Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Mana Burn and Aurapop to op?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 07, 2011
I am a exalted pvper and i decided to go into a 1v1 tournament, i come across this balance and i go second..... i already knew i was gonna lose. He mana burns me first round so i have no pips to attack him. Then i convictioned so he wouldnt get a lucky critical loremaster on me, but nope he aura pops me and he gets a free 1k damage off me only using 2 pips. At this point my hopes are down, its almost impossile to defeat and balance with 6k heath and low pips as a fire + going second. Finally he ends me with lore spam, and at this point i was just frustrated thinking of ways how to beat a balance from second with those type of spells, hopefully i figure out a strategy which can lead me to victory against balances :D.

Explorer
Jul 04, 2015
I'm sure the Balance will be complaining when you go first and one shot him with a FFA crit.

I believe matches should always be a best of three deal, with each side taking turns at first.
The third match first turn goes to the lower ranked player.

Seems a bit fairer that way.

I think I'll copy/paste/post this idea in the dorms too

Squire
May 10, 2013
RyKid3 on Sep 18, 2015 wrote:
I am a exalted pvper and i decided to go into a 1v1 tournament, i come across this balance and i go second..... i already knew i was gonna lose. He mana burns me first round so i have no pips to attack him. Then i convictioned so he wouldnt get a lucky critical loremaster on me, but nope he aura pops me and he gets a free 1k damage off me only using 2 pips. At this point my hopes are down, its almost impossile to defeat and balance with 6k heath and low pips as a fire + going second. Finally he ends me with lore spam, and at this point i was just frustrated thinking of ways how to beat a balance from second with those type of spells, hopefully i figure out a strategy which can lead me to victory against balances :D.
Honestly, all these spells are insanely annoying to begin with. There are ways to deal with it.
Balance dispels, will literally make them waste 5 pips on Mana Burn and 2 Pips on Supernova.
Mantle/Smoke spam, but this isn't always gonna make them fizzle.
Stun - But watch the 5% stun resist jewel come in...

Explorer
Jun 28, 2009
If you go second 2 bal u should all rdy know mana burn is coming or lore since its quite a common first turn move but if u know uts coming then simply use your pips. Aura pop is op but it needs an aura for then 2 use it so u simply just dont need to use an aura because an aura isnt needed to win a bal.