Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Lvls too short

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 27, 2009
With the new world release of Polaris, I think with the next world you should increase the max lvl to 125. You see, khrysalis was so long that if you did it after the max lvl was 100 you would end it at 103-105. And then with Polaris, I started Polaris at 100 and finished it at 110, and I may have even been able to get 2 more lvls up. If you beat khrysalis then Polaris, you would finish at about 115. Plz increase the max lvl with the next world(which I think is empyrea) to 125.
Dustin SkullBlade 110

Survivor
Sep 20, 2014
its either empyrea or mirage the next world i hope they come out same time and max level turns 150 thats means new shadow spells thou so i think one will come out first i agree with what you where saying i started polaris about 104 i was angry about it cause i was all ryd nearly max level at the start of a new world.

thank you

Cody DreagonSpear
level:110

Survivor
Sep 05, 2015
Really not. Starting at the apropriate level you will be 110 at the final dungeon, unless you consider Rasputin a dungeon, without sidequests.

Survivor
Dec 23, 2008
The reason why they made them so short is because because the max level used to be 100. So KI felt bad for the people who were stuck at level 100 for so long and thought that they should reach the max much faster.

Christo GhostStone

Squire
Jul 18, 2009
Christo GhostStone on Apr 13, 2016 wrote:
The reason why they made them so short is because because the max level used to be 100. So KI felt bad for the people who were stuck at level 100 for so long and thought that they should reach the max much faster.

Christo GhostStone
What on earth are you talking about?

KI has been experimenting with world length/difficulty for a while now. They attempted to streamline the story after complaints of other worlds being too long and main storylines being too full of fluff (I suspect KH's length played a significant part in that). In addition, the combat was easier after receiving feedback on the difficulty of previous worlds and KI learned their lesson from the awful defeat and collect quests in ZF, eliminating them almost completely in PL. They've pared down a lot of content in previous worlds and PL was the first time that they tried a short world (in contrast to KH where they tried doing a two-part world).

This post explains why the devs did what they did with PL. You must remember that they are experimenting- it would be rather presumptuous to assume this is just how it's going to be forever; they are not expecting this to be the ultimate method for constructing a world.
https://www.wizard101.com/forum/polaris/greetings-from-the-arcanum-8ad6a41650ad8d810150ce38fb7b3c8d?page=1

Survivor
Dec 23, 2008
Starblood653 on Apr 13, 2016 wrote:
What on earth are you talking about?

KI has been experimenting with world length/difficulty for a while now. They attempted to streamline the story after complaints of other worlds being too long and main storylines being too full of fluff (I suspect KH's length played a significant part in that). In addition, the combat was easier after receiving feedback on the difficulty of previous worlds and KI learned their lesson from the awful defeat and collect quests in ZF, eliminating them almost completely in PL. They've pared down a lot of content in previous worlds and PL was the first time that they tried a short world (in contrast to KH where they tried doing a two-part world).

This post explains why the devs did what they did with PL. You must remember that they are experimenting- it would be rather presumptuous to assume this is just how it's going to be forever; they are not expecting this to be the ultimate method for constructing a world.
https://www.wizard101.com/forum/polaris/greetings-from-the-arcanum-8ad6a41650ad8d810150ce38fb7b3c8d?page=1
This whole thing is opinion based. None of us truly know the reason for it unless you work for KI then you may know. Unless Professor Greyrose writes it herself, it is all based on player's opinion. So i just gave mine i'm sorry that you don't agree with it.

Squire
Jul 18, 2009
Christo GhostStone on Apr 14, 2016 wrote:
This whole thing is opinion based. None of us truly know the reason for it unless you work for KI then you may know. Unless Professor Greyrose writes it herself, it is all based on player's opinion. So i just gave mine i'm sorry that you don't agree with it.
There might be some opinion on small details, but I left that out of my explanation. The link to the post I provided was written by a KI employee and explicitly explains the length of the world without opinion. Please read it.

Survivor
May 22, 2011