Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Myth Due for some new spells

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 12, 2009
As an exalted myth you get laughed at when entering the que. Even when honing my skills as a myth in 1v1 it is so easily combatted against. People put up their stun blocks or convictions and bam half of our spells are now useless. Myth is no doubt a tier 3 school in this meta. Other schools like storm life and fire got new spells that drop from bosses. If myth where to either get a spell that does a little damage and destroys an aura or removes all stun shields it would greatly improve the underpowered school. Pvp has become boring and repetitive after facing the same few tier 1 schools over and over again. I almost never see a death storm or myth in the arena. Here were a few ideas I came up with

1. Ancient awakening-5 pips single hit 420 myth damage and destroy aura

2. Disaster- 75 damage per pip single hit and remove all stun shields

Delver
Jul 15, 2011
I wonder how much damage an exalted myth wizard with some decent gear and a few blades could do with the minotaur spell? It's a really good single target spell that people don't use enough. I only wish the death version was one that could be learned. In a 1vs1 match, I'd use that spell to attack more frequently. It's low pip, decent power and hits twice so it's hard to defend against.

Anyways, every school has its perks and problems. The grass is always greener on the other side.

Defender
Jun 12, 2009
Tatiana Winterhear... on Oct 7, 2015 wrote:
I wonder how much damage an exalted myth wizard with some decent gear and a few blades could do with the minotaur spell? It's a really good single target spell that people don't use enough. I only wish the death version was one that could be learned. In a 1vs1 match, I'd use that spell to attack more frequently. It's low pip, decent power and hits twice so it's hard to defend against.

Anyways, every school has its perks and problems. The grass is always greener on the other side.
It does around 1500 with a 35% myth blade. It costs six pips when you have a full set of power pips. Also always blading leaves you open if you want to hit 1500 with Minotaur. By the time you get enough minotaurs in to kill someone with around 5500 health you are long dead when schools like fire's shadow enhanced spell does ~3500 damage with an infallible or a furnace aura. When they only have to use a spell twice to kill me and with Minotaur costing the same pips and doing less than half the damage I would have to use 5 or 6 minotaurs to kill someone. Your strategy may sound good on paper but it doesn't work so well.

Explorer
Oct 23, 2011
Tatiana Winterhear... on Oct 7, 2015 wrote:

This comment is totally pointless sorry if i sound rude. Spamming minotaur might work at legendary if your goal is only captain but at exalted... not so sure. Minotaur does 600 while FFA does around 1200 and puts 3 traps so why someone would blade up for minotaur, that would be a lose for this person no matter what.

Ever tried to spam minotaur vs a lore spammer? Its one more lose for you no matter what.