Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet Card Slots

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
A lot of pets, despite having a card slot, has no card for whatever reason. There all also a bevy of pets that give a card, but seem useless for the pet they represent. Why not just open pets to cards via the primary wizards school?
It just makes far more sense to me to do this. That way every wizard could add a card to the pets card slot that fits their playstyle. If that need/style ever changes, they simply equip a different card to suit their preference. Anyone else have thoughts on this?

Survivor
Sep 26, 2013
Archon
Sep 17, 2012
I don't like it. Pet Cards are mostly unique. Replacing them with a regular TC slot really does nothing for the game. And if the pet's card is useless to you or doesn't fit you, hatch one that is or wait for the next update that allows you to disable Pet and Item Cards from the deck.

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
seethe42 on Oct 29, 2015 wrote:
I don't like it. Pet Cards are mostly unique. Replacing them with a regular TC slot really does nothing for the game. And if the pet's card is useless to you or doesn't fit you, hatch one that is or wait for the next update that allows you to disable Pet and Item Cards from the deck.
It wouldn't replace the existing cards on pets. It would simply allow you to turn it off, and equip another card of your choosing, if you so desired. It also would NOT be a treasure card slot. It would allow you to equip a card from your primary spell deck list only.

Explorer
Jul 20, 2014
This is a brilliant idea. It would afford much more customization to each wizard to suit their specific needs. It would greatly enhance the game, and promote more individuality with the wizards, and their pets. Very impressive, I applaud you.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Intrepidatius on Oct 29, 2015 wrote:
It wouldn't replace the existing cards on pets. It would simply allow you to turn it off, and equip another card of your choosing, if you so desired. It also would NOT be a treasure card slot. It would allow you to equip a card from your primary spell deck list only.
You really need another slot for regular spells? For those situations where 64 cards isn't quite enough but 65 will do? Or is this just a way to carry 11 of one spell instead of 10? I like the option they added to disable them in the test realm, but I don't really see them adding an option to replace them. Seems unnecessary to me.

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
seethe42 on Nov 3, 2015 wrote:
You really need another slot for regular spells? For those situations where 64 cards isn't quite enough but 65 will do? Or is this just a way to carry 11 of one spell instead of 10? I like the option they added to disable them in the test realm, but I don't really see them adding an option to replace them. Seems unnecessary to me.
It is not a must, or a make or break issue like some other posts. It's just a simple suggestion to add a little flavor to pets, and the game.