Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Alright, so ELO/Rating is a little weird to me.

AuthorMessage
Explorer
May 09, 2011
I noticed that no matter what happens, you always get 16 ELO/Rating (I'm going to call it ELO because I like calling it that.). I beat a Captain today, and I lost to two warlords. The warlords got me down 16 both times, and when I beat the captain I got 16. What I was thinking is that since there are a lot of high ELOs going around, there should be a system where if you're the default ELO, or 500, if a Warlord with 950 beats you you only lose 4 ELO, or something like that. Or, in contradiction to that, if you're a 500 and you beat a 950 player you will get something like 20 elo. I don't want this to be too big a change since players can get easily "drained", or lose basically all of their elo and have to climb up fighting 500s. But losing 16 every time you lose and getting 16 every time you win seems a bit off. I was thinking that there could be a system where if you were a lower ELO and you beat a higher ELO then you could get more than just 16. I came up with a system already to save time:

Every 20 rating, elo will differentiate by 1. Here's a chart to show what I mean.

500 beating 500: +12 and -12
520 beating 500: +11 and -11
540 beating 500: +10 and -10
553 beating 512: +10 and -10
980 beating 400: +2 and -2
533 beating 871: +24 and -24
560 beating 680: +18 and -18

The chart will stop after a 680 beats a 500. After that it will continuously go by 2. If you're between two 20 elo segments, it'll rate you down to the lower 20 segment. Same goes if you beat a higher elo than you, except the number rises above 12 instead of below. It will cap at 24 to prevent extreme draining. I have seen this type of ELO system go into effect elsewhere, and I think it would be a good addition here. However, there are the trolls to think about. They would purposely lower their ELO just to drain someone by 24. My idea for these guys would be to ban them from PvP for a certain amount of time. This would stack every obstruction, and eventually, if they did it enough, they'd be permabanned from PvP. Just a few thoughts that I would like to see.

Dakota SunShard, level 27
Quinn GoldenSlinger, level 68