Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Do I have what it takes to get through Malistaire?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 13, 2009
Hey guys!
So Im a level 44 storm wizard and ive been grinding for zeus gear. I have the robe and boots but im not sure i really want to grind for the hat. I was wondering if you could check out my deck and give some critique. Also I'd love to see what you think of my deck setup.

Katsumori's Deck

Ice Shield x4
Pixie x4
Satyr x2
Seraph x2
Catalan x4
Kraken x4
Storm Trap x4
Storm Blade x6
Supercharge x2
Tempest x6
Triton x3
Elemental Blade x4

Gear:
Electrified Band of Mayhem
Glorious Chivalric Crown (I also Have the the senators hat)
Life Mastery Amulet
Sky Iron Hasta
Vigilant Steel
Zeus's Thunderclap Drape
Zeus's Thunderstomp Boots.

What do you think?
I think i have a really good setup, but i feel like it could be better. The plan is pretty obvious. I have a lot of power pip potential and then i just hit them with a huge tempest. Let me know :)

Tarlac Ravenmask Level 44

Survivor
Aug 21, 2013
Malistaire is pretty easy to go through with a group. You don't need the Glorious Chivalric Crown if you have the senator's hat because the critical doesn't really matter in Dragonspyre. You also sacrifice tons of resist, pip, damage, incoming and outgoing healing and other stats your way. I strongly recommend you level up to level 48-50. Even though you have life mastery don't use seraph. Storm hits are the strongest so it's best to stick to hits of your own school. However,seraph might save your life one day. If you want seraph only put in one. If by ice shield you tower shield then fine. If you mean the -80% ones then that's a bad idea. Put in maximum tower shields at all times. Feint is important if you can train into it. Treasure card feints are good as well as other treasure cards. In my opinion, treasure cards are essential.Put in less Krakens and Catalans because the pip from the senator\Zeus gear combined with the Sky Iron Hasta can give you enough pips to cast Triton second turn. A few more Tritons in your setup would work well. A tip would be to put a greater variety of shields.Tempest is very good on minions\mobs but not bosses. I don't recommend soloing it even with good gear but it is possible.The dungeon only takes 15-20 minutes to complete with friends. The 3 bosses at the beginning you don't have to fight but they give good gear. Elizabeth Stormtail, 62 Fallon Pearlpetal,30

Explorer
Nov 16, 2013
i would put on senators hat but otherwise your good! good luck