Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

More menu chat commands.

AuthorMessage
Explorer
May 30, 2009
I would like to have more menu chat commands please. Like "I ran out of Cards" or "I'm out of mana". I see there is "My mana is low" but not one for when you are out of mana. Just please add more Menu Chat commands. I would to talk to the Menu Chat users more but with lack of commands it is quite a challenge to pull off. :)

Survivor
Mar 06, 2011
Hello,
I agree with this. Not only should there be more things to say in battle, but more housing and gear things to say. As well as more casual conversation. I can sometimes never be able to communicate with someone one menu chat because of such a lack of normal things to say.

-Wolf Ironstone, Exalted

Explorer
May 30, 2009
I agree, please put it in KingsIsle! Just the fact that Menu Chat users have barely anything to say is quite the challenge for us and them. Thanks for replying Wolf. Balance forever!

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
Be careful what you wish for! Are you certain these folks have anything to say that you actually want to hear? For strictly selfish reasons I like it the way it is. To me, there's nothing funnier than to be near the end of a battle and have a menu-chatter say something like "We can do this". Or the bobble-headed, defeated menu-chatter that keeps repeating "I need healing". And then there's the ever popular "No!" after a fizzle.
Seriously though, an expanded menu could really be useful. A big problem with menu-chatters is when they ask for help. I'm a helper so I generally don't mind helping out with quests, but a lot of times "help" means running through an extended event like Winterbane, or the Pagoda and I simply don't want to invest the time. If someone asks for help and I go to port to them and the port destination shown is their home... a big red flag is waved. I'll normally ask "What quest are you working on?". If some lines were added like "Can you help me with Waterworks?" or "Would you like to do the Pagoda?" it would streamline things a lot.

Explorer
May 30, 2009
I just want the main one. "I ran out of Cards!" I just want them to tell me lol.

Explorer
Jun 27, 2014
It would be great if menu chant offered more option for in battle. KI has been nice enough to add more housing chat, but its still lacking on inbattle chatting. Part of the reason not many people are willing to take menu chatters into dungeons is there is no way to explain cheats to them or such.I know it would be impossible to add in every cheat but even having a phrase "you cannot do that this fight" or something. Anything that helps communication and team work will encourage others to be more helpful to those who only menu chat. I would also quite like more options for them in hatchery where they could say things like"I would like a pet with healing" "I would like a pet with damage", "I cannot hatch right now" are just some exapmples. Please KI add more options to help communicate.

Explorer
Dec 25, 2009
Hahahaha! 2v2 with a person without Free Chat

Note: A mute is a person that does not have free or open chat. At least that's what people in game have been using. I am not making fun of people.

Here are some I are absolutely necessary:
  • Attack (just in General, I don't need to direct, JUST HIT ALREADY! Or hit alls, it's really weird to say xxxx use attack on xxxx when you mean Meteor Shower)
  • Cheats (sorry, but with the ridiculous amounts of CHEATING bosses around, give us a couple commands. It's really difficult explaining a boss's cheat to a mute. There is a couple but try explaining The Rat's cheats to a mute.)
  • Sorry (in battle, there is no Sorry in battle chat, I mean really? I can't apologize when I wand a mute's feint? "Sorry, I don't have Text Chat" is the closest thing.)

Also, please restrict taunts. They really aren't that nice in PvP.

Explorer
May 30, 2009
Explorer
May 30, 2009
John Hawkward on Nov 28, 2015 wrote:
Hahahaha! 2v2 with a person without Free Chat

Note: A mute is a person that does not have free or open chat. At least that's what people in game have been using. I am not making fun of people.

Here are some I are absolutely necessary:
  • Attack (just in General, I don't need to direct, JUST HIT ALREADY! Or hit alls, it's really weird to say xxxx use attack on xxxx when you mean Meteor Shower)
  • Cheats (sorry, but with the ridiculous amounts of CHEATING bosses around, give us a couple commands. It's really difficult explaining a boss's cheat to a mute. There is a couple but try explaining The Rat's cheats to a mute.)
  • Sorry (in battle, there is no Sorry in battle chat, I mean really? I can't apologize when I wand a mute's feint? "Sorry, I don't have Text Chat" is the closest thing.)

Also, please restrict taunts. They really aren't that nice in PvP.
I also find it hard to tell the wizards about the "cheating" ways of bosses. I know there may not be a "direct" way of doing that. But John brings up some valid points. Oh, I may not PvP that often but I prefer not to be taunted all the time. I just want to fight players just for the fun of it. If I win, so what? If I lose, so what? I'm not going to be like "Haha! I won" that just seems to be rude.

Anyways, good points John!

Valkoor RavenWielder Prodigious Sorceror
Brian Firehand Legendary Pyromancer