Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Death: Wizard Identity

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 01, 2010
I've played my Death wizard up to 110 and I feel like its lacking a great deal compared to almost every other wizard. Mostly due to it having a lack of any sort of decent role. What exactly is Death suppose to be? They don't really damage, that is what Fire and Storm does. They are not exactly a pet class even though we have a few they mostly are sort of bad. We can somewhat fill in the role as a debuff class spamming weakness's on everything but I've found very little need for that in the game as its designed. Currently the best thing Death has is feint and thats available to everyone. I know it would be absurd to ask for feint to be a death only spell at this time because now the entire game has been balanced around everyone having feints.

The problem is really compounded with how long lulu takes to cast, again a somewhat decent spell but everyone refuses to even let me cast it so the only time it sees play time is when i'm alone. I try to cast it in a group and they either flee or get upset at me. So I guess what I'm asking for here is a basic re-evalution of death and its place in Wizard101 and redesign it to be more useful and something people want inside their group instead of always brushing death to the side and telling them not to cast their only decent AoE spell.

Explorer
Jan 30, 2009
death is the spirit tank class. it uses damage to heal thus countering damage received. it is also the only tank class that if done right can out agro storm blade for blade. in fact a 3 blade call of khrulhu will generally hold agro over a 4 blade glow-bugs.

my suggestion would be to get a damage/critical armament for death and the morganthe amulet and one dual blade death gem.

fill deck with 9 death blades, 3 sharpen, 2 call of khrulhu, 1 scarecrow, and one dr von monster, and 4 colossal enchants.

this will allow you to do 3 perfect bladed attacks of 4 blades each learn, learn sharpen, pet sharpen, gear blade
and 4 near perfect situational attacks:

learn, learn sharpen, pet sharpen
gear blade, learn, learn sharpen
pet sharpen, gear blade, learn
learn sharpen, pet sharpen, gear blade
plus a final gear blade for last attack.

this set up gives you steady healing, good damage, high agro.

as to not liking a cast, that probably situational, and many times can be solved by talking out strategy first for fights like malistaire, Rasputin, ect. check see if you have good damage boost, pierce, critical, ect. i would say talk about strategy before hand, but many of the people who play are children, and have a decided inability to change their strategy over the general accepted strategy maybe while safe and maybe will guarantee a win eventually, overall they tend to be a much slower strategy then other strategies based around buffing a hammer fast which is still for most part a near 100% success rate.

side note: i agree. they should revamp all aoe to apply damage to all enemies at once like cheat mechanics do at Rasputin and malistaire.

Survivor
Aug 04, 2010
I believe what you really want to know is: How do deaths fit in with team battles? But that's the entire point. The death virtue is primarily independence. Death are built to be able to do their own thing. But not even deaths could solo the hardest battles. I think when in a situation where a team is required the best course of action is to just keep doing what you're doing and let everyone else play their part. For example ices aren't much use with a legitimate tanking deck (legion shied, shadow sentinel, taunt, etc.) when they're all by themselves but can do so with a team. Death is the opposite. They function by themselves and just add more power to the team. I hope that's what you wanted answered! Although, I must say, my death is about level 74 at the moment, so I haven't really gotten to a point where I've had to do a big battle with a full team yet but these are just my opinions.

-Jessica Swiftgem, Prodigious Thuamatruge

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
LittleSeanCarter on Dec 24, 2015 wrote:
I've played my Death wizard up to 110 and I feel like its lacking a great deal compared to almost every other wizard. Mostly due to it having a lack of any sort of decent role. What exactly is Death suppose to be? They don't really damage, that is what Fire and Storm does. They are not exactly a pet class even though we have a few they mostly are sort of bad. We can somewhat fill in the role as a debuff class spamming weakness's on everything but I've found very little need for that in the game as its designed. Currently the best thing Death has is feint and thats available to everyone. I know it would be absurd to ask for feint to be a death only spell at this time because now the entire game has been balanced around everyone having feints.

The problem is really compounded with how long lulu takes to cast, again a somewhat decent spell but everyone refuses to even let me cast it so the only time it sees play time is when i'm alone. I try to cast it in a group and they either flee or get upset at me. So I guess what I'm asking for here is a basic re-evalution of death and its place in Wizard101 and redesign it to be more useful and something people want inside their group instead of always brushing death to the side and telling them not to cast their only decent AoE spell.
the reason why you are having an issue with Death, is because, in reality, they're a support school AND a solo school at the same time. They can charge up their teammates with pips, heal their teammates, have 2 traps and 1 blade that are universal, they can weaken their enemy multiple ways, and prevent them from healing. The COMBINATION makes death the BEST team school in the game, IMO, better than balance. Im not knocking balance, but I think death is better as the all around school