Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Making the best balance pet

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 14, 2011
So I'm just taking on the task of pet breeding and really don't have any idea what I'm doing even after reading countless stuff on it, so I figured I'd ask here, my goal is to make the ultimate balance pet, sounds amazing right, I'm not sure what talents I should look for or anything of that matter I do have my balance pets from the school which I figure would make good pets to use to breed but I'm not sure. If some one could give maybe an outline or any talents or anything really that'd be great

All help is appreciated,

Jbone

Survivor
Dec 23, 2011
If you don't understand hatching, i've hatched multiple times, so here is some advice.
  1. Make sure the person you hatch with's pet isn't a specific school only(unless it's yours, in this case, balance) or you won't be able to equip the pet. To find out click on the person who you want to hatch with. On the bottom left there should be an arrow that points left. Click on that. Then at the top right, there should be an arrow that points right. Click that until it shows the person's whole body. There should be a pet button(looks like a piggle at the bottom left. Scroll over that. The pet's name is at the very top and below that would be where it would say if it's a specific school. If it doesn't, it's fine either way!
  2. Be certain the pet you hatch with is the one you want. Once you hatch, there is no getting your gold back. You can look up any pet talent any time on the wizard101 wiki to find your perfect pet.
  3. Realms- the best realms in the hatchery are the most popular. You have a greater chance of finding your pet that you want.
  4. If you find your pet- If the other person doesn't wish too hatch, don't bother, you'll only get reported or blocked by them if you continually try and hatch. (Don't worry! There are plenty of that pet out there, just be patient.)
  5. Pet talents- The pet talents the other person's pet has don't always travel to your baby egg. When you train, the chance of certain talents may have been low for the ones they got. Because your pet is descended from the pet with those talents, doesn't affect what your pet will receive.
  6. Gold- Careful! If you use all your gold for that pet, it may take a while to restock that and hatch again. Make sure there isn't any other gold item you were saving up for.

Hope this helps with your troubles! Feel free to ask me for additional questions if needed.

Sarah Strongshield

Survivor
Dec 23, 2011
Here is one of the best balance pets and their talents to invest in:
Pet name: Snake in a Basket
Pet school- Balance
Type- First Generation Pet
Hatch Time- 5 minutes
Hatch cost- 20,040 gold (Total cost to hatch is the sum of both pets' hatch cost)
Talents- I've chosen the best, but the others are accessed from the wizard101 wiki

Vengeance- an extra card in your deck, helps with strong attacks for 4 rounds
Gargantuan- an extra card in your deck; give +225 attack to one spell in your hand
Pip-o-Plenty- +1%-+5% chance of a power pip when your pet is equipped

Add Balance- +1%-+6% balance damage
Unbalancer- +1%-+10% balance resistance
Spritely- Pet may cast spritely( good if you need health in battle)- this occurs randomly
Weakness- Pet may cast weakness( good if an enemy has a strong attack)- this occurs randomly

This is just one of many, but the good pet really depends on your level.

Sarah Strongshield

Survivor
Nov 27, 2009
well ill throw my 2 cents out there,
it really depends on what you want to DO with your pet
note: these are my OPINIONS, not set in stone perfect pets
you could go the "universal ultimate defender" pet
10 proof
5 defy
may cast sprite
may cast fairy
may cast healing current
socket: id look into strength or agility buffs to increase the defense to 11 for 16 total uni resist

otherwise you could look into "ultimate balance kit"
(note im sorry but i dont know these names, i just know they go up a certain percentage)
9% balance damage
6% balance damage
10% proof
may cast balanceblade
may cast (any healing)

Survivor
Aug 11, 2014
I'm making a balance pet too, for pvp. The talents I want are:

Double damage
Double resist
Block

I think anything, that has at least 1 resist talent, and 2 damage talents, is good.

Lvl110
Lvl70- soon to be prodigious

Survivor
Dec 30, 2014
My favorite pet depends on who I am fighting. I like my harpy if I'm fighting an elemental. I am currently hatching her with my pets with healing spells. The attack all spell that comes with her is really great. If I am fighting death/myth/life, I like my soulful knight. I have hatched with this pet a few times and each of my wizards has him. He is really handy to have in a fight. I am also hatching with him trying to get increased resist, damage and healing. But my other favorite is an astral judge - she heals a lot and it's really a time saver to not have to cast healing spells.