Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Earthquake

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jan 27, 2013
The Myth Spell Earthquake is kinda OP. I know it doesnt have much damage. However, it should only be able to remove shields. Removing all blades is a storm move. Removing all Shields is a myth move. Earthquake should not be able to do damage, use Shatter, and Enfeeble in the same turn. It should do a decent amount of damage, like 400 base, and only remove all shields.

Explorer
Nov 30, 2012
I can see where you're coming from, but Storm's main thing is damage. Myth is more of a manipulation school as opposed to a straight out tanking school. They summon minions (and I thinking minions need a STRONG fixing), and rely on other methods of controlling battles. So, with low damage and 80% accuracy, I think Earthquake is fine, because Myth could use a spell that is actually good.

And my Myth's name is Max Froghammer

Explorer
Jan 27, 2013
bluebugs10 on Sep 4, 2015 wrote:
I can see where you're coming from, but Storm's main thing is damage. Myth is more of a manipulation school as opposed to a straight out tanking school. They summon minions (and I thinking minions need a STRONG fixing), and rely on other methods of controlling battles. So, with low damage and 80% accuracy, I think Earthquake is fine, because Myth could use a spell that is actually good.

And my Myth's name is Max Froghammer
I know how myth is, and I want earthquake to be more powerful. But it shouldn't remove blades. I think we can all agree that a rank 6 spell that does less than 300 damage to all needs to be strengthened. That can annihilate Shields

Defender
Apr 10, 2012
I also understand how you feel. I loathe getting hit with them after I works so hard to stack my spells for an attack and then have it blown with one spell. However, I still think the spell is fine as it is and shouldn't be changed. I don't have any Myth characters at this time, my main school is Life.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
How do you feel about Sirens using Smokescreen, which is a fire effect? How about Catalan which uses a black mantle effect, which is balance? How about fire's efreet with bad juju? No school uses only in house effects. Life's Guidance spell should be a storm spell; life doesnt need accuracy boosts like storm does. All schools borrow from other schools, that's just the way the game is played. When you come up against a myth monster, just adjust your strategy some and you'll be fine. use traps instead of blades, or watch out when they get close to 6 pips.

Explorer
Nov 30, 2012
Yep. There's always going to be spells you hate and think are unfair. The whole point of these spells is to make you think. They could easily get rid of all effects in the game and just have attacking spells with no added effects, but how fun would that be. The point of spells like this are to make you strategize and figure out ways to work around it. Strategy is what makes this game fun.