 pet you'll get a unique hybrid

Defender
Dec 31, 2014
MightySwashbuckler... on Feb 6, 2016 wrote:
I mean school hybrids like if you hatch a level 48 pet with another 48 pet you'll get a unique hybrid
The same reason people would want regular hybrids, just for collection. Unless they want to get some things on the hybrid's body since they like their appearance or the cards that it gives.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
MightySwashbuckler... on Feb 6, 2016 wrote:
There's a CHANCE you might get a hybrid pet but not all pairings can produce a hybrid. And the ones that can aren't guaranteed. Also, hybrids aren't necessarily limited to school pet hatchings. There are some that are completely random that you wouldn't think would produce a hybrid. And I'm sure there are some that have yet to be discovered.