Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ideas for the wizards who like to quest solo

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 23, 2010
Some wizards in wizard101 do not like to quest with others but some dungeons require more then one person or else it becomes impossible to complete. My idea is that there should be a system that adjust the difficulty depending on the number of wizards in a dungeon. For example if i were to solo darkmoor then the difficulty would be reduced to give that wizard a fighting chance.Thus for the wizards who like to quest alone don't have to resort to team work.

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
I love and appreciate the idea of scaling dungeons that raise and lower the challenges based on the size of the group. This is because I team with friends and strangers; and I've also soloed the game on some of my wizards too.

Most folks will join a team to get through any one specific boss, dungeon or other in-game challenge.

And for folks who love to team up with other players, the Team-up Tower outside of the bazaar is welcomed and appreciated. However, the simple reality is that sometimes, no matter how easy it is for teams to come together in the most popular dungeons and areas; there just isn't a full or partial team available all the time.

And most players understand when there is a task at hand that requires a full team (i.e. Morganthe, Tower of the Helephant , Rasputin, etc...). But there are also foolhardy and brave adventurers who genuinely want to face challenges alone.

So having scaling challenges make complete sense. This way, you can face most of them alone or on a full team; and everyone has a chance to succeed.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
people have been asking for this for some time, and while I agree it would be a slick function, I believe KI's approach has always been LESS about solo and MORE about community work. Somebody can correct me if Im wrong though. As I recall, the location marking was a hotly debated option internally (or was that supposition from these boards only), and that many thought it was a bad idea and went against the community aspect of the game

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
dayerider on Jan 4, 2016 wrote:
people have been asking for this for some time, and while I agree it would be a slick function, I believe KI's approach has always been LESS about solo and MORE about community work. Somebody can correct me if Im wrong though. As I recall, the location marking was a hotly debated option internally (or was that supposition from these boards only), and that many thought it was a bad idea and went against the community aspect of the game
My family has been playing since beta, and active on multiple forums; and I saw your post, and asked many who also have played the game since beta, and none of us recall any negative feedback about location markers. In fact, it was a general consensus location marking were a very welcome addition to the game; because it allowed rapid return to battle and hard to reach locations. And since location markings were introduced the game hasn't broken the internet; and never will. The best part, those that like them who find them useful will continue to use them; and those who don't wont.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Tylerwildpants on Jan 5, 2016 wrote:
My family has been playing since beta, and active on multiple forums; and I saw your post, and asked many who also have played the game since beta, and none of us recall any negative feedback about location markers. In fact, it was a general consensus location marking were a very welcome addition to the game; because it allowed rapid return to battle and hard to reach locations. And since location markings were introduced the game hasn't broken the internet; and never will. The best part, those that like them who find them useful will continue to use them; and those who don't wont.
yes, the PLAYERS have all loved it. My reply was more geared to the programmers not wanting to include it. Like the development discussions that we're not privy to. I seem to recall someplace on these forums that somebody had commented that maybe Todd Coleman didnt want marking because it took away from the community aspect of the game. Yes, Im going off of hearsay, I get that, but was simply using that (possibly incorrect) info as the basis of my comment.

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
dayerider on Jan 5, 2016 wrote:
yes, the PLAYERS have all loved it. My reply was more geared to the programmers not wanting to include it. Like the development discussions that we're not privy to. I seem to recall someplace on these forums that somebody had commented that maybe Todd Coleman didnt want marking because it took away from the community aspect of the game. Yes, Im going off of hearsay, I get that, but was simply using that (possibly incorrect) info as the basis of my comment.
Ah;Todd Coleman, now I'm caught up and have the proper context.

Isn't it funny how some folks consider what adds and takes away from the community aspect of the game.

I never knew Todd felt like this. And here, I actually feel the markers contribute well to the community aspect of the game, because of how quickly I'm able to return to friends and family in a battle, or rejoin them on their quest.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Tylerwildpants on Jan 7, 2016 wrote:
Ah;Todd Coleman, now I'm caught up and have the proper context.

Isn't it funny how some folks consider what adds and takes away from the community aspect of the game.

I never knew Todd felt like this. And here, I actually feel the markers contribute well to the community aspect of the game, because of how quickly I'm able to return to friends and family in a battle, or rejoin them on their quest.
yeah, it is funny, but then not. I mean, look at PvP as a prime example. People feel A will fix it while others denounce A and swear by B, and so on.

Getting back on topic, I think if people could handle themselves better as soloers, they'd be better on a team for PvE. my thinking is that if YOU can survive by yourself, it's even easier to survive a team, and dont have to fight so hard to keep yourself alive, and can collaborate better

Historian
Jun 19, 2010
dayerider on Jan 7, 2016 wrote:
yeah, it is funny, but then not. I mean, look at PvP as a prime example. People feel A will fix it while others denounce A and swear by B, and so on.

Getting back on topic, I think if people could handle themselves better as soloers, they'd be better on a team for PvE. my thinking is that if YOU can survive by yourself, it's even easier to survive a team, and dont have to fight so hard to keep yourself alive, and can collaborate better
I completely agree with you.

I've seen and teamed with some amazing players; and some not so amazing players. The amazing one made the game and teams more fun, because not only did the team survive and thrive, there was clear communication, every knew their roles as healers, tank, hitters, etc..

...then there were the not so amazing players always finding themselves in trouble or way over their heads, who never gave themselves permission to participate on the teams better, incapable of blading teammates, only able to heal themselves, while always being the first to exclaim "blade me, don't use my traps, let me hit or get the kill shot; me, me, me, blah, blah, blah. And always, the first to complain or flee when things wouldn't go actually their way.

For myself, I'm all about team success, so if by blading you with more pips means you're able to bring additional damage faster than me; lets make it happen. And if I can time placing a trap of feint on what we're fighting just before you hit, heck yes its happening.

Here's to getting to team with more fun, and amazing players, or something better; and never looking back!

Explorer
Jun 07, 2009
I wholeheartedly agree with this idea! As someone who solo'd most of the game, excluding a large portion of Azteca, the occasional boss fight and the occasional questing buddy, as a balance (which is harder than it seems, especially the fact that I was dumb and only got to training feint in Avalon), I'd love to see this implemented. It would make things a lot easier not only for those who want to solo, but for those who don't have access to teams (which was the case for me on numerous occasions).