Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Quest Arrow Not Turning

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jan 03, 2010
Hi there everybody!
I'm currently questing in Wintertusk right now. I needed some help finding a certain enemy, so I turned on my quest arrow so I could see where to go.
However, it normally turns and twists so you can see which way to go, not just straight.
This time, it had the decreasing/increasing step numbers, but it didn't turn at all so I had to wander aimlessly for quite a few minutes finding something 100 steps away.

Is this a problem for anybody?
Please let me know!

Thank you,
Hannah GoldenRiver
Level 56

Defender
Feb 28, 2013
I had the same problem in quite a few places.
How I finally fixed it was to completely delete the game from my machine and do a re-install.

Survivor
Nov 28, 2015
Did you try using your map? Enemies can show up there in bubbles, and when you hover your mouse over the bubbles, will show their name and location.

Explorer
May 25, 2011
The map may show the character and its position.

Explorer
Sep 22, 2013
Hannah GoldenRiver on Dec 24, 2015 wrote:
Hi there everybody!
I'm currently questing in Wintertusk right now. I needed some help finding a certain enemy, so I turned on my quest arrow so I could see where to go.
However, it normally turns and twists so you can see which way to go, not just straight.
This time, it had the decreasing/increasing step numbers, but it didn't turn at all so I had to wander aimlessly for quite a few minutes finding something 100 steps away.

Please let me know!

Thank you,
Hannah GoldenRiver
Level 56
This error happens to me quite often, actually.
Usually, for me, it happens once a day. If it happens again I'd suggest changing realms or logging off, then back on.
Usually works for me!

Lenora SkullShade110

Delver
Dec 04, 2013
Hannah GoldenRiver on Dec 24, 2015 wrote:
Hi there everybody!

Please let me know!

Thank you,
Hannah GoldenRiver
Level 56
This happens to me at least once a day. I normally just log out and then on again--problem fixed for the time being. Hope this helps. You can also just use your map, but I understand that teh quest arrow is a handy tool. Just reset your char--thats what i do. It works for me; hopefully it will for you too!

~StephanieWildhunter(SH)~