Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

First Turn in PvP

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 07, 2010
In a turn based game a team will always go first. The issue in Wizard101 is that this gives first turn advantage which means they decide the match. They get to use what is impossible for people in second turn get to use and limits the strategy and chance of winning for the second player drastically. Everyone knows this is an issue and their needs to be a permanent improving fix than the typical band aid fix games like this get. The extra pip to the team going second doesn't matter when power pip chance luck can ruin this. I had a few ideas about how to fix this and I would like others to add in their views and suggestions.

1. Change the Turn Based System where one team would get a planning phase, then the other team would after the first team did. You would still have a team going first but you wouldn't have a dispel spam or juju put on you right before you attack ruining your turn,

2. Every turn have the person going first change. So whoever went first the first turn would go second the next, and so on. A variation to this would be have it randomly pick who goes first every turn. This would open up new strategies and not allow people to plan turns ahead so that they could predict what they would need to do and open up more fun and diverse matches instead of the player going first doing the same thing every match they get first.

3. Have certain spells take effect the round AFTER they are placed like dispels and Bad Juju.If the player in the second position went first then the Juju wouldn't have affected them anyway so why make it affect the second person just because the game decided to not give them first? It gives the person in first the same disadvantage as the person going second does, having to predict a turn in advance what the other player will do.

Thank you for reading and I hope that any of this is taken into suggestion since PvP has been like this for a while with no proper fix.