Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

9/11 Ceremony 2015.

AuthorMessage
Hero
May 02, 2009
9/11 Ceremony 2015

If you remember for the past 4 years I've hosted a 9/11 ceremony in honor of all those who lost their lives on that tragic day, and every year it was a big success and got allot of positive feedback as well (thanks to all of you for that by the way, I really appreciate it). Well now it's time for the 2015 9/11 ceremony. To see the past 9/11 ceremonies, just follow the links in their respective years below:

The Premise

The premise of this ceremony is to honor all of those who lost their lives on that fateful day, and to remind everyone that they'll still remain in our hearts for generations to come.

What We'll Do

What we'll do is parade around the entirety of Wizard City on foot, starting from Golem Court, and eventually ending in in my Forested Mansion house, where we'll give speeches and thoughts on the Ceremony and also the actual day/event that occurred all of those years ago as well. We'll be doing this in realm Seraph.

The Path

I'll bet you're all wondering what path we'll take. Well it goes like this: we'll start in Golem Court, since that's near the beginning of the world, and the rest will be as followed:

Golem Court -> The Fairegrounds -> The Commons -> Ravenwood -> Pet Pavillion -> Nightside -> Unicorn Way -> Hedge Maze -> Shopping District -> Olde Town -> Cyclops Lane -> Aquila -> Dark Cave -> Firecat Alley -> Triton Avenue -> Crab Alley -> Deep Warrens -> Wailing Caverns -> Haunted Cave -> Forested Mansion.

The Path For Free-to-Play Players

Golem Court -> The Fairegrounds -> The Commons -> Ravenwood -> Pet Pavillion -> Nightside -> Unicorn Way -> Hedge Maze -> Shopping District -> Olde Town -> Triton Avenue -> Haunted Cave -> Forested Mansion.
Date And Times

Friday, September 11, 2015.

3:30 PM PST
4:30 PM MST
5:30 PM CST
6:30 PM EST

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
It is nice to see a salute to the fallen innocents of that day. I had actually left New York city the day before the strike, and was in Virginia when it happened. I will never forget it.

"A date which will live in infamy". - Franklin D. Roosevelt

Hero
May 02, 2009
Rules
Like all events, this one has rules that you should know/follow.
1. Mounts are forbidden in this event. If you get lost from the group then you can use your mount to catch up to us, but that's the only exception, and you must dismount once you've caught back up to us (don't use this as an excuse to continue using your mount during the event).
2. For outfits I would like for you to dress in all Black or White, at least for the Base. The Trim can be any color you want, though I would prefer if it was a dark or light color like Dark Purple or Grey for example.
3. For pets, I would like it to be something that represents Life and Remembrance like a Seraph, a Pixie Queen or a Myth Sprite for example. Wands and badges follow this same rule (i.e. no Undead-like wands or badges).
4. No cursing or foul language.
5. No rude, mean or any other disrespectful behavior.
6. All Wizard101 Central and Wizard101 rules apply (you may say your Wizard101 Central name in-game though, as I don't see a problem with that).
7. Stay with the group as much as you can.
8. Listen to me and my Helpers.
9. Helpers, don't abuse your position to bully and/or harass other players.
10. Anyone can come to this event, regardless of whether or not they have an account on this site. If they don't have an account here and/or are just unaware of this event here in general, then just make sure that they're aware of the rules ahead of time.
11. If some of us get caught in a battle, then we wait until they're done (this was a problem for the first year, where some of us got caught, and the rest of the group went on, causing confusion).
12. You must have access to most, if not all, of Wizard City, though I would prefer it would be all of Wizard City.
13. For chat, at least have Text Chat, so you can hear what everyone is saying.
14. If you would like to speak, then please say so so that I can add you to the Guest Speakers list. This way it's all organized as to who speaks and who doesn't.
15. Have fun.

Hero
May 02, 2009
Why Am I Hosting This?
The reason I'm hosting this is to not only honor the fallen, but also remind everyone that even though they're gone from this world physically, they shall never be gone spiritually from our hearts and minds.
Extra Notes
Like every year I do not mean any disrespect to anyone by hosting this event. I only mean to honor the fallen and to deliver the message I stated above.
I also will need some volunteers to help me with keeping everything under control; about 4 or so Helpers should be enough for this, so if you're interested in helping me out, either post here or send me a VM or a PM on Wizard101 Central.
For Guest Speakers, they will go up to the podium and say a few words about the date to the crowd. Once they're done, if there's still enough time left (and if people aren't getting too impatient about it as well), then we'll see if non-registered Guest Speakers can come up to the podium and speak. Send me a VM, PM or post here if you're interested in becoming a Guest Speaker for this event.
The reason as to why I am having the end of the event be hosted at my house is so that everything can be controlled better, as over the years of hosting this I've noticed that while hosting this in a public location is nice and all, it's too easy for trolls to come in and just ruin everything. By having this hosted in my very own house, I can help limit that as best I can by ultimately kicking/removing people who try to act up like that.
I know some might think I'm being disrespectful by hosting this kind of event, but I'm honestly not trying to be. I just mean to honor all of those who gave up their lives trying to protect us during that fateful day and to also remind everyone that they'll always be in our hearts and minds forever. Also, if you'd like to take pictures and/or videos of this event, then please feel free to do so as well.
Thank you so much for your time, as I really appreciate it.
Host: flash33
Helpers: @Nara
Guest Speakers:

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
flash33 on Sep 11, 2015 wrote:
9/11 Ceremony 2015

If you remember for the past 4 years I've hosted a 9/11 ceremony in honor of all those who lost their lives on that tragic day, and every year it was a big success and got allot of positive feedback as well (thanks to all of you for that by the way, I really appreciate it). Well now it's time for the 2015 9/11 ceremony. To see the past 9/11 ceremonies, just follow the links in their respective years below:

The Premise

The premise of this ceremony is to honor all of those who lost their lives on that fateful day, and to remind everyone that they'll still remain in our hearts for generations to come.

What We'll Do

What we'll do is parade around the entirety of Wizard City on foot, starting from Golem Court, and eventually ending in in my Forested Mansion house, where we'll give speeches and thoughts on the Ceremony and also the actual day/event that occurred all of those years ago as well. We'll be doing this in realm Seraph.

The Path

I'll bet you're all wondering what path we'll take. Well it goes like this: we'll start in Golem Court, since that's near the beginning of the world, and the rest will be as followed:

Golem Court -> The Fairegrounds -> The Commons -> Ravenwood -> Pet Pavillion -> Nightside -> Unicorn Way -> Hedge Maze -> Shopping District -> Olde Town -> Cyclops Lane -> Aquila -> Dark Cave -> Firecat Alley -> Triton Avenue -> Crab Alley -> Deep Warrens -> Wailing Caverns -> Haunted Cave -> Forested Mansion.

The Path For Free-to-Play Players

Golem Court -> The Fairegrounds -> The Commons -> Ravenwood -> Pet Pavillion -> Nightside -> Unicorn Way -> Hedge Maze -> Shopping District -> Olde Town -> Triton Avenue -> Haunted Cave -> Forested Mansion.
Date And Times

Friday, September 11, 2015.

3:30 PM PST
4:30 PM MST
5:30 PM CST
6:30 PM EST
Thank you Flash33.
The images of that horrible day are still fresh in my mind. Hopefully, observances like this will prompt the younger players in the game to read about what happened. I'd wager to say that some of them don't even know about this attack or why it happened, and that's a shame. We need to never forget ... even though we feel safe and warm we can never rest easy because there will always be those who, for whatever reason, wish us harm.
I will gladly and proudly march with you.

Defender
Dec 15, 2013
Wow. That is very kind of you for doing this. I will definitely be joining you guys. ( i hope if i have enough time.) and parading around.

Survivor
Dec 28, 2014
flash33 on Sep 11, 2015 wrote:
Why Am I Hosting This?
The reason I'm hosting this is to not only honor the fallen, but also remind everyone that even though they're gone from this world physically, they shall never be gone spiritually from our hearts and minds.
Extra Notes
Like every year I do not mean any disrespect to anyone by hosting this event. I only mean to honor the fallen and to deliver the message I stated above.
I also will need some volunteers to help me with keeping everything under control; about 4 or so Helpers should be enough for this, so if you're interested in helping me out, either post here or send me a VM or a PM on Wizard101 Central.
For Guest Speakers, they will go up to the podium and say a few words about the date to the crowd. Once they're done, if there's still enough time left (and if people aren't getting too impatient about it as well), then we'll see if non-registered Guest Speakers can come up to the podium and speak. Send me a VM, PM or post here if you're interested in becoming a Guest Speaker for this event.
The reason as to why I am having the end of the event be hosted at my house is so that everything can be controlled better, as over the years of hosting this I've noticed that while hosting this in a public location is nice and all, it's too easy for trolls to come in and just ruin everything. By having this hosted in my very own house, I can help limit that as best I can by ultimately kicking/removing people who try to act up like that.
I know some might think I'm being disrespectful by hosting this kind of event, but I'm honestly not trying to be. I just mean to honor all of those who gave up their lives trying to protect us during that fateful day and to also remind everyone that they'll always be in our hearts and minds forever. Also, if you'd like to take pictures and/or videos of this event, then please feel free to do so as well.
Thank you so much for your time, as I really appreciate it.
Host: flash33
Helpers: @Nara
Guest Speakers:
What realm is it?

Hero
May 02, 2009
Thank you for everyone who came out to march with me today. Though the turnout was smaller than previous years the fact that allot of people still showed up shows just how many people enjoy this. Thank you all for making this event a good one, and if you play Pirate101 I plan to host another march in that game tomorrow at the same time as tonight.

Thanks again and have a good weekend.

Survivor
Jun 07, 2013
Sorry if this comment seems irrelevant considered this is an old post, but I just want to say this is the most amazing post on this forums. #PrayFor9/11Victims