Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Rasputin- Unfair?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 28, 2011
I'm going to have to disagree with you. Rasputin in fairly easy and in my opinion one of the easiest bosses out there. The way I defeat him is pretty simple. Your going to wan't a 1.Hitter:Storm/fire 2.Spammer: Any school but not same as hitter. 3. Supporter: Any school but try to get a Death OR a Balance. 4.Healer/tank OR shield guy/Tank: For a healer try to get a Life because they have more variety of heals VS a life mastery. And if you want to go with a shield guy try to go for an ice due to high health and shield variety's EX: Tower shield, legion shield, and volcanic shield. Make sure the hitter is LAST because the supporter is going to last second feint! Okay, in the battle the hitter will use NO pip blades or traps (if he/she gets a noob pip then try to use a 1 pip spell to get rid of it.) once the hitter has full power pips he/she will either super charge (if storm) or backdraft (if fire) by the time the hitter should have loads of blades on and a few traps on Rasputin so now the hitter will save all pips and hit A.S.A.P. On the round the hitter will hit, the support will either feint or tc feint. (try to use potent if its a regular feint.) once the hitter hits Rasputin it should be an easy one shot. Here are some things you will need. 1. Tank must have high resist or full jade. 2. Hitter needs to have at least 90+ damage. 3. The spammer needs at ,east 21+ pierce and should have infallible and some other spells to boost pierce in case minions evolve. 4. If possible check if the shield guy has Rasputins new amulet (Most preferably the tier one version) so they can boost those shields and stack them too. My name is Wolf DragonRider in game and I am a death wiz I hope you enjoy my guide.

Defender
Jul 02, 2009
I have six wizards (all except fire). If pierce gear is required for the end boss and minions, then the gear needs to reflect that. The Rat is unfair especially to groups with menu chat. There should not be a time limit. I say this because Darkmoor has tricks but no time limit. To make all players rely on certain groups is crazy. My myth wizard can't find a successful group and he has a 24 armor pierce. Gemming gear to raise pierce is an option then shattering the pierce to get your critical up again

The point here is what happens when Polaris is not new (like the Shadow Palace is now)? Darkmoor gear is still the best in game. The developers will need to make changes. Everyone needs a fair shot to move on. There needs to be a way to beat him regardless of dispels and strategy. Only my ice and myth to go and then the story moves on. Polaris is easy. The Rat is hard and it need not be. To have to be carried through is insulting. The Rat is not an optional battle and yet it is very specialized.

Survivor
May 09, 2015
Eh, yes and no I guess. Rasputin is a pretty hard battle and I had to try to kill him 2 times before actually defeating him. I suggest you go with as many friends as possible and maker sure that you have life, death/balance, ice and storm/fire/myth wizards. Good luck. I just farm him atm.

Survivor
Nov 27, 2011
Survivor
Nov 24, 2012
I have to say, ' The Rat is a major frustration!'. I have killed him only to have him come back with full health, because a minion remains, been killed because the battle took, too, long and; most frustrating of all - started the battle with what appeared to be a good team - only to have one player leave- insulting everyone else right before he/she left. The later is the worst. The Rat requires team work. No one is going to grandstand this dungeon - and for that, I applaud the effort! I have beaten the rat several times now with friends. We all work as a team to get the job done.

Just sayin....

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
So if I understand correctly... if all of a sudden you can't wade through a fight like a hot knife through butter then the boss is automatically "unfair"? OMG the sky is falling! You mean I actually have to do some planning and work together with my team mates? The horror!! Might as well just pack it in now and go back to playing PC Solitaire.
OK, the time limit thing is frustrating but you know it exists... deal with it.
OK, the minion respawning thing is frustrating but you know it happens... deal with it.
It's not impossible and it's not unfair... it is challenging! Isn't that what the game is all about? We play this game to be stimulated and challenged. It gets the synapses firing. It makes us THINK! If this fight was in Wizard City or Krokotopia or even Avalon then yes, it might be considered unfair. But this is the last fight of the last world (up til' now) of the Spiral. It should be the biggest challenge we've ever had to face!
When you stop to think about it... the wizards in this game are the ones that are unfair. How many bosses knew you were going to surprise them with your own minion? How many of them knew you had a Life Mastery amulet? How many knew you had so many shields. And blades? Or that you could stun them? Or hit them with Bad Juju? Or cause their minions to help us?
Wizards are the real bosses in this game. We have advantages from the very start that many bosses do not. We keep getting stronger. The bosses get stronger as well but after a certain point the advantage creeps further and further into our court. The bosses get cheats and added starting pips but even then they're no match for a well coordinated attack from a group of synchronized wizards.
So take a moment and quietly reflect upon how unfair you've been to bosses from Firecat Alley to the Sky Anchor... and then... get back to layin' some more hurt on the bad guys.

Squire
Jul 18, 2009
TucsonWizard on Feb 2, 2016 wrote:
So if I understand correctly... if all of a sudden you can't wade through a fight like a hot knife through butter then the boss is automatically "unfair"? OMG the sky is falling! You mean I actually have to do some planning and work together with my team mates? The horror!! Might as well just pack it in now and go back to playing PC Solitaire.
OK, the time limit thing is frustrating but you know it exists... deal with it.
OK, the minion respawning thing is frustrating but you know it happens... deal with it.
It's not impossible and it's not unfair... it is challenging! Isn't that what the game is all about? We play this game to be stimulated and challenged. It gets the synapses firing. It makes us THINK! If this fight was in Wizard City or Krokotopia or even Avalon then yes, it might be considered unfair. But this is the last fight of the last world (up til' now) of the Spiral. It should be the biggest challenge we've ever had to face!
When you stop to think about it... the wizards in this game are the ones that are unfair. How many bosses knew you were going to surprise them with your own minion? How many of them knew you had a Life Mastery amulet? How many knew you had so many shields. And blades? Or that you could stun them? Or hit them with Bad Juju? Or cause their minions to help us?
Wizards are the real bosses in this game. We have advantages from the very start that many bosses do not. We keep getting stronger. The bosses get stronger as well but after a certain point the advantage creeps further and further into our court. The bosses get cheats and added starting pips but even then they're no match for a well coordinated attack from a group of synchronized wizards.
So take a moment and quietly reflect upon how unfair you've been to bosses from Firecat Alley to the Sky Anchor... and then... get back to layin' some more hurt on the bad guys.
Word, yo. You said pretty much everything there is to say; it's challenging, not unfair. It's a little concerning to see people crying out "unfair" when we get the new challenge we kept begging KI for.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
Starblood653 on Feb 3, 2016 wrote:
Word, yo. You said pretty much everything there is to say; it's challenging, not unfair. It's a little concerning to see people crying out "unfair" when we get the new challenge we kept begging KI for.
That's the thing... KI can't win. No matter what they do, whatever new feature they add there's always going to be a boatload of people who'll find something wrong with it because it doesn't live up to their expectations. The game can't be all things to all people. Each new boss that comes along is "impossible" or "unfair" because someone can't walk in and own the room. I'll agree, there are instances where once I'm done with a boss I don't ever want to go back... regardless of what might be available as a drop. Some fights aren't fun... maybe that's why they're called FIGHTS. Fight=struggle, battle, something that must be accomplished in order to defeat adversity. But the harder the fight the more satisfying the victory.

Explorer
Sep 22, 2013
It's not that I can't do it. It's just that I think if they made Rasputin have better attacks and more cheats or such rather than having everyone killed on a time limit, the battle would be much better. Or, possibly, if all but one wizard died on the 30th round so it would be frustrating, but you probably wouldn't have to start all over. I just think there are other opportunities that this battle had, but it was just cut short by something that doesn't even really NEED to be there to make a challenging battle.

Explorer
Sep 22, 2013
Starblood653 on Feb 3, 2016 wrote:
And I'm not crying "unfair" because I'm too weak to accomplish the battle. I don't have many friends on wizard101, and when I usually am forced to go to team up, or work with strangers, the battle can be extremely unfair. Especially when people don't cooperate with you. I'm not trying to say the entire battle is unfair, I'm saying that under certain circumstances, the battle would be better without the cheat kill and by just simply raising the bosses stats.

Squire
Jul 18, 2009
Lenora SkullShade on Feb 7, 2016 wrote:
And I'm not crying "unfair" because I'm too weak to accomplish the battle. I don't have many friends on wizard101, and when I usually am forced to go to team up, or work with strangers, the battle can be extremely unfair. Especially when people don't cooperate with you. I'm not trying to say the entire battle is unfair, I'm saying that under certain circumstances, the battle would be better without the cheat kill and by just simply raising the bosses stats.
Whoa there, calm down a second. I never said anything about why you were saying it's unfair- I certainly never said you were too weak either. I think you need to step away from the conversation for a bit.

Explorer
Sep 22, 2013
Starblood653 on Feb 8, 2016 wrote:
Whoa there, calm down a second. I never said anything about why you were saying it's unfair- I certainly never said you were too weak either. I think you need to step away from the conversation for a bit.
I wasn't trying to sound angry, because I'm not.
It's just frustrating when I'm trying to get an opinion out and I get extreme backlash. I didn't mean to say you were calling me weak, but I've seen others on the thread doing so. I had just assumed when you mentioned people crying unfair, you were talking about me, because of the thread title. Sorry for the misunderstanding, I'm just sick of people not realizing my actual point. Maybe I just worded the original message wrong, not really sure. You have no idea how angry I was when I saw that this thread was in "hottest topics", haha.

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
Lenora SkullShade on Feb 7, 2016 wrote:
I don't think anyone meant to imply that you're weak... you're just voicing an opinion that's been common since the release of Polaris. The problem is that by the time most wizards get to this point they're extremely powerful. The method KI chose to "even" the match is to give this boss an extreme kill shot. Think about the uber-bosses in earlier worlds... Malistaire, Luska, Morganthe... the list goes on of the ones that were very difficult at the time even with full teams. I'd wager to say that most maxed-out wizards could go back to those instances and solo them. This is an illustration of how powerful we get. I've said it before and I'll repeat it here... end-game wizards are the real bosses in the game. Put any wizard one-on-one with most any boss and it would be no contest if there were no cheats. Two or three rounds and boom! Even with the improved cooperation among bosses and minions that we see in the later game it's still usually just a matter of time. The ability to cause frustration seems to be the bosses' most effective weapon. They get people to flee. I think to some extent a lot of wizards are unwilling to admit that this last fight is something they could lose. They're so used to slicing through opponents like they're punching bags and when they run up against a true challenge it's a come-to-Bartleby moment.
You are correct... this battle would be better without the cheat-kill but it wouldn't necessarily be as fulfilling, and a hollow victory isn't the way most folks want to end a world.

Explorer
Jul 17, 2012
I have tried dozens of time to defeat the rat. I manage to avoid one kind of his cheats only to be nailed by another kind just when in the next turn I might have been able to defeat him. Making it so he does not have anyone of those cheats and it would be possible to defeat him. It is not fair that he can summon minions to fill three spaces but my wizard can only have one minion at a time from the deck cards. It is unfair that the rat can shift all traps and the other boosts onto a wizard but the wizards do not have even a treasure card that does that. It is not fair that the titan hits with a million hit after a certain amount of time has past. It would be cool if the wizard could get a hit of a million just because time had past. What is it about the passing of time that increases the hit strength for the titan there are no stacking of blades or traps going on. It does not even make sense that the titan have a hit of a couple thousand every few rounds and then all of a sudden its a million without blades or traps or any other obvious source of an increase in strength. Other then the wizard having a pet or a wand that may cast some times the wizard is suck with following the rules. The wizard cannot have a second turn or interrupt the rounds to summon a minion. The player can't even buy a henchman out of turn. It would be cool if the wizard could get some kind of benefit every time the rat did a something like cast a trap. but no the bosses have health higher then any wizard and they take turns when it is not their turn they summon minions more then the wizard is allowed to. They have spells that the wizard can't even get as a treasure card. This inequality is supposed to be fun? It frustrating to have never won out of dozens of tries.

Survivor
Jun 06, 2012
How do you defeat him since fire dispel does not work?

Survivor
Nov 15, 2008
Alyssa Greenglen on Jan 31, 2016 wrote:
I have to say, ' The Rat is a major frustration!'. I have killed him only to have him come back with full health, because a minion remains, been killed because the battle took, too, long and; most frustrating of all - started the battle with what appeared to be a good team - only to have one player leave- insulting everyone else right before he/she left. The later is the worst. The Rat requires team work. No one is going to grandstand this dungeon - and for that, I applaud the effort! I have beaten the rat several times now with friends. We all work as a team to get the job done.

Just sayin....
I have been left by that person and have been that person who leaves. It's honestly because however hard the team tries, they simply can't beat him. It's annoying to have someone ask whether or not they can feint and tell them the same, "You can only feint once or it gets moved to you." And the person who uses a spell which summons a minion when the minion killa can't kill it.

Someone mentioned this earlier but all you need is one buffer, one hitter, any school, and one minion killa. Just kill the minions asap. Without trying much my balance can get 41% pierce. Do Darkmoor like twice and you have 21%. There is even a guide on duelist to farm him in 4 rounds!

One thing which I am sure most people on these forums are saying when they state that The Rat is too hard is that the game is becoming more and more time consuming and difficult, which is fine imo. We are at the level where if you are here, you should be getting that gear. Having a lvl 110 with waterworks is not all that productive!

What I'm trying to say is that the game is getting harder, which is fine, but not so much harder that you can't complete it.

Survivor
Jul 31, 2013
I found him so difficult. However i was having really bad luck when people kept leaving mid fight (usually the spammer) and then unable to finish it.

Survivor
Dec 13, 2009
I find it ridiculous that this level of cheating has been placed in the main storyline, meaning you CANNOT progress in the game (once new content is released) unless you are able to get passed this boss. This is the type of thing that should be in side content. I play the game to relax and have fun, this boss is just stressful and unfun.

I've been avoiding this fight and doing other things, but finally managed to attempt, and miserably fail, at this battle earlier. It was so obnoxious that I honestly don't even care to go back in and try again at the moment. I'll wait until the next world is released and then see if I care enough about continuing the storyline to attempt this again.

The boss resists every school but fire? Really? I know at this point in the game all my wizards should be crazy powerful and have like 50% pierce just by virtue of their existance, but they do not. I have to artifically boost my pierce from nothing using shrike and/or infallible or what have you which takes extra precious rounds.

The boss punishes you for being late to battle. So I can't flee and come back after being obliterated in just about one fell swoop or goodbye all the traps I painstakingly applied. Oh yeah, and I immedatly started off the battle at around half health because he was going first and used his woefully underpowered natural attack dealing a measly couple of thosand points of damage.

Oh and it's also so much fun to get auto pulled into the battle in a random order so that you basically have to have the hammer flee and come back. Ridiculous. What is the point of that aside from causing agravation?

It sounds simple enough. Go in, summon healing miniions, buff, kill. Too bad I can't live long enough to get that off the ground. I just don't have the wherewithal for this fight.

Congrats to those who make it long enough to be killed by his auto 30 round death. lol

Ah well, We'll see what the future brings for the game and if this'll be the end of the line for me.

Delver
Aug 05, 2013
this isn't Unfair this is the only hard boss in Polaris

Survivor
Jun 03, 2013
To be honest this boss is easy if you have a good team. I've been trying to beat this boss's but since I don't have text chat, or any friends who I know from real life who play this game, I can't beat him. And I'm supposed to farm him for his deck and amulet, but for me that's not even possible because I can't even beat him once!

Micheal ShadowHeart | Level 110