Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Video card problem

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 30, 2013
Greetings! I have been facing a problem with my lap top recently, and it wasn't long until its screen wasn't properly attached from a side and the charger couldn't work due to that. Until I receive a new one, I was willing to use an old lap top to play W101 and P101, but there is one matter with that: the video card. This lap top seems to be too old that it doesn't have a proper video card, which is a requirement for the game to activate correctly. Is there any possible way to overcome this with some type of program until I get a better lap top? Thanks! ( Mainly waiting for a response from KI, as they know best if their game could work in another way, but any advice is appreciated!)

Administrator
Hello,

There's no way for me to say for certain if the game will work on your laptop. It's best to just download the game and give it a try. Good luck!

community@wizard101.com
Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Mindy GoldenHeart on Dec 5, 2015 wrote:
Greetings! I have been facing a problem with my lap top recently, and it wasn't long until its screen wasn't properly attached from a side and the charger couldn't work due to that. Until I receive a new one, I was willing to use an old lap top to play W101 and P101, but there is one matter with that: the video card. This lap top seems to be too old that it doesn't have a proper video card, which is a requirement for the game to activate correctly. Is there any possible way to overcome this with some type of program until I get a better lap top? Thanks! ( Mainly waiting for a response from KI, as they know best if their game could work in another way, but any advice is appreciated!)
You can upgrade your video card much cheaper than buying a new laptop. That might help. It also could be solved by updating the drivers of the old video card. I'd try that first. If you want detailed help, email support ... they can help.

Survivor
Jun 30, 2013
Professor Greyrose on Dec 5, 2015 wrote:
Hello,

There's no way for me to say for certain if the game will work on your laptop. It's best to just download the game and give it a try. Good luck!
Thanks, Prof. Greyrose! I've tried to play it, but it seems like there are no graphics/video when the game plays. I will only have to wait for the new one, then.