Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

:D Questions! :P

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 09, 2011
Hello a new/old player here, i say new/old is because about a year and a half ago i suddenly stopped playing and then i started playing again just today! anyway i spent about an hour or so on the game and then quit because i had something to do and in that time i figured out i don't remember how to play, like i know the basics of spells/traps/charms and heals because i am a lvl 45 life but i cant figure out what card to pick and so on, so i'm starting over and wanted some of your guys opinion on what school i should play and whether or not i should get a secondary like putting points all the way till your finished secondary no i mean the secondary where you go balance to weakness, death to feint, ice to tower shield and so on, i was thinking of going death because i can't go from life to storm because imagine all of the fizzles! and i know people say the fizzles stop if you get certain gear but that's just meh, i want to be able to pick my own gear. anyway sorry for the long read just need some opinions on the schools i want to try (Death :: Balance :: Ice) just put how they are with bosses/solo/team/multiple enemies/or support that's all i hope some of you will answer! :D

Yours truly Valkoor Level 45 - Mastermind :D (i know you guys are saying only lvl 45!? it was my first character ok! also i know a lot of you are like me where you run around for the longest time and end up doing nothing productive. lol any way put those comments or replies whatever you prefer down below \/\/\/ have fun playing!)

Mastermind
Mar 01, 2015
i think any of them would be good during battle

death is a good school for soloing and defeating bosses.Having the ability to take away health from enemies and heal themselves all in one spell, these wizards can be pretty independent.But if it is a really hard boss, any school would probably need some help

ice is also a good school to solo with because they are very good with shields The tower shield and absorb spell in ice are very helpful.Also they do have a couple of traps and blades too. They also have sort of powerful minions.

balance is a very good school to solo and do bosses with beacause it is known for its many, many, many blades. Balance also has the ability to do damage from every school little by little.It also has pretty powerful spells in general too

life is also a very good school because you can heal yourself and any of your friends and that can be very useful.

hope i helped and sorry for the long letter

Heather starsong level 36

Autumn lifeblossom level 14

Jasmine spellcaster level 14

Erica sparkleflame level 5

Mackenzie stormbringer level 5

Survivor
Mar 24, 2012
I would say to try something new that you haven't thought about picking

Like Balance

At first I was going to coose storm or death because of research but I ended up picking Myth!

Benjamin Giantthief Level 65

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Beginners Luck on Sep 19, 2015 wrote:
Hello a new/old player here, i say new/old is because about a year and a half ago i suddenly stopped playing and then i started playing again just today! anyway i spent about an hour or so on the game and then quit because i had something to do and in that time i figured out i don't remember how to play, like i know the basics of spells/traps/charms and heals because i am a lvl 45 life but i cant figure out what card to pick and so on, so i'm starting over and wanted some of your guys opinion on what school i should play and whether or not i should get a secondary like putting points all the way till your finished secondary no i mean the secondary where you go balance to weakness, death to feint, ice to tower shield and so on, i was thinking of going death because i can't go from life to storm because imagine all of the fizzles! and i know people say the fizzles stop if you get certain gear but that's just meh, i want to be able to pick my own gear. anyway sorry for the long read just need some opinions on the schools i want to try (Death :: Balance :: Ice) just put how they are with bosses/solo/team/multiple enemies/or support that's all i hope some of you will answer! :D

Yours truly Valkoor Level 45 - Mastermind :D (i know you guys are saying only lvl 45!? it was my first character ok! also i know a lot of you are like me where you run around for the longest time and end up doing nothing productive. lol any way put those comments or replies whatever you prefer down below \/\/\/ have fun playing!)
welcome back, valkoor :)

i'm von, your friendly half-evil wizardly tour guide~ if you spend any amount of time here, we'll get to know each other soon enough.

balance is tough to play~ back when i was new, my first wizard was balance and i hated it, until she was around level 60 or so. now, though, she's a tough little cookie and my most-played character.

you've already been spoiled by school-exclusive buffs and ways to get rid of shields/weakness, so i wouldn't go with balance (since they don't have an effective way to do either without using off-school spells or until level 92); i love my death wizard, though the mid-levels were challenging for him, due to myth-imp spams in celestia~ you're probably used to having only one aoe, though, so death wouldn't be a huge stretch for you.

honestly, though, i'd go with storm anyway. and here's why:

storm was my last wizard, and i deleted her because i couldn't deal with the fizzles. but i eventually created another one, and she's now my favourite~ she was the third to reach max level, and the first to finish the game. yes, you'll fizzle a lot in the early stages, but perfect accuracy is easily attainable with gear as you level up, and the power of it is so awesome that you'll wonder why you ever played anything else.

-von "100,000 volts of awesomeness straight to the face" shadowsong

exalted
arch
legend
magus

Explorer
Jul 16, 2009
You have all of your training points available?

I've known many Life wizards that have chosen all of the schools as secondaries and have been very successful in playing thru their games. Life/Ice, Life/Myth. Life/Fire, Life/Death, Life/Storm, Life/Balance. All of them work.
Life has a pretty high non-fizzle rate, so, it compensates for Storm's rather high fizzle rate, but, I've played two Life wizards and been very happy having the Balance school up to Weakness trained..
I've often stuck myself within the Spirit Schools with my Life wizards and they did fine-

Later, when one can utilize Sun, Star, Moon, and Shadow Schools, it becomes a little more complicated, but, you really can't go wrong with any of the secondaries, in my opinion. It just matters what kind of a challenging experience you are looking for.
You really want a challenging experience? Life/Storm.
You want a tanking helping experience? Life/Ice.
You want a diversified "helping" experience? Life/Death, or, Life/Balance.
You want to move thru content more quickly? Life/Fire.
You want to have a grouping of minion opportunities? Life/Myth.
I've known folks who never trained anything but the Life school up to their Star, Sun, Moon, Shadow, opportunities and they did fine and well, too.
Do what you feel will work for you, then you'll do fine, too.