Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Housing Item Requests

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 13, 2013
Much like the random items you can pick up id like to have collectible npcs obtained from challenging quest.
like pets and mounts they would walk around your house doing random things depending on what they are and where they are from. i wouldn't expect much of these but it would be cool to have a moving trophy to show off :)

Delver
Oct 18, 2009
Dr Von on Feb 20, 2016 wrote:
not sure if i posted this already; just in case, here is my list again:

1) that drake family banner from the 5 b.o.x.e.s event.

(i have been fan-girl squealing over that since i laid eyes on it, as it would fit perfectly with my ds-themed house... actually, it's more of a shrine to the first arc, but you get the idea)

2) the picture of cyrus as bob ross from the 5 b.o.x.e.s event.

3) a malistaire the undying plushie (i promise to hug it and cuddle it always!)
4) a wishing well~ if you drop gold into it, it will give you a prize.

5) dr. von's amazing arcane photo booth

(what is that, you ask? visit here to see more: https://www.wizard101.com/forum/the-dorms/dr-vons-amazing-arcane-photo-booth--8ad6a41a47aa72460147bd990bfe3a6d)

that's all for now, may add to this later.

-von
I know this post is old but I'm pretty sure the drake family banner has been craftable via the five boxes event for a while now along with the Afro Cyrus portrait. (You may have found this out by now since the boxes even recently passed)

Defender
Apr 14, 2014
Alexan580 on Jan 9, 2016 wrote:
What I've seen in a few houses that I would so like to get my hands on is the Fountain Balance Azteca Block. I've seen other blocks and think they're all cool. I just don't want to have to get the Serpentine Escape to get one. They should be available in the bazaar or the crown shop. And the Sonic Spring. Why is it so hard to get one? It's pointless to offer recipes requiring them, but we never get the Spring or very rarely ever do. Any chance there can be a higher drop rate for those?
You actually get them while doing the five boxes quests.

Survivor
Jan 07, 2012
I'd love to have the spinning, round aztec-thing in the Zocolo.

Survivor
Sep 19, 2010
I would love to see a Darkmoor themed house.

It would be a tall, gothic castle, with bats fluttering around it, much like Castle Darkmoor.

Inside, there would be a creepy organ that if you interact with it, the organ plays a chilling theme.

Survivor
Oct 18, 2014
I really wish that you could buy pvp circles from the crown shop and place them anywhere. that would be awesome.

Survivor
Jan 15, 2012
Ah, I love the greenery that we can use for our houses in the game. I think having a huge tree, similar to Bartleby (but not actually him) to cover a huge portion of the housing would be great.

Defender
Apr 14, 2014
Tyler ThunderCalle... on Mar 24, 2016 wrote:
I really wish that you could buy pvp circles from the crown shop and place them anywhere. that would be awesome.
Come to think of it, the arcane and aztec builder's bundles are the only bundles with houses without dueling circles. (I'm not suggesting this should be resolved)

Survivor
Jan 12, 2010
Thanks for asking!

I would love it if we could change the weather at our home for specific areas, for example I have a bunch of ice statues on grass and I'd like to make it look like they are on snow.
Also, windows that look like you are seeing different areas and worlds in the spiral. I've spent a lot of time making different rooms in my house fit worlds, and windows would make that even cooler.
I've also run out of space in my home for all my furnishings, and I can't make more 'world rooms'. I think that it would be cool if you could expand your home, not with the building pieces but like pre-made 'rooms' to add on without building them yourself. For example you could add floors and towers to your home. You could build down like a dungeon, or just underground rooms. You could add land to the outside so you have more space for planting or the big furnishings. or 'cave rooms' like cave add-on's to your land.
Also, in the earlier worlds it seemed like you got housing items awarded all the time, and now there are a lot less. I don't like to buy housing stuff, I like to earn it.
Well I think that's all!

Delver
Aug 21, 2013
Professor Greyrose on Jan 7, 2016 wrote:
Hello,

In your travels throughout the Spiral, have you ever seen something neat and thought "I want that for my house"?

If so, please post your requests here for items in game that you'd like to see converted to housing items.

When you make your request, please be as specific as possible. Describe the item clearly and include the world and area location where you saw it in game.

It is also very helpful if you take a screenshot of the item and also of where you are standing on the map when you are looking at it. You can send those screenshots attached to an email titled "Housing Item Request" to community@wizard101.com.

While we cannot guarantee your requests will make it in to the game, we will absolutely review each request.

Thanks!
The round table with the rose in the center found in Avalon (both in a dungeon and also in Abbey Road inside the little wood cottage with the different knights around it).

I think that would look wicked cool.

Also, a pet that looks like the tiny bear with the red top/hood that walks around in Northguard and a pet that looks just like Gamma.

Survivor
Jul 17, 2013
I think it would be awesome if we could have some new fishing sayings for the customizable signs for our houses:
1. Season Fish - Yes I know that there is one for Holiday Fish, but Seasonal Fish are different.
2. Dekois & Cudas - Yes there is a sign for Common Fish, but these are just too common. Anyone else agree?

I would love to hear anyone else's thoughts on this. I know I'm not the only one that loves to fish!

- Calamity Skullflame
(Fisher Queen)

Survivor
Jan 28, 2014
not0nline on Feb 19, 2016 wrote:
I would like to see something changed and one thing added:

The housing item Wand Rack: I know we can hang our wands on walls, but that's not always the look we want/are going for. So if it was possible to put 2-3 wands on this that would be amazing (I admit it's for selfish purposes, I'm making a wand house and would love alternative ways of displaying them). It wouldn't have to be like the mannequins, the item count could stay the same. Just an alternative way of showing one of the most important items in the game would be awesome!

The item I would like to see added is an athame display case. Some of the coolest looking items are the different athames and I've always thought it is a shame that the only place to see the artwork for them is in our backpack view.

Thanks!
I second the athame display case, and would also like one for rings and amulets. Some are so pretty I want to show them off! And the only way anyone can see them is in your own backpack or at bazaar.

Lots of people have really went on about the snowglobes, and I just want to add to "think outside the box" and do ones that have bubbles, confetti, holiday things like clovers for St. Patrick's Day or hearts for Valentine's Day, smoke or fog in different colors even, fireworks, etc. You could also perhaps have dragonflies or butterflies or even birds maybe.

We also need more flooring. I'm thinking if you added some colors with some more muted tones, the flooring would work better. And different textures, or prints even.

Oh! And I almost forgot, I've recently been questing in Cloudburst forest in Azteca and it really makes me want giant flowers in vivid colors, as well as the larger-than-life look of the greenery. I would love that flowered bridge too! I have always wanted to buy the botanical gardens but truly, I don't know there's enough variety of plants that I like, i want color! Speaking of, the botanical gardens should be brightened up a bit, some of it looks pretty dismal due to the hue of the colors you chose. Which also brings me to another seconded request, for day/night timers or something we can do at our houses to control lighting and weather. Snow globes is one way but the timer idea is another way.

Someone else said sock monkeys, go with that too, but make them world themed or collectible in some way. I had suggested earlier to do garden gnomes that way too :)

Also agreed on textures for outside the home, sand, gravel, pathways maybe.

As usual, keep up the good work Ms. Greyrose, you are fabulous!
Savannah Star

Survivor
Apr 11, 2016
Professor Greyrose on Jan 7, 2016 wrote:
Hello,

In your travels throughout the Spiral, have you ever seen something neat and thought "I want that for my house"?

If so, please post your requests here for items in game that you'd like to see converted to housing items.

When you make your request, please be as specific as possible. Describe the item clearly and include the world and area location where you saw it in game.

It is also very helpful if you take a screenshot of the item and also of where you are standing on the map when you are looking at it. You can send those screenshots attached to an email titled "Housing Item Request" to community@wizard101.com.

While we cannot guarantee your requests will make it in to the game, we will absolutely review each request.

Thanks!
Personally, I'd like to see more of Wysteria's housing items available! I appreciate the nice, rich, elegant, look to it.

Delver
Oct 18, 2009
While I do enjoy having a vault I have an idea that would make it a little less obtuse when it comes to fitting it in with the look of a house.

Why not have it turn invisible like the pet bread crumbs but still leave the floating icon showing so we can find it when we need to.

Defender
Feb 03, 2012
King Leo 46 on Jan 8, 2016 wrote:
i wish we could put our school trees in our house

i also like to be able to make like islands in the house like when you place it water go around it and a pine tree pops out in a cartoon kinda way but the neat part is you be able to enter it

and i also like to be able to place my spell in the hose but instead of it being unable to use maybe a way to place the spell in the house without being taken out of the deck like a trophy but it still dose the actions of the spell if it was casted if you hit x on the spell but instead it for battle it just be for show

and i like to have the sky of azteca in my house or at lest a choice of what kinda sky we can have in our houses
I like the Idea of school trees in our house AND choosing a sky in our castle!!!

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
Recently, while decorating one of my houses, I thought of a great housing item--A sleeping cat. I would love to see a cat curled on one of my sofas. It would even be better if you could interact with it to where it stood and stretched before laying back down or even just purred.

Yes, I am a cat lover.

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
I'd like a housing view mode that lets you see the exact shapes and sizes of the collision boxes of all the items and structures in a house.

You can often do this in other games' "level editor" modes. Not only do you see exactly how much space an item or sprite takes up, but the entire editor display provides you with a handy grid overlay, usually in units corresponding to the smallest object you can place.

You should also see the facets of items or surfaces that will attach to other items or surfaces. For instance, the lowly maple bookshelf.

You cannot tell by looking at it, that you are not normally allowed to place small items on top of the topmost shelf.

In a proper Housing and Scenario Editor mode, though, you see not only the exact size and centre of rotation of the bookshelf, but also the top most shelf is marked with black and yellow (or some other color) cross hatches, which you learn mean that objects can't be placed on top.

Lastly, the grid system would give the designer a precise measurement of where wizards and pets may walk and not walk, helping them to avoid clutter, accidental obstacles, and wayward pets/mounts. Being able to carefully manage where a wizard may walk and what he or she sees adds a new dimension to housing scenario setting.

It should be easy to use - a single key stroke to toggle the grid guidelines and object volumetric data ON, or OFF. This lets you preview your project while you work.

I realize some veteran glitchmancers here might balk at the idea of "giving away the golden goose" by introducing a precision guide tool. Others I think would welcome it, since it can only help them see relationships that weren't obvious before.

Survivor
Mar 08, 2013
I feel that the school houses in the crown shop should all have fish and a spot to fish in them where you only get fish of that school. This isn't necessarily a decoration suggestion, but I feel it would be a perfect idea.

Survivor
Feb 07, 2013
What if you added things like sitting animations to chairs and sleeping to beds and stuff. It truly is the little things that make a game great you know.

Amber BlueBlood

Delver
Jan 17, 2013
There is this one Aquila tree that I have been wanting to be a housing item for a long while now.

In the Midday Estate castle plot, the tree is right next to the Spiral door. It is also on the very top of the waterfall at the house.

The tree is also in a row of other similar trees on the left of the Spiral door in the Garden of Hesperides.

Survivor
Apr 26, 2010
How about being able to sit down and use the furniture items . The system here is very dated and with all your able to do in the game cmon now this has to be a simple fix.

Delver
Jan 17, 2013
This response isn't about a new item, but it's about an altercation to an existing one.

I use the Grassy Mound item often when constructing stuff, and I used it to build a small floating Aquila town and a large group of islands that I built houses on and connected with bridges on the enormous water mass at the Wysteria Villa. Unfortunately, the Grassy Mound has wooden fences that make the area they're used at unappealing.

I want to build a huge floating landmass of Grassy Mounds, and to use boulders and rocks to make a cliff and watery housing items to make a river. I want to make the area look like a Grizzleheim zone, but the wooden fences on the Grassy Mounds would make it impossible.

My suggestion is if the wooden fence on the Grassy Mound could be removed, so the item is just a small amount of dirt and grass... but without the fence.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Flags (like the Marleybone Flag) for every world and school (including things like gardening and pet training - there's already icons in the game that can be used or updated for this)

Survivor
Jul 27, 2009
Not really a 'specific housing item', how ever it'd be awesome to see more player homes be added to purchase! Like maybe Candy Land or something of the sort..

Defender
Apr 07, 2011
I would just like to ask for more house guests!