Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

PvP Fixing Stat

AuthorMessage
A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
The most complained about thing in PvP nowadays is the overwhelming amount of armor pierce and how attacks are doing too much damage for its time. On the other side of the PvP spectrum, people are complaining about overwhelming amounts of resist (ward pets, resist rings, and Jade gear seem to be responsible) to specific schools, mainly regarding Balance immunity.

Recently JustinFrostHunter pointed out an ingenious plan that could bring both sides of the PvP spectrum to unity and solve much of the problems in Exalted PvP today, with a little bit of my adjustments. This stat will be called extra armor. What extra armor will do is act as a stat that reduces incoming armor pierce from an opponent, without directly reducing damage. But why do we need this stat?

If KI Increases Resist
Everybody's natural reaction to the very high armor pierce in this meta is to simply increase resist, but how high? The reasonable amount of resist to bring damages to normal levels would be 90% Against 44-52%, this does seems fairly even. But if one attacks into a shield, then the damage of the spell will be equivalent to running a spell into an Efreet's weakness. Alas raising resist will not fix PvP, and we will be stuck with a complete offense based meta until time ends.
But Won't Jade Be Immune?
What KI could do with this stat is only give it to gear that will be released in future updates, and only be given through hats, robes, and boots. This way, no Jade will have access to massive resists with a combination of extra armor. If the hat, robe, and boots were to give resists equal to that of Darkmoor gear but give 20% extra armor total, then resist will eventually matter. Gear that will be more specified around normal amounts of universal resist will give more extra armor, however gear that is based on large amounts of specific school resists will give very little or no extra armor, so resist will eventually become placed in a balanced level with armor pierce, and more diversity with gear could be made between gear with higher resists and lower extra armor or gear with higher extra armor and lower resist, adding a new variety to Wizard101.
Eventually, this stat will be able to balance PvP and is the only solution to the gap between high resist and high armor pierce. Who else agrees with this idea?

Delver
Jul 15, 2011
Stat escalation has destroyed pvp. While I think your solution might work, I think it'd be simpler if Kings Isle instead placed limits on stats. No one should be able to get over 80% on stats like damage, defense, critical, block, and stun block. Armor piercing should be capped at 50%. On top of the caps, wizards should have bonuses according to their primary school. Something like the following:

Storm +10% critical
Fire +10% damage
Ice +10% defense
Myth +5% block +5% defense
Life +5% healing in/out +5% block
Balance +5% damage +5% defense
Death +5% critical +5% damage

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
PvP King on Sep 17, 2015 wrote:
The most complained about thing in PvP nowadays is the overwhelming amount of armor pierce and how attacks are doing too much damage for its time. On the other side of the PvP spectrum, people are complaining about overwhelming amounts of resist (ward pets, resist rings, and Jade gear seem to be responsible) to specific schools, mainly regarding Balance immunity.

Recently JustinFrostHunter pointed out an ingenious plan that could bring both sides of the PvP spectrum to unity and solve much of the problems in Exalted PvP today, with a little bit of my adjustments. This stat will be called extra armor. What extra armor will do is act as a stat that reduces incoming armor pierce from an opponent, without directly reducing damage. But why do we need this stat?

If KI Increases Resist
Everybody's natural reaction to the very high armor pierce in this meta is to simply increase resist, but how high? The reasonable amount of resist to bring damages to normal levels would be 90% Against 44-52%, this does seems fairly even. But if one attacks into a shield, then the damage of the spell will be equivalent to running a spell into an Efreet's weakness. Alas raising resist will not fix PvP, and we will be stuck with a complete offense based meta until time ends.
But Won't Jade Be Immune?
What KI could do with this stat is only give it to gear that will be released in future updates, and only be given through hats, robes, and boots. This way, no Jade will have access to massive resists with a combination of extra armor. If the hat, robe, and boots were to give resists equal to that of Darkmoor gear but give 20% extra armor total, then resist will eventually matter. Gear that will be more specified around normal amounts of universal resist will give more extra armor, however gear that is based on large amounts of specific school resists will give very little or no extra armor, so resist will eventually become placed in a balanced level with armor pierce, and more diversity with gear could be made between gear with higher resists and lower extra armor or gear with higher extra armor and lower resist, adding a new variety to Wizard101.
Eventually, this stat will be able to balance PvP and is the only solution to the gap between high resist and high armor pierce. Who else agrees with this idea?
meant say extra armor (means not resist) extra more (had weight to gear but keeping them same) chance jade gear around (add armor) means talking about to more weight to our school resist armor pierce (so, others school use armor pierce (won't destroy wizard with armor pierce resist? if jade is immune and more protection over armor pierce so, won't able to armor pierce throw it to immunity resist) not jade not immune would be: once jade gear hoard pack get upgrade next upper world! beside

I am ice wizard ( I have immunity to ice) don't even use jade gear when I am using mine ice immune resist gear (only 1 part of jade gear I use for being immune to ice!

Defender
Sep 29, 2008
i feel like piercing should cap at 50 the defenses are fine the way they are at the moment there never is a need to fully pierce 100 percent of a wizard for any reason we got converts and should use them

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Rikudo Sennin on Sep 22, 2015 wrote:
i feel like piercing should cap at 50 the defenses are fine the way they are at the moment there never is a need to fully pierce 100 percent of a wizard for any reason we got converts and should use them
If pierce will cap at 50 then Shrike and other spells such as Infallible will become utterly useless, and then specific school immunity (which far reaches 120% if one entirely aims to resist that school) will be extremely difficult to beat. Many people already do use converts, but many players who do "set" for schools are smart enough to carry enough shields to tank its opposite school; therefore a new defensive stat is needed for mid-defensive gear.