Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Is balance op for the entire game in pve?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 18, 2013
I just created my first balance wizard, and I noticed it's way more op than any of the other schools I've made. Which are a myth in azteca, life in dragonspyre, storm in mooshu, and death and ice in krokotopia. It may be because I have a pet that gives judgment making it so I can easily one hit anything in wizard city, but with the shields it seems like I can spend the entire battle just shielding then healing any damage done if I need to. Does it get any harder, because if it doesn't once I get saytr to use with my life amulet i'll be unkillable.

Survivor
Aug 13, 2014
In my opinion, no. I've played through the entire game and needed help several times on my balance in Azteca and Avalon. With that being said, balance was also my first school, so I was learning how to wizard101 in general with her. Once you get nested fury though, you're pretty OP.

Kestrel Moon Level 110

Delver
Apr 16, 2014
Balance is OP in my opinion. My favorite shcool.

Scarlet ShadowStone Level 104

Defender
Dec 05, 2013
Balance isn't OP, but its good. Nested fury, now that's OP. Plus, it's the best school

Alexander Dragondreamer 110

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Balance gets worse the higher you level. It gets harder to solo because of all the Balance mobs/bosses, plus you can't wand off weakness, your blades are the worst in the game, it's hard to get accuracy/crit/block. It's like Balance is stuck between fantasy and reality, with nowhere to go. It's sufficiently underwhelming and needs a serious overhaul.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
jwheaton9634 on Jan 2, 2016 wrote:
I just created my first balance wizard, and I noticed it's way more op than any of the other schools I've made. Which are a myth in azteca, life in dragonspyre, storm in mooshu, and death and ice in krokotopia. It may be because I have a pet that gives judgment making it so I can easily one hit anything in wizard city, but with the shields it seems like I can spend the entire battle just shielding then healing any damage done if I need to. Does it get any harder, because if it doesn't once I get saytr to use with my life amulet i'll be unkillable.
Oh, it gets harder and you'll be more killable than you might think! Take a few minutes to read through the forums and make a note of all the posts about Balance. I think you'll find that the vast majority of them are people complaining about how Balance gets the short end of the stick on everything. Blades, shields, attack strength... whatever you can imagine, someone has complained about it. Balance is just like all of the other schools in that it has its advantages and disadvantages. Your biggest challenge is going to be going up against Balance opponents with high resist and the tendency to cast a lot of weaknesses. That Judgment won't do you much good in those situations and wanding off a weakness will burn off your blades as well.