Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Death School Overpowered in Dungeons!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 18, 2011
I have recently noticed that the spell Scarecrow (most widely used) is a bit overpowered if you are in a dungeon. If you buff it enough it can heal you for 20+k health AND finish off your enemies. So if you're in a dungeon and you use it you can end up with full health without the need for any potions or wisps (which can be RARE in dungeons). This gives Death a huge advantage when soloing dungeons.

: : Luke Battlesword : Level 71 : :

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
Ok? Are you just stating the obvious, or do you actually have a suggestion to make?

Oh, and every school gets potions to refill their health and mana, so that's not really a huge advantage to Death.

Defender
Oct 22, 2012
Death has always been good a solo school. Part of the reasons to run a death. Lately though that has been neutered by the addition of all the cheats. So what problem or solution do you suggest? If it's removing the heal or lowering the damage they will become just another support school. Also does it really matter to you or anyone else if they don't have to run around looking for wisps? Does it effect other schools? Or is it more a pvp problem in your eyes?

Survivor
Mar 18, 2011
I am simply stating a problem (in my eyes), that is a medium unbalance to the... Well, balance of the game. Yet nothing I can think of can fix it without directly nerfing Death.

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
KingKreeper17 on Dec 11, 2015 wrote:
I am simply stating a problem (in my eyes), that is a medium unbalance to the... Well, balance of the game. Yet nothing I can think of can fix it without directly nerfing Death.
Then maybe you shouldn't. Death is a good solo school, it was designed that way. If you want the same sort of power, just port out of the dungeon and get some health wisps or drink a potion.

Mastermind
Dec 17, 2010
Any school can do a lot of damage if they have enough buffs. The reason the Death School is unique is because it can do drains. Scarecrow only does 400 base damage, which is LESS than Frost Giant. I'm assuming you're a Life wizard based on your avatar, and as much as many of you like to deny it, you DO have healing Spells that you can use if there aren't any whips or potions.

Personally, I think Death is disadvantaged, because almost no one want's a Death wizard on their team. Many of our spells are only useful in PvP, like Doom and Gloom, the various Infection spells, and maybe Bad JuJu.

The only thing wrong with Death is the level 108 spell, which is extremely under powered.

Survivor
Apr 26, 2010
I think storm is overpowered it hits too high in fights (please fix storm so its not a hitting school) I think life is overpowered because how come I cannot use Satyr or Rebirth without a life mastery amulet what kinda sense does that make right? I think myth avoiding shields is overpowered why can't I avoid shields as well?, and how come they get more minions than me?. I think fire is overpowered because it gets alot of DOT spells that do too much damage for it to be fire. I think balance is overpowered because it gets alot of shields, mana burn, ways to weaken you, and it can cast reshuffle easier than me fix this its too overpowered.. I think ice is overpowered because it tanks too much and why is it the only school that can learn tower shield for FREE!.. Dont even get me started on how powerful death is lord no , i think you pretty much covered it .....

It is amazing how no matter what people will complain about something thats been in the game since the game started instead of just playing your own class and not worrying about what death is doing on your life account...

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Death isn't overpowered. Death school is what it is, with it's advantages and disadvantages, just like any other school.