Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Increase drop rates on Darkmoor gear.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 16, 2015
KI please... Please raise the drop rates on Malistare's gear. I have been farming for two months now on my ice for the Malistare gear. So far I have only gotten the boots. I still need the wand, robe, and hat. The drop rates are abysmally low and it's extremely frustrating. If you're going to make us farm this much, then make it to where we can just fight Malistare and not do the other bosses. How are we suppose to progress in terms of power and strength when we can't even get the tools we need to do so? I speak for myself here, but I don't want to spend two months straight farming for a set of gear. I'm not asking for it to be handed to me, because I do like challenges. But I'm asking for these items to be obtained easier. Also for future reference, I have been farming Rattlebones and I haven't gotten any robe from him either.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
The problem is that there are so many more things for Malistair to drop that his top level gear drops much less often than the drop rate for it actually is. And once they added in gems, the drop rate got much worse. I farmed him for several months straight, every single night, and never got boots.

Survivor
Jul 13, 2014
Honestly, I think the best fix for this is to remove the lower tier loot from his drop table. Keep tiers 1 and 2, but remove tier 3. Fortunately, I've been lucky enough to get everything but my robe in 3 runs, but it's still annoying to get the lowest tier gear from Malistaire.

Explorer
Apr 25, 2010
With the new chest added, I would highly recommend using it to get all your Malistaire gear. I was fortunate enough to receive all of my gear from that chest. Either buy crowns and use it or keep farming if you want.

Defender
Feb 13, 2011
I wish the junk gear could be removed.