Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

the rat unfair battle

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jan 30, 2009
see Rasputin guide here in Polaris forums for best strategy to beating Rasputin. all you need is any 4 wizards that can work together, with at least 1 of the buffing wizards with 34% or higher pierce to kill adds on third turn.

Survivor
Dec 10, 2009
As others have suggested, fire dispels can be used. Another method is to invest in, the other sun spell. Extraordinary gives 25% accuracy and 15% armor pierce (tc version gives 30% accuracy and 20% pierce). Infallible gives 15% accuracy and 15% pierce (tc version: 20% accuracy and 20% pierce), the pierce can be a minimum of 30% to a maximum of 40%. This is not including any other spells or gear. There are ways of winning. I hope this was helpful.

Survivor
Nov 10, 2013
Well first its going to take team work and a strategy, when my team beat him we used dispels, a healer, a person to blade on every third dispel and powerful hitter and we had him beat in less than ten minutes. GOOD LUCK!

Survivor
Dec 08, 2011
I am pretty bummed about Rasputin. I am an adult player who cannot make it through Rasputin and neither can my family members. I spent some time reading up on it today before I went in with a bunch of strangers, but our team died anyway. Numerous times. And actually, I don't have hours to spend studying just to be able to play a game! I am not an idiot -- it's just that I have too much other studying to do for the real world. And one of my family members has a slight learning disability and will not be able to pass this battle either. So far, he has been able to make it easily through Polaris, but now he is at a dead stop. The learning curve became too steep too suddenly. The sudden change in the game play, and the combination of studying-plus-forced-team-work is beyond a lot of your players' capacities.

Also, even if you have read up on the battle, if there is even one person who hasn't read anything on your team, you die. The team up function is not helping in this case.

I feel sad because our family will not likely make it past this battle, and that means Wizard101 is somewhat over for us and we can't see any new content. The game has been kind of a tradition for us. We've played it for years. but I know I will lose my interest if I cannot progress in this game. I can't help it.

Of course, none of us could do Darkmoor either. But that was okay cuz it was optional. But Rasputin seems to be mandatory. Why make Polaris so freakishly easy and then drop this super hard dungeon in last? And prevent a whole group of your players from going further in the game?

Kingsisle, would you please reconsider? You have a bunch of customers here, ready and willing to give you their money. Please don't turn them away!

Squire
Jul 18, 2009
DaniJH on Jan 11, 2016 wrote:
I am pretty bummed about Rasputin. I am an adult player who cannot make it through Rasputin and neither can my family members. I spent some time reading up on it today before I went in with a bunch of strangers, but our team died anyway. Numerous times. And actually, I don't have hours to spend studying just to be able to play a game! I am not an idiot -- it's just that I have too much other studying to do for the real world. And one of my family members has a slight learning disability and will not be able to pass this battle either. So far, he has been able to make it easily through Polaris, but now he is at a dead stop. The learning curve became too steep too suddenly. The sudden change in the game play, and the combination of studying-plus-forced-team-work is beyond a lot of your players' capacities.

Also, even if you have read up on the battle, if there is even one person who hasn't read anything on your team, you die. The team up function is not helping in this case.

I feel sad because our family will not likely make it past this battle, and that means Wizard101 is somewhat over for us and we can't see any new content. The game has been kind of a tradition for us. We've played it for years. but I know I will lose my interest if I cannot progress in this game. I can't help it.

Of course, none of us could do Darkmoor either. But that was okay cuz it was optional. But Rasputin seems to be mandatory. Why make Polaris so freakishly easy and then drop this super hard dungeon in last? And prevent a whole group of your players from going further in the game?

Kingsisle, would you please reconsider? You have a bunch of customers here, ready and willing to give you their money. Please don't turn them away!
Look up Mercenaries For Hire. There's always another way to do these things, you just have to be willing to take the initiative and do the research.
http://wizard.mercenaries101.com/

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Starblood653 on Jan 11, 2016 wrote:
Look up Mercenaries For Hire. There's always another way to do these things, you just have to be willing to take the initiative and do the research.
http://wizard.mercenaries101.com/
You shouldn't need Mercenaries for Hire. You shouldn't have to do a ton of online research just to pass a dungeon. Because people need/have to do that, indicates that the end-game content has become ridiculously insane for the 'normal' players who wish to play for fun.

I feel for players who will not be able to progress to the next world, just because everything but the kitchen sink has been thrown into the dungeons/bosses now, that make it a mind-numbing, stressful experience. That isn't challenging, that's a slap-in-the-face to millions of players who worked hard for what they have, only to have it all taken away. Is that considered fun? No.

Squire
Jul 18, 2009
BrynnerOfReign on Jan 18, 2016 wrote:
You shouldn't need Mercenaries for Hire. You shouldn't have to do a ton of online research just to pass a dungeon. Because people need/have to do that, indicates that the end-game content has become ridiculously insane for the 'normal' players who wish to play for fun.

I feel for players who will not be able to progress to the next world, just because everything but the kitchen sink has been thrown into the dungeons/bosses now, that make it a mind-numbing, stressful experience. That isn't challenging, that's a slap-in-the-face to millions of players who worked hard for what they have, only to have it all taken away. Is that considered fun? No.
Whoa, something wrong? I never said this was how it's supposed to be, I was just giving the guy a solution. Yikes.

Survivor
Dec 08, 2011
OK - thought I would post an update to my Rasputin dilemma. I had some time today so I decided to give it another go today. I used Team Up and managed to luck out and get 3 awesome players who all knew what they were doing. They were using a different strategy than I had studied, and they were all using Wizard101-speak so I was really lost (I am not a PVP player so I don't know all the lingo of the game.) I was scared to play any move so I passed my turn a lot, and I messed up once pretty bad but they were REALLY nice to me and nobody cared much. I was the only one who died, but I ported back and basically, they beat the Rat while I drifted along with them. (Wizard101 players are some of the NICEST people on earth. Thank-you thank-you thank-you!) Now I just have to figure out a way to get my husband and kid through that dungeon... argh...ha ha

I made it through. But only on luck. And I still feel for the players who have not had their lucky break yet. :( It is so miserable to be on the other side. I almost gave up.

Thanks to the person who suggested Mercenaries for Hire. I didn't have time to use that site but I might send my husband and kid there (they have more time than I do.) And thank-you also, to the person who pointed out that it is kinda strange that we have to use outside resources like that just to play a game. That is a fair statement, I suppose.

I guess the folks at Wizard101 have their reasons for making this dungeon what it was, but I don't really understand the reasons. Might help if someone from there could explain the strategy behind making Polaris so easy and then putting in a very hard mandatory dungeon at the end?

Survivor
Sep 13, 2012
Rat Battle:

From what I read about the balance of the game update. ( Someone should be able to land a critical hit once in a while),
However, Even someone with a 100% Critical Stat and 100% Damage and a 30 % Pierce. Hit gets blocked every time.
Elixirs are no help and the Rats still lives.
KI what is fair about that. Where is the balance in the game that you said changes were to improve that. I was even told by KI that purchasing Elixirs would help.

I honestly don't fill that the Monsters we adjusted. Unless they were increase.
It would appear that for the Rat to block every Critical hit from someone with 100% Critical. The Rats block rate must be higher than 100%.
Oh wait if ours can't be then how are the monsters that high?
All I can say is pure disgust. With allot of crowns wasted.

Survivor
Jan 19, 2011
DaniJH on Jan 11, 2016 wrote:

I agree with this post and similar statements. As a family of several accounts and many wizards, we have tried strategies, spent much money on gear, henchmen, elixirs, treasure cards, etc. We have bought other school mastery amulets to try for more powerful spells on different wizards. We have tried to team up but teams always work out with problems. None of us feel comfortable "hiring" help. We are concerned about getting nervous and looking like we don't know how to play. We have been playing for years. HOWEVER - this is what bothers me most... As we have played over the past four weeks, we suspect that our deck of spells is being manipulated by KI. This is not an accusation but a suspicion after paying close attention during this time. Our spells do not seem at all random. In most battles the spells seem more random. However, when going into a dungeon it seems spells come up in an order that is totally unhelpful. For instance a Life wizard fights a regular fight. Usually a variety of spells come up which include power spells, blades, traps, healing, etc. Upon going into a big boss fight, just health spells come up, unless that is what you need. If you have spells to change your spell from Life to Death, they come up if you are not in a battle against Life enemies. But get into a battle with a Life boss and they just do not come up. We have found, while fighting The Rat, aura spells come up or any spells that you do not need yet. Cards to enhance blades, etc but no blades. I know I am not explaining this clearly and there are those who will try to make me seem unintelligent or like a whiner, but pay attention and see if you don't agree. Perhaps I am wrong and it is just the unlucky of the draw, but if KI is manipulating our cards rather than letting them come up random, that is beyond unfair or "cheating" to make the game a challenge. Cheating is wrong to teach our youth, but taking away our right to have a chance to strategize around the cheats is devastating.

Squire
Jul 18, 2009
LovestheBeach on Feb 3, 2016 wrote:
I agree with this post and similar statements. As a family of several accounts and many wizards, we have tried strategies, spent much money on gear, henchmen, elixirs, treasure cards, etc. We have bought other school mastery amulets to try for more powerful spells on different wizards. We have tried to team up but teams always work out with problems. None of us feel comfortable "hiring" help. We are concerned about getting nervous and looking like we don't know how to play. We have been playing for years. HOWEVER - this is what bothers me most... As we have played over the past four weeks, we suspect that our deck of spells is being manipulated by KI. This is not an accusation but a suspicion after paying close attention during this time. Our spells do not seem at all random. In most battles the spells seem more random. However, when going into a dungeon it seems spells come up in an order that is totally unhelpful. For instance a Life wizard fights a regular fight. Usually a variety of spells come up which include power spells, blades, traps, healing, etc. Upon going into a big boss fight, just health spells come up, unless that is what you need. If you have spells to change your spell from Life to Death, they come up if you are not in a battle against Life enemies. But get into a battle with a Life boss and they just do not come up. We have found, while fighting The Rat, aura spells come up or any spells that you do not need yet. Cards to enhance blades, etc but no blades. I know I am not explaining this clearly and there are those who will try to make me seem unintelligent or like a whiner, but pay attention and see if you don't agree. Perhaps I am wrong and it is just the unlucky of the draw, but if KI is manipulating our cards rather than letting them come up random, that is beyond unfair or "cheating" to make the game a challenge. Cheating is wrong to teach our youth, but taking away our right to have a chance to strategize around the cheats is devastating.
KI does not manipulate your cards. Ever.

Survivor
May 03, 2011
i have a probelm with the rat AFTER WE KILLED HIM HE CAME BACK TO BATTLE which its not suppose to happen AND aslo i been farming for 4 months and havent got MY boots that he drops ty KI

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
With all of these tough battles, there are ways to beat them fairly easily. You just have to think.

I work with a team of two other players and we've successfully gotten our decks and actions put together so that we can take him out in six rounds, every single time.

Three person battle.

Don't whine about the challenge, rise to it.

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
crystalwizard12345... on Feb 8, 2016 wrote:
With all of these tough battles, there are ways to beat them fairly easily. You just have to think.

I work with a team of two other players and we've successfully gotten our decks and actions put together so that we can take him out in six rounds, every single time.

Three person battle.

No.

That's the flaw. This "challenge" has been created with kind of a, "take it, or leave it," throw down. The problem is that it's being taken for granted that the only option is to take it. Well... no. Leave it is also an option.

I don't have to take it. My friends won't care if I walk away. My family won't care if I walk away. In fact, they'll probably be happier if I do.

To you and everybody else here I'm just pixels on a screen. To the people I don't see while I'm playing this game, I'm a human being that they'll be more than happy to see again.

So I guess from a certain point of view, I did rise to this challenge. It pushed me to re-evaluate my priorities in life and I've realized that succeeding in this game should be lower on the list than I've made it.