Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Saddles for Mounts

AuthorMessage
Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
Right now there is a trending topic from the test realm about mounts with statistics. Despite if you like the idea or not, I think there could be a much better way to implement this, if KI goes ahead with it, and that would be mount saddles. A saddle that could be equipped, and swapped to any mount of your choice, that affords the same abilities as the new test mounts. It could be made available in three different ways, so as to make it accessible to all players, ultra-rare boss drop, crafting, or crowns. This (to me at least) seems a much better solution than adding new mounts that will effectively neuter the old mounts, and infuriate the player base who have invested so much time, and money on them.

Survivor
Sep 26, 2013
I like this idea much more than the new stat mounts.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Most people that use it will likely have it because they like the look and feel of it. One mount with +2% Heal isn't going to neuter old mounts. People will still ride what they like. The whole hysteria over a miniscule gain that can only be gotten in a 110 level dungeon is silly.

Explorer
Jan 27, 2013
Intrepidatius on Oct 29, 2015 wrote:
Right now there is a trending topic from the test realm about mounts with statistics. Despite if you like the idea or not, I think there could be a much better way to implement this, if KI goes ahead with it, and that would be mount saddles. A saddle that could be equipped, and swapped to any mount of your choice, that affords the same abilities as the new test mounts. It could be made available in three different ways, so as to make it accessible to all players, ultra-rare boss drop, crafting, or crowns. This (to me at least) seems a much better solution than adding new mounts that will effectively neuter the old mounts, and infuriate the player base who have invested so much time, and money on them.
Personally, I hate the concept of stat mounts altogether. However, if you say that these "saddles", are craftable, then it takes the entire point out of spending money to get them. In my opinion, these stat mounts shouldn't even be allowed. I mean seriously? How would a mount help you in battle? Also, seethe. You could make the same argument on a weak Ashen Axe of Winterbane, which just gives 6 dispels. And then something like the Hammer of The Stone Sky comes along, and blows the axe out the window. Same concept. First, something that gives two percent heal boost is around. Next, will be a mount that will give something devastatingly powerful. Such as crit, or block.

Dakota TitanHeart, Exalted Diviner

Explorer
Jul 20, 2014
I like the idea, and I agree that it's a much better solution than what KI is offering with the stat boost mounts. I also agree with Seethe in that I don't think its a make or break issue. The hardcore players will probably be incensed, but the more casual gamers will probably not care.

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
Merfolura on Oct 29, 2015 wrote:
Personally, I hate the concept of stat mounts altogether. However, if you say that these "saddles", are craftable, then it takes the entire point out of spending money to get them. In my opinion, these stat mounts shouldn't even be allowed. I mean seriously? How would a mount help you in battle? Also, seethe. You could make the same argument on a weak Ashen Axe of Winterbane, which just gives 6 dispels. And then something like the Hammer of The Stone Sky comes along, and blows the axe out the window. Same concept. First, something that gives two percent heal boost is around. Next, will be a mount that will give something devastatingly powerful. Such as crit, or block.

Dakota TitanHeart, Exalted Diviner
I didn't say I was for or against it. I was simply suggesting a better alternative to something KI is considering. Your money assertion isn't true. There are many things in game that can be crafted, gotten from drops, as well as crown purchased. I only suggested this to make it more accessible to all players. Just for the record, I don't like stat-boosting mounts either, but given the choice, I would much rather have the saddle, instead of the mounts.

Squire
Jul 09, 2010
I love the idea of adding stats to a mount with a saddle or other accessory and later they could be further enhanced by adding variable jewels. But ONLY if they were tradeable through the shared bank or inexpensive CROWN items.

The saddles & accessories would address several issues raised here and on other pages and we'd keep using our favorite mounts, too (a big deal to me.)

I hate the suggestion that the addition of Stat Mounts is heading toward hatching and training mounts - like pets.
(As I hate that whole process.)

And I disagree with the people complaining about KI offering us another product with value and the opportunity (not requirement) to pay for the privilege. This is a capitalist system and that's the deal - product & price .
They work, we play, they make money we pay.

I just hope it will be a product I want and is easy for me to afford. So -
  • Crown Item Accessory (not whole mount).
  • Tradeable Item OR inexpensive enough to be happy to have one or a few per character
  • If jewels are added to it later - they are still tradable or the jewel is removable without destroying the jewel.